New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
Boss > EHX > MXR

IMO
I love Boss delay stuff (I consider the SDE-3000 one of the best delay pedals on the market if not the best), can't really stand their drive stuff though. MXR modern drives such as Dookie and Gran Torino have impressed me but they're also not exactly being close to my favorite brand for any type of pedal, I'll just say that.

I love Boss delay stuff, can't really stand their drive stuff. MXR modern drives such as Dookie and Gran Torino have impressed me but they're also not exactly being close to my favorite brand for any type of pedal, I'll just say that.

I had Boss, EHX, and MXR back in the day; have a few Boss and EHX now. I usually look for Boss first, or something EHX has that's unique/different; not so much into boutique pedals... I don't use many effects, I get dirt from my amps, or an EQ in front; chorus and delay; hate reverb in general washes out the tone IMO.

Since getting my HX-Effects the only pedals I've purchased are Mooer noise gate, compressor (Boss CP-1X) and EQs (Source Audio EQ2, Ibanez Pentatone), and Source Audio Ultra Wave distortion.

People have heard of me here though, they've seen my review/demos in the gear reviews section. So yeah, you're one stupid mother fucker who has no real insult but keep going, I'm curious to see how much of a bigger piece of shit you can be. Good luck!
Says the loser who started off by insulting me for having the gall to ask you if there was any actual evidence of any kind that RRs pedal was modded.

Pretty sure I’m older than you douchebag.
Highly doubt that if every comment you write sounds like a middle schooler writing insults.
Says the loser who started off by insulting me for having the gall to ask you if there was any actual evidence of any kind that RRs pedal was modded.
Look up the comparison videos, I trust you're stupid enough not to humble yourself enough to go for gold ;)

I had Boss, EHX, and MXR back in the day; have a few Boss and EHX now. I usually look for Boss first, or something EHX has that's unique/different; not so much into boutique pedals... I don't use many effects, I get dirt from my amps, or an EQ in front; chorus and delay; hate reverb in general washes out the tone IMO.

Since getting my HX-Effects the only pedals I've purchased are Mooer noise gate, compressor (Boss CP-1X) and EQs (Source Audio EQ2, Ibanez Pentatone), and Source Audio Ultra Wave distortion.
For drives,Catalinbread is a newer brand but they definitely are up there as one of my favorites!

I like Way Huge, Jackson Audio and Revv as well.

Wampler used to be my absolute favorite but after awhile something about the pedals seemed familiar feeling. Can't really put it into words but most likely because it's one chief designer as opposed to 3 or 4 chief designers taking turns at Catalinbread.

Boss > EHX > MXR

IMO
All the Boss gear I've had was junk. BR-600 and DS-1 both failed in short order and I never bought another piece of gear from them again.

• Wow
Reactions: rsm
A lot of Boss circuits are fantastic ...... once you remove the buffer
There are too many pedal makers making too many nice pedals out there now for me to ever bother with Boss stuff again. I am not a "send it in for warranty" guy when something supposedly quality fails in short order. I just throw it in the garbage and get something better. I have a Strymon Ojai I only used at home for pedal steel and it failed. "Made in USA" it said.....ah....but the little black power supply for it was made in china and shit the bed after a couple months.....

There are too many pedal makers making too many nice pedals out there now for me to ever bother with Boss stuff again. I am not a "send it in for warranty" guy when something supposedly quality fails in short order. I just throw it in the garbage and get something better. I have a Strymon Ojai I only used at home for pedal steel and it failed. "Made in USA" it said.....ah....but the little black power supply for it was made in china and shit the bed after a couple months.....
That's why I build my own effects pedals.

:cool:

The circuits are all out there, and you can get the boards for about $12 each.

If ya wanna spend $600 bucks for RR toanz, buy a pair of Altecs instead of this $100 “collector’s item” with $500 polka dots.
The used Altecs will be worth $100 while the actual Collector's Item will near double in a couple years . I guess some people aren't smart enough to know the meaning of the phrase.

Strymon users when they see a Boss user:

aristocrats.jpg

:D

How I made millions, flipping limited guitar pedals... :cool:
The Klons.... The King Of Tones... The Underdogs... So many pedals have sold for 5k and above at one point or another.

That's not gonna change anytime soon either

Reactions: rsm

Back