Killer guitars you regret selling!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Texsunburst59
  • Start date Start date
IMG_9513.jpg

Weirdly the one on the right is the one I regret selling the most. That thing fucking ripped

I can't choose which of the 5 I'd take. They're all gorgeous!

Reactions: DTP
There are quite a few. I had a car wreck a while back and had to sell a lot of gear. I sold a 90 Les Paul Standard that was one of the best Les Paul’s I’ve come across. Also sold some 80s Les Paul’s that were killer, but that 90 Standard was in league of its own territory. Sounded epic and felt great, even had a dark uniform fretboard. My friend has an 84 or 85 Les Paul Standard that was even better. I’ve owned some cool vintage Les Paul’s, played many others at friends and music shops, played and owned newer custom shop models and out of tons, only a couple played and sounded better than the 90 Standard. My friends 84/85 is the best I’ve come across. For whatever reason it’s just flat out amazing. I think 80s Les Paul’s are considered a bad era.

There are quite a few. I had a car wreck a while back and had to sell a lot of gear. I sold a 90 Les Paul Standard that was one of the best Les Paul’s I’ve come across. Also sold some 80s Les Paul’s that were killer, but that 90 Standard was in league of its own territory. Sounded epic and felt great, even had a dark uniform fretboard. My friend has an 84 or 85 Les Paul Standard that was even better. I’ve owned some cool vintage Les Paul’s, played many others at friends and music shops, played and owned newer custom shop models and out of tons, only a couple played and sounded better than the 90 Standard. My friends 84/85 is the best I’ve come across. For whatever reason it’s just flat out amazing. I think 80s Les Paul’s are considered a bad era.
Sorry to hear that! Hoping you can track down something similar and get some of that mojo back into your collection

I sold a really nice GMP pawnshop to that woman who used to sell tubes? can't remember her name... she's still a member here I believe. I asked her if I could buy it back some years ago and she said no! lol

Never seen one around here before. How was it?
it was fantastic. Super super super well built guitar and the woods/attention to detail were on a different level from most stuff made nowadays. I probably would've kept it but the neck was HUGE

It's a DJ old wood replica. His inlays and pickguard, Terry Morgan plastics, custom wound WB's, early Pigtail TOM & stop. Damn thing was perfect. Everybody that played it would usually mumble something like "fuck me". Played like butter, faster than hell, and sustained for days. And I sell it like a complete fucking moron.

View attachment 205366
I can vouch for everything he just said...I played it, ridiculous....

It's a DJ old wood replica. His inlays and pickguard, Terry Morgan plastics, custom wound WB's, early Pigtail TOM & stop. Damn thing was perfect. Everybody that played it would usually mumble something like "fuck me". Played like butter, faster than hell, and sustained for days. And I sell it like a complete fucking moron.

View attachment 205366
wowza. That thing looks amazing.

I've had a couple Steve Hague burst replicas and its amazing how much better some of these guys build bursts than Gibson themselves

I had a beautiful Jackson KV2 that I regret selling....it was white with black bevels....sounded amazing just couldn't bond with the small frets....could have just refretted it :p

Here's one...

Attachments

• HPIM8672.jpg
    HPIM8672.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 33
  • HPIM8674.jpg
    HPIM8674.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM8667.jpg
    HPIM8667.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 29

Back