Killer guitars you regret selling!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Texsunburst59
  • Start date Start date
Geez.... Where do I start.... These PRS's, the SG was the best I owned, (I've owned 4), and the Silverburst Skolnick was a killer guitar.. Great Gibson V's I customized back in around '05..

Fun fact: That Quick Rod was "modded" with the 3 gears before Scott made it a production feature. I bought the amp from him, and he offered to do the mod for free..

ynahfodpnzrx56vfsnko.jpg
dibuuaf3ijgs2ljsira6.jpg
vq7x2ljdjvtvbvwog5fm.jpg
oitruuwn4mnbvmqwu41w.jpg

100_0475.jpg

100_0413.jpg

Last edited:
Geez.... Where do I start.... These PRS's, the SG was the best I owned, (I've owned 4), and the Silverburst Skolnick was a killer guitar.. Great Gibson V's I customized back in around '05..

Fun fact: That Quick Rod was "modded" with the 3 gears before Scott made it a production feature. I bought the amp from him, and he offered to do the mod for free..

View attachment 203278View attachment 203281View attachment 203284View attachment 203287
View attachment 203293
View attachment 203296
You let some really good gear go..

Gas really got the best of you ND.

That’s CRAZY!!!!

I would’ve easily bought two of those off you for sure the 1990 Gibson classic and the 1990 PRS custom 24.

1990 is a year my son was born and I’ve been trying to collect guitars from that year.

You sold a lot of killer guitars.
Those were just the ones I remembered instantly. I actually sold another 1990 guitar just a half year ago, an ESP George Lynch Skulls and Snakes.

I know 😭 Not only that, it was the most amazing sounding guitar ever. New PRS's dont even come close. I know because I bought a new one shortly after selling it.

Serial number was in the 5k range.
I sold my 1986 PRS Custom a couple of years ago. The guitar was good but I like my 1992 better. I also sold a 1990 Custom, that one didn't have bird inlays.

That was before the change to the larger heel, right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the heel was different, and the angle of the head stock was absolutely different.

Man it just had a resonance that was super amazing, and the tone was so balanced. It needed a refret bad, and I didn't want any rando smuck to do it.

I was going to send it to PRS for the work, but considering the cost I opted to sell it, and buy a new one. That was a big mistake 😥

My buddy sold me an 84' Flying V of his for $500 back around 1991 and like an idiot, I sold it.

This one haunts me mainly because Jimmy Page is my hero so I feel like I should at least have one LP.

fjnztia9kv6a0hsqjsce.jpg

tkxpomm3rnqrjzkfopna.jpg

Lollar Imperials with a 50s style bumblebee harness. Just under 8 lbs. and resonant as hell.

:mad:

This one haunts me mainly because Jimmy Page is my hero so I feel like I should at least have one LP.

fjnztia9kv6a0hsqjsce.jpg

tkxpomm3rnqrjzkfopna.jpg

Lollar Imperials with a 50s style bumblebee harness. Just under 8 lbs. and resonant as hell.

:mad:
Damn, that one HAS to hurt.

Such an amazing guitar.

Had a purple 1997 PRS Custom 22 fixed bridge with a wide thin neck and dragon 1 pickups. Pretty rare spec and I sold it. It sounded absolutely massive and it's really the only guitar that I miss to this day.
wxkv5cowvroefgx4vd9k.jpg

Had a purple 1997 PRS Custom 22 fixed bridge with a wide thin neck and dragon 1 pickups. Pretty rare spec and I sold it. It sounded absolutely massive and it's really the only guitar that I miss to this day.View attachment 205264
WOW!!!!!!

I bet that one stings pretty bad.

I have that exact same color flamed purple 10-Top ‘95 PRS Custom 24.

It’s one of the guitars in my collection that I’ll never sell.

WOW!!!!!!

I bet that one stings pretty bad.

I have that exact same color flamed purple 10-Top ‘95 PRS Custom 24.

It’s one of the guitars in my collection that I’ll never sell.
It was probably the best sounding guitar I had ever owned. I traded a core USA Holcomb for a wood library artist tremonti, sold a Rosewood neck custom 24, a platinum metallic SC250, all of which were great guitars. This custom 22 though, I still dream about it honestly. I've gone back to find the listing and the persons email who I sold it to and can't seem to locate it.

It's a DJ old wood replica. His inlays and pickguard, Terry Morgan plastics, custom wound WB's, early Pigtail TOM & stop. Damn thing was perfect. Everybody that played it would usually mumble something like "fuck me". Played like butter, faster than hell, and sustained for days. And I sell it like a complete fucking moron.

321136_292413614119532_1121031647_n.jpg

It's a DJ old wood replica. His inlays and pickguard, Terry Morgan plastics, custom wound WB's, early Pigtail TOM & stop. Damn thing was perfect. Everybody that played it would usually mumble something like "fuck me". Played like butter, faster than hell, and sustained for days. And I sell it like a complete fucking moron.

View attachment 205366
That top though.

Crazy beautiful !!!

Back