New Dime Warhead amp.

• Thread starter Thread starter rottingcorpse
  • Start date Start date
For $600 bucks I'd say a true Dime fan would be better off buying an actual RG100ES, cause that little guy is never going to punch like a 100Watt RG100ES, with a Furman PQ4, MXR 6band, noise gate, ever................:dunno:

I get the whole collectable thing, but I would imagine they produced more than that that will be released at a later date, who knows. Grady supposedly helped design the DIME amps if you remember those. They were collectable too......

Well, that doesn't bode well for the new ones, because at 40w SS, it's ONLY going to be quiet LMFAO

There was probably something wrong with the one you played because uh

Granted, not everyone is into death or thrash metal, but tons and tons of players have used the warheads to get huge tones

The first non dimebag that comes to mind is definitely vader but chuck schuldiner used the warhead on the control denied album, I believe it was, as well

The warhead was never a favorite of mine, personally. It didn't jive with my style at all

But "utter shit" is probably user error or a broken one, judging by all the famous recorded tones of them - whether it's my jam or not

It sounded good at quiet volumes but I still think it’s shit . But I’ll admit I recorded a band and he used my warhead and I set it up and it was cool . But it just felt like a joke to my tube amps . Idk man

Is he? I thought Pantera was music for dudes with ankle monitors. And I'm a huge metal fan.
I’m just calling it like it is . Look at this new Warhead : it sold out in 1 minute

It sounded good at quiet volumes but I still think it’s shit . But I’ll admit I recorded a band and he used my warhead and I set it up and it was cool . But it just felt like a joke to my tube amps . Idk man

I dunno, it isnt my jam, for my style of playing

and I hate dirtnap darrell, and agree with the new guy that he makes music for dudes with ankle monitors. I'll add that he makes music for people with camo shorts who drink Busch Ice and have multiple DVs on their record lol

but i can't argue with the tones people apparently get out of the warhead. Vader especially is killer - it really suits their sound as a band.

Valfar of Windir also famously used them for those crazy, beautiful harmony leads on all their records - during his tribute DVD the lead guitarist used a warhead specifically to cop the tones

Panterrible was cool when youre like 13 and learning metal but once the yo yo yo wiggity wankstas and jocks picked up on it... mid 90's forget it man

The warheads sucked .only sounded good quiet . Utter shit

There were two versions though and the second one was supposed to be much better, the power switches are in a different spot to tell the difference, though im sure sure what position V2 is

Frosted tip ski-slope hair, too probably
I would 100% not be shocked if zoomers brought that shit back. They want to relive the 90's. Imagine them in 1995, no cell phones. The crave the aesthetic, but know nothing of the freedom we had

I dunno, it isnt my jam, for my style of playing

and I hate dirtnap darrell, and agree with the new guy that he makes music for dudes with ankle monitors. I'll add that he makes music for people with camo shorts who drink Busch Ice and have multiple DVs on their record lol

but i can't argue with the tones people apparently get out of the warhead. Vader especially is killer - it really suits their sound as a band.

Valfar of Windir also famously used them for those crazy, beautiful harmony leads on all their records - during his tribute DVD the lead guitarist used a warhead specifically to cop the tones

There were two versions though and the second one was supposed to be much better, the power switches are in a different spot to tell the difference, though im sure sure what position V2 is
Mine was first wave so maybe thats why

I would 100% not be shocked if zoomers brought that shit back. They want to relive the 90's. Imagine them in 1995, no cell phones. The crave the aesthetic, but know nothing of the freedom we had

Oh my god, can you imagine their horror at their friends just SHOWING UP at their house?

Oh my god, can you imagine their horror at their friends just SHOWING UP at their house?
Imagine if someone wanted to make some plans, and you had to use verbal communication and wrap it all up in 30 seconds instead of sending text messaging.

Ahhh so you and RaceU4her were the teenagers taking up all of the good amps at Guitar Center while I was in my 20s and serving my country. Noted.
(Cancels order for surprise gift Warhead amps for japetus and RaceU4her that also came with razor blade necklace)
Can I still have the razor blade necklace kind sir?

They had a horrific audience back then. Maybe Slayer's was as bad. Saw them both many times. Mostly dirtbags 👍

Slayer at least had 4-5 decent to full on great albums though.

Pantera was an awful hair metal band, then an abomination of a nu-metal band, and made some good music precisely in the middle of the two stages

They were never consistent songwriters though, even their only two good albums (power metal and CFH) are like 4 good songs and then a mountain of filler

It's crazy because as a heavy metal fan, watching how susceptible heavy metal fans are to marketing and mainstreamification

Pantera are simply the most visible "metal" band for that entire generation, then he died tragically, so now theyre an institution even though they went from a very poor man's van halen to limp bizkit with guitar solos

Slayer at least had 4-5 decent to full on great albums though.

Pantera was an awful hair metal band, then an abomination of a nu-metal band, and made some good music precisely in the middle of the two stages

They were never consistent songwriters though, even their only two good albums (power metal and CFH) are like 4 good songs and then a mountain of filler

It's crazy because as a heavy metal fan, watching how susceptible heavy metal fans are to marketing and mainstreamification

Pantera are simply the most visible "metal" band for that entire generation, then he died tragically, so now theyre an institution even though they went from a very poor man's van halen to limp bizkit with guitar solos
Where do you come up with all this shit lol

Back