New Bogner amp leaked- Snorkler 50

If you email Bogner direct on these they literally don’t want to deal with contacts on direct sales. So it won’t be anything like the Pandora (which is freaking amazing). SW hopefully will get the normal product page up and rolling and mention if anything is limited or not.

If I had to choose I wouldn't know. If the fish wasn't hotter than the original I would have more interest in the X88R.

What gave it away to you?

Just looking at the preamp schematic, it seems like it would sound like it does with those couplers, cathodes, small bright cap, plate-fed stack, and 100K slope. Kinda dark, very low-mid voiced, a bit wooly and loose in the lows. Typical Bogner voicing. I prefer the Helios—punchier, more upper-mid grind. But you gotta make up for one less gain stage with diode clipping.

Last edited:
I had high hopes that the “Snorkler” was going to be Rock’n’Chippy’s new signature Cameron amp. He’s got his head so far up Mark’s ass that he needs a snorkel to breathe. I wonder if Chippy ever bumped noses with PsychoDave when he’s all the way up in there.

Back