New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
An investigation was already done on TGP and when they traced the IP address it was some other location. Down to a T? Not really, they stole a user name, a profile pic and linked some videos.

Sure ;)

I only wish it were true but I'd expect a witty insult at least and not a dull one.
How do you know about TGP investigations?

How do you know about TGP investigations?
I contacted a mod after I was alerted a long time ago. Someone from TGP commented on one of my videos so I wrote them. It was likely someone from TGP or PRS forums who were angry at me. For some reason, people on forums get super jealous because I have more gear than them or look young. It's so easy for people to get angry and talk shit these days.

I contacted a mod after I was alerted a long time ago. Someone from TGP commented on one of my videos so I wrote them. It was likely someone from TGP or PRS forums who were angry at me. For some reason, people on forums get super jealous because I have more gear than them or look young. It's so easy for people to get angry and talk shit these days.
Same.

Someone is poasting my tracks over there under another username.

:mad:

Haters gonna hate, just shake em off

Digitech Bad Monkey's are still selling for $400
mine is only 125 ............
1725229020187.jpeg
:yes:

Same.

Someone is poasting my tracks over there under another username.

:mad:
Sucks for sure.

And then people who know it but want to troll you in the future will act like you're crazy for staying the fact. Unfortunately, this thread was a great example of that, and who knows, maybe the trransgender "women" obsessed with me were the ones responsible.

It's all good, don't worry, karma will take care of the assholes. For now, you can contact a mod, upload a video telling them someone is posting your stuff without consent and they will shut that shit down.
mine is only 125 ............ View attachment 337449:yes:
That looks a helluva lot better than the Digitech original imo!

Last edited:
I wouldn't doubt if MXR released the RR104 under a completely different name and paint scheme. MXR did this with the Dookie Drive, and called it the FOD. Wampler did this with the Underdog too. So it's possible but of course they wouldn't say anything about that yet.
Did it with the Wylde Overdrive and the Black Label Chorus too. The Wylde OD became the GT-OD, the Black Label Chorus became the Analog Chorus (funny how that has become one of the most popular chorus pedals out there today).

Like Carl said ... they could have released every MXR Randy used ( I'm no expert but I believe he had several MXR pedals rehoused into that huge pedal board thing . )
Yup, wasn't just the D+. He also ran through a 10-band EQ, M117 flanger and old stereo chorus. He also sometimes used an old MXR analog delay as well.

I wish more signature pedals would do what they did with the EVH Flanger and put an artist preset right on the pedal.

Did it with the Wylde Overdrive and the Black Label Chorus too. The Wylde OD became the GT-OD, the Black Label Chorus became the Analog Chorus (funny how that has become one of the most popular chorus pedals out there today).

Yup, wasn't just the D+. He also ran through a 10-band EQ, M117 flanger and old stereo chorus. He also sometimes used an old MXR analog delay as well.

I wish more signature pedals would do what they did with the EVH Flanger and put an artist preset right on the pedal.
Left Channel Signal Chain:
MXR Distortion+ Output: 10, Distortion: 4
MXR Ten Band Graphic EQ 31.2: -2, 62.5: 0, 125: +3, 250: +7, 500: +10, 1k: +6, 2k: +3, 4k: -2, 8k: 0, 16k: +3
Marshall Plexi
Altec 417-8H 12-inch speakers

Right Channel Signal Chain:
MXR Distortion+ Output: 10, Distortion: 4
MXR Ten Band Graphic EQ 31.2: -2, 62.5: 0, 125: +3, 250: +7, 500: +10, 1k: +6, 2k: +3, 4k: -2, 8k: 0, 16k: +3
1975-76 Marshall JMP model 1959 Super Lead MKII 100-watt head : Presence: 5, Bass: 2, Middle: 6, Treble: 7, Volume I: 6, Volume II: 0, Input I top
Altec 417-8H 12-inch speakers

Both channels bussed into AMS DMX 15-80S Digital Delay (can substitute Eventide H910)

Why not just buy a vintage D+ like the one he actually used ? They're out there. I have several. Block and script logo. Way cheaper than this thing. Just don't buy any of the ones from Japan.

Why not just buy a vintage D+ like the one he actually used ? They're out there. I have several. Block and script logo. Way cheaper than this thing. Just don't buy any of the ones from Japan.
Because it isn't the same. Everyone who has the original Distortion+ or the newer ones d, has compared it and compared them. It sounds and feels way different l.

Last edited:
Because it isn't the same. Everyone who has the original Distortion+ or the newer ones d, has compared it and compared them. It sounds and feels way different l.
Randy used vintage D+. Same as the ones I have and the ones you can still buy. So if this is way different why is it billed as a Rhoads model ?
And in any case why would someone pay $600 for it ?

Randy used vintage D+. Same as the ones I have and the ones you can still buy.
Actually, Randy's wasn't stock.. he had it modded. The EQ reference and gain stage were slightly different which ended up making the pedal react totally different than a standard vintage D+. This isn't exactly news.

And not really any different from the example of anyone else's modded pedals.
So if this is way different why is it billed as a Rhoads model ?
It's an accurate replica of Randy's. His "original" was different from the D+, not sure where your information is coming from.
And in any case why would someone pay $600 for it ?
Because it's a very limited collectors edition?

Last edited:
Actually, Randy's wasn't stock.. he had it modded. The EQ reference and gain stage were slightly different which ended up making the pedal react totally different than a standard vintage D+. This isn't exactly news.

And not really any different from the example of anyone else's modded pedals.

It's an accurate replica of Randy's. His "original" was different from the D+, not sure where your information is coming from.

Because it's a very limited collectors edition?
Care to cite a source about his D+ being modded ? I know he also had an MXR EQ in his chain but I have never heard anywhere that his D+ was modded. And frankly I seriously doubt it was. It seems more likely a story concocted by someone trying to sell me a new fangled pedal that's allegedly a clone of his "Modded" original. What are the specifics of the mod ?

And even if it was modded it is a ridiculously simple circuit. You would spend way less than $600 modding yours.

Care to cite a source about his D+ being modded ? I know he also had an MXR EQ in his chain but I have never heard anywhere that his D+ was modded. And frankly I seriously doubt it was. It seems more likely a story concocted by someone trying to sell me a new fangled pedal that's allegedly a clone of his "Modded" original. What are the specifics of the mod ?

And even if it was modded it is a ridiculously simple circuit. You would spend way less than $600 modding yours.
Absolutely. Stock MXR gear, like everybody else that was around playing in that era. The MXR EQ is going to effect the tones more than anything.

I'm not interested in "what you think". I already know what's been proven and your ignorance and others ignorance doesn't negate or alter the facts in any way. It was just called "Randy's Mod"

Read this:
https://www.guitarscanada.com/threads/new-rhoads-mxr-distortion-coming-soon.297465/

Check out the schematics comparison.
You're missing the point of an official collector's item.....

I'm not interested in "what you think". I already know what's been proven and your ignorance and others ignorance doesn't negate or alter the facts in any way. It was just called "Randy's Mod"

Read this:
https://www.guitarscanada.com/threads/new-rhoads-mxr-distortion-coming-soon.297465/

Check out the schematics comparison.

You're missing the point of an official collector's item.....
Wow, you're a prick. You're also full of shit. What you call facts you would need to back up with some proof. You got a statement from Pete Holmes somewhere dickhead ? Because if you don't you're just another jackoff trying to relieve people of their hard earned cash for some snake oil bullshit.

Back