My fun time ruined (TGP content)

• Thread starter Thread starter dcburn mk.ii
  • Start date Start date
"If you start a war, don't complain because you're losing." :yes:

I was permabanned several years ago, after being there for several years. same user name as here.

I don't go back. but sometimes when I search on gear, TGP posts show up in the results
Ditto

Reactions: rsm
That place is a hot mess. They insta ban you if you post certain words or offend certain snowflakes. I am done with that place after ban #2. It used to be a great place 20 years ago but now it's just crap. Plenty of other great forums.

That place is a hot mess. They insta ban you if you post certain words or offend certain snowflakes. I am done with that place after ban #2. It used to be a great place 20 years ago but now it's just crap. Plenty of other great forums.
I joined there about 10 years ago. Or at least that was when I started posting more frequently. I had a lot of fun for a few years but that was when it started to go downhill imo. Long time members were getting permanent bans and week long bans started being handed out like candy on Halloween. I probably got a dozen of them before I finally said fuck it

I really, really don't care for big mike
Me neither... He's the one that gave me a couple weeks' vacation for saying the PRS Silver Sky looked "ghey" when it first came out. His reasoning was that I was "insulting artists".. That was a head-scratcher, and I told him to fuck off. Got bant, but went back a couple years later just to buy/sell.. Any time I do try to contribute, you get some know-it-all talking down to you like you just picked up the guitar last week. Ask about preference of locking tuners and some asshole goes off about how to properly change strings.. Yeah, I know how to lock strings, but even some higher end guitars have shitty, inconsistent tuners. And like I noted several posts back, if you're guitar is over 8lbs., it's harder to move.. I've never seen so many cry about a 9 or 10lb. LP when you know they're not gigging. Alot that do post clips and/or videos obviously don't even practice for that matter. They just buy high-end gear as a status symbol, and can't even play.

never seen so many cry about a 9 or 10lb. LP when you know they're not gigging. Alot that do post clips and/or videos obviously don't even practice for that matter. They just buy high-end gear as a status symbol, and can't even play.

Seriously it drives me absolutely insane, the weight weenies that literally ONLY play sitting down, ever.

I got banned for saying I regretted my actions in a thread and was glad the mods deleted my comments. Apparently, expressing remorse for mistakes and appreciation for moderation is a ban-able offense at TGP. If I knew THAT was what would get me in trouble, I would have said things that were soooo much worse.

I got banned for saying I regretted my actions in a thread and was glad the mods deleted my comments. Apparently, expressing remorse for mistakes and appreciation for moderation is a ban-able offense at TGP. If I knew THAT was what would get me in trouble, I would have said things that were soooo much worse.
Imagine expressing remorse for mistakes, I should ban you right now lol

Imagine expressing remorse for mistakes, I should ban you right now lol
TGP moderation: What a mod calls it when they ban someone for saying something that strikes them the wrong way on any random day for any random reason.

Rig-Talk can sometimes be TGP's younger brother. Trolls are anywhere/everywhere. Meh.

TGP moderation: What a mod calls it when they ban someone for saying something that strikes them the wrong way on any random day for any random reason.

In a thread about infidelity I made the comment that “erections have ended a lot of marriages” and they banned me for a week because “erectile dysfunction is not a joking matter”
Seems like I struck a nerve somewhere lol

In a thread about infidelity I made the comment that “erections have ended a lot of marriages” and they banned me for a week because “erectile dysfunction is not a joking matter”
Seems like I struck a nerve somewhere lol
They should have respected your personal experience. Rude. Imo.

Back