New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
Sympathetic is self aware or you mean humble? I am usually pretty humble and open minded when it comes to feedback but please remember that the first thread you replied to me on, you were rude and based your opinion on me solely because of that thread or it's comments. That is why I haven't really taken you seriously, tbh.

Guessing is right as your unsureness is revealing.

Not at all. I understand what I'm playing perfectly well.

It started in Major scale, went to Mixolydian and then Harmonic Minor within the first 28 seconds. And it goes from 6/8 to 4/4 and back to 6/8. There's nothing wrong with the way I'm playing it, I don't think you could ever do it let alone a complex picking classical piece that requires picking out melody with a bassline of the changing root notes.

Most modern church praise and worship music uses major scale. Some people can get away with using Minor pentatonic or blues scale for it, sure. For instance, playing a song in G would use G major scale, or E minor in pentatonic or E7 Blues scales shapes. It's not rocket science and not making it up lol It's basic stuff but can only really be understood if you have music theory and experience with it.

What forum? 😆 Sounds to me like quite a story you have there! This is the only forum I've been on lately. Sorry

And nah. You'll have to do better but don't want to stress you too much!

You couldn't stress out a raisin, dude.

1724932064325.gif

Anyways, enjoy your larping.

Sell you my limited edition Halo for 1200.00 unused in box👾

its such bullshit and hype
how can i guy dead for 42 yrs endorse a pedal
Ohh, i posted this same shit on TGP and was told his estate and sister endorsed it

so then. shouldn't it be a tribute.
Jheez peeps wake the fuck up. no matter what they come out with youre not going to play and sound like anyone else

its such bullshit and hype
how can i guy dead for 42 yrs endorse a pedal
Ohh, i posted this same shit on TGP and was told his estate and sister endorsed it

so then. shouldn't it be a tribute.
Jheez peeps wake the fuck up. no matter what they come out with youre not going to play and sound like anyone else
I think it does say it's a tribute to him from the family in the booklet included with the pedal. But yeah, Idk, I think this Randy Rhoads pedal is way better than the Beach Boys pedals that were released this year... The Beach Boys Sweetwater pedals were the textbook definitions of cashgrab and boring.. Nobody wanted them, they look terrible and don't sound anything like Beach Boys tones lol They super limited and still are not even close to selling out.

I think it does say it's a tribute to him from the family in the booklet included with the pedal. But yeah, Idk, I think this Randy Rhoads pedal is way better than the Beach Boys pedals that were released this year... The Beach Boys Sweetwater pedals were the textbook definitions of cashgrab and boring.. Nobody wanted them, they look terrible and don't sound anything like Beach Boys tones lol They super limited and still are not even close to selling out.
so why did they ink stamp his name on it lol
such fucking bullshit. A dead man signed the pedal :)

1724960456610.png

so why did they ink stamp his name on it lol
such fucking bullshit. A dead man signed the pedal :)

View attachment 336651
I see what you're saying but tbh it's just a printed signature, the pedal was made out of love for Randy, not of disrespect and cashgrab. If it was for cashgrab, they would have made alot more than 3200 and could have sold it far higher than $169. If it was for disrespect, it would sound like bees in a can - and the pedal sounds damn good through even a sub-par amp, it also wouldn't have included the celebration of life package.

As far as just stamping a signature, it's not any different than Hendrix or Elvis signatures on products long after their death. Worry not, they are great products and their legacies are not taken lightly. This Randy pedal is a great example of that.

Maybe instead of toting how rich and wealthy you are, you could share those riches with all the random jealous assailed you meet on a forum that nobody takes seriously for reasons 😉

I'd love to get sponsored, if only it was a thing.
She was being facetious AND has donated a guitar to the Wizard raffle. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Fail by MXR. They could have released a RR version of each MXR pedal that was in his board.
Totally.. make the chip pan board the ' limited" edition with 1982 of them made for the year of his death.You then collect 3 of the pedals to go on there. Apparently MXR needs regular people on their team...the Rhoads estate is clueless

I bet if you A/B any D+
No one would be able to tell them apart.
I had an original in 79/80 or so.
Sounded like a buzz saw with a bad bearing

Threw it in my parts drawer in the 90s and last yr got 149 on ebay

Fail by MXR. They could have released a RR version of each MXR pedals that was in his board.
Yes .. but thankfully Randy's sister Kathy is trying to get MXR to make it a production run

Randy's sister Kathy has said on InstaGram that she is trying to get MXR to make this pedal "for everyone" .... so the limited thing might not end up being that

A lot of times quantity released is based off of what is available for parts ....

the gut shot that was posted in this thread shows what looks like to me a NOS LM741 .......... it could be as simple as that ... they only had so many NOS Chips ...

but I personally think it was a test run ....... the Rhoads Estate has only endorsed this and the Marshall Head that I'm aware of .... they are getting on in age .... the Music School has closed ..... they could be finally looking to supplement their income .

Like Carl said ... they could have released every MXR Randy used ( I'm no expert but I believe he had several MXR pedals rehoused into that huge pedal board thing . )

The Disto + could have just been a " toe in the water "

the way the gear market is these days ..... they might have literally thought let's not make 10,000 of these things .... we might have to sit on them ....

the way the gear market is these days ..... they might have literally thought let's not make 10,000 of these things .... we might have to sit on them ....
Strange since every youtuber who got ahold of this pedal or a clone says that a Randy Rhoads Distortion pedal has been one of the most requested pedals from MXR. And I'm sure both MXR and the Rhoads estate are very aware.

I don't think there will ever be a pedalboard "tin can" re-issue simply because nobody would buy it and it would be small like a Tech21 FlyRig. Doing this small run was without risk, re-creating a full pedalboard of his pedals would be. People (even Randy Rhoads' most die-hard fans) would most likely just rather use a small pedal with their rig vs multiple or a whole pedalboard worth of pedals.

Randy's sister Kathy has said on InstaGram that she is trying to get MXR to make this pedal "for everyone" .... so the limited thing might not end up being that
I complained on her Instagram page so i like to think I made the difference lol..I alao told MXR that at the very least, incorporate his circuit values on to the current drive.

Back