New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
Nothing in that link even suggests his was modded.
It is telling though that every link you are providing is some sort of sales pitch for this new pedal. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You don't seem to bright, sounds like you're trolling. I'll leave you with these pics, though I already know you won't understand any of it - you'll just see the similarities and none of the differences.

Attachments

• MXR-Dist+guts1.jpg
    MXR-Dist+guts1.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 15
  • awimvijn8id5f9nsfuhb.jpg
    awimvijn8id5f9nsfuhb.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 14
Nothing in that link even suggests his was modded.
Given the circuit; the only useful mods to that pedal are:

:cool: The ability to switch the input between "buffer" or "pickup"

:cool: An input level control knob

:cool: Stereo or mono channel selector switch

:cool: A slider to pan between OP amp or diode clipping

:cool: A high and low cut EQ

First off. To bright ? Pro tip. If you’re going to call someone stupid you should use things like grammar and proper spelling while you’re doing it. Dumbass.

So you posted a picture allegedly of RRs D+. Which could be anyone’s really. I read the original article where Brian Wampler lists several simple mods. Nowhere does he say Randy’s was modded. In fact nowhere I have found does anyone say that. Hence why I asked for some proof. You know, like maybe a statement from the guy who built his pedalboard ? And that makes me stupid ? Why would it be modded for EQ if he had an MXR 10 band EQ on the board ?

When you ask for some sort of proof of something and are immediately insulted and attacked it’s pretty clear there will be no proof forthcoming. This shit you say is well known, you can’t cite a simple statement from anyone other than yourself that says it.

I don't have any beef with him but I don't care about anything MXR has ever made either.
I collect vintage D+s, not because of Randy but because it was the first pedal I ever got when I started playing in the late 70s and I stupidly traded it away years ago. So nostalgia. I am a huge fan of Randy's but as far as his tone, there is no really good live recordings that I have heard that would make me want to emulate that and the tones on the studio albums are probably thanks largely to Max Norman.

Altec speakers, overdriven Marshalls ANY D+ and you will be close the fuck enough. And that's just the Ozzy era. I think he was using either Ampeg or Peavey with QR. Solid state at that. The draw with Randy is purely his amazing skill. And anyone who pays $600 for a painted up D+ thinking it will get them Randy Rhoads' tone is a fucking idiot.

Altec speakers, overdriven Marshalls ANY D+ and you will be close the fuck enough. And that's just the Ozzy era. I think he was using either Ampeg or Peavey with QR. Solid state at that. The draw with Randy is purely his amazing skill. And anyone who pays $600 for a painted up D+ thinking it will get them Randy Rhoads' tone is a fucking idiot.
Mine sounds pretty good.

I collect vintage D+s, not because of Randy but because it was the first pedal I ever got when I started playing in the late 70s and I stupidly traded it away years ago. So nostalgia. I am a huge fan of Randy's but as far as his tone, there is no really good live recordings that I have heard that would make me want to emulate that and the tones on the studio albums are probably thanks largely to Max Norman.
Yeah and I collect pedals and demo/review them, it's obvious you don't know shit about these things and you troll like some kid who plays Fortnite. And yeah, kinda strange you "collect" MXR Distortion Plus pedals but don't have one of these and seem to be whining about it rather than excited and curious like any other actual fan of Randy's or the pedal. I don't buy the billshit. Sorry not sorry.

There are already some videos of the comparison between both the Vintage Distortion Plus and the RR Distortion Plus. You can find those yourself, since you have an issue with me. Maybe you'll admit that there's a difference.
And anyone who pays $600 for a painted up D+ thinking it will get them Randy Rhoads' tone is a fucking idiot.
I didn't pay anything for the pedal dumbass, MXR sent it to me but even so, people are going to spend, doesn't make them a "fucking idiot", just means either they have money to burn or are devoted to their passion. You obviously missed out and you're venting here lmao

Yeah and I collect pedals and demo/review them, it's obvious you don't know shit about these things and you troll like some kid who plays Fortnite. And yeah, kinda strange you "collect" MXR Distortion Plus pedals but don't have one of these and seem to be whining about it rather than excited and curious like any other actual fan of Randy's or the pedal. I don't buy the billshit. Sorry not sorry.

There are already some videos of the comparison between both the Vintage Distortion Plus and the RR Distortion Plus. You can find those yourself, since you have an issue with me. Maybe you'll admit that there's a difference.

I didn't pay anything for the pedal dumbass, MXR sent it to me but even so, people are going to spend, doesn't make them a "fucking idiot", just means either they have money to burn or are devoted to their passion. You obviously missed out and you're venting here lmao
Uh huh. I know you're the most important mother fucker no one has ever heard of. A legend in your own mind.

Uh huh. I know you're the most important mother fucker no one has ever heard of. A legend in your own mind.
People have heard of me here though, they've seen my review/demos in the gear reviews section. So yeah, you're one stupid mother fucker who has no real insult but keep going, I'm curious to see how much of a bigger piece of shit you can be. Good luck!

How did you ever do that without this new pedal ? Fucking amazing? You must have a pedal built by Pete Holmes.
Well, I didn't pay $600 for it.. I'll tell ya that.

Traded the guy on Reverb this RR V for it. It's prolly worth about $350, but I had it signed by Randy.

7zI3n3t.jpg

Full disclosure; I had the guy who works the counter at the UPS store sign it..

His name really is "Randy".

Well, I didn't pay $600 for it.. I'll tell ya that.

Traded the guy on Reverb this RR V for it. It's prolly worth about $350, but I had it signed by Randy.

7zI3n3t.jpg

Full disclosure; I had the guy who works the counter at the UPS store sign it..

His name really is "Randy".
Don't tell the kid that, you'll just get him even more fired up dammit 🤣 😂 😆

Back