Metallica tours with 64 guitars? JFC!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter thegame
  • Start date Start date
thegame
thegame
Yet use AXE FX with SS power amps to save $$$ on weight/shipping? JFC again!!!
On the arena headlining Damaged Justice tour, James had only 3 guitars on the road!
I guess they are more concerned with and possibly contractually obligated to 'advertise' their myriad of signature guitars from the stage, showing off a new one for almost every song.
And why am I so mad about this lol ???

https://blabbermouth.net/news/metal...-64-guitars-36-of-which-need-to-be-show-ready

Last edited:
and zero tube amps?

guess the AxeFx III Turbo is all that and a bag of chips

I guess they are more concerned with and possibly contractually obligated to 'advertise' their myriad of signature guitars from the stage, showing off a new one for almost every song.
Divine Remuneration.

64 "guitars and basses" divided by 3 (James, Kirk, Rob) = 21.3 guitars per player

Let's say there are two touring rigs, an A rig and B rig, so setup and teardown schedules can overlap while the band leapfrogs between each touring rig for each next show. 21.3 / 2 = 10.6 guitars per player per rig

Now let's say each guitar has a backup. 10.6 / 2 = 5.2 primary guitars on average per player per rig, each with a backup.

Saying it like that makes it seem a bit less insane.

64 "guitars and basses" divided by 3 (James, Kirk, Rob) = 21.3 guitars per player

Let's say there are two touring rigs, an A rig and B rig, so setup and teardown schedules can overlap while the band leapfrogs between each touring rig for each next show. 21.3 / 2 = 10.6 guitars per player per rig

Now let's say each guitar has a backup. 10.6 / 2 = 5.2 primary guitars on average per player per rig, each with a backup.

I have 30+ in my guest room closet alone and I use all of them, regularly. So I'm not surprised that they have that many on tour. That's about the average anyway for a touring musicians, or big name band (Rig Rundown videos ha e already proven that). Some people get too easily jealous, maybe they aren't fortunate to be able to afford or get a gig to use their gear.

About the SS vs Tube argument, I couldn't care less. I have and use both as well as Amp/Cab sim pedals. Each has surprised and impressed me in different ways. SS amps definitely have some advantages over tube amps, but we already knew all that 😆

I love my UAFX pedals aren't would choose them over the real thing any day

I believe they change the strings on every guitar ever show as well??
This is true. They're endorsed, and they play at the highest level in terms of show size, so why not?
the 64 guitars thing is wild. success allows all sorts of crazy comforts and excesses.

This is true. They're endorsed, and they play at the highest level in terms of show size, so why not?
the 64 guitars thing is wild. success allows all sorts of crazy comforts and excesses.

I like strings that last more than a song at most before needing to be changed, not sure who they are endorsed by but I’d probably buy the other company hearing that lol

Plus now, they have some lower tuned songs so there’s E standard Git’s and their backups, then the lower tuning has a backup etc etc.

Back