ok, some of y'all have some fugly guitars

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
L6F3uQa.jpg

I missed this thread.

You want fugly guitars, get yourself a creative father-in-law that has a whole bunch of junk laying around his shed.

-baseball bat, DeSoto hubcap, C-clamp, and a pair of creatively welded horseshoes

IMG_1869.JPG

-creatively welded gang saw blade, cooking wok

IMG_2265.JPG

I know there's lots of Charvel love on this board and I'm big fan too...but I once had someone say my old CS San Dimas was "so ugly it's actually pretty cool" lol.

Charvel-CS.jpg

I have one in particular that my girlfriend absolutely hates. She thinks it is cursing our home. It sat under someone's bed in Utah for the last 30+ years and is maybe the best condition vintage guitar I've ever owned, and it even came with a leopard print guitar strap (still in the case). But man, this is certainly... a graphic...
NFX_1119.jpg

And while I don't think it's ugly, I also have one of these which I think doesn't appeal to most people, but it's definitely a conversation starter when I have it out:
NFX_1661.jpg

Didn't know this existed. I dig it.

BC Rich ignitor, it is actually super comfortable to play.

It feels like halfway between a Parker Fly and a Les Paul lite, the neck is slim but has very ergonomic shoulders. Neck thru, quad bridge.

It's super balanced, too.

Obviously it's a "acquired taste" type of guitar but I love it.

Some seem to find Modernes ugly. I've loved the shape since I first saw the Ibanez copy in a catalog around '75.
When the Heritage Gibsons came out in '82 I bought #77 of the first run.

I always felt the Hagstrom F200P was pretty fugly, like the bastard son of a Strat with an SG.
The pickguard makes it even worse.

This Eko Kadett may have one of the ugliest headstocks I've seen, but IMO the odd body is kinda cool in a cheap 60s way.
Gold sparkle on the front, silver sparkle on the back.

Aside from those, this Washburn BT-2 Maverick has a very unfortunate clownburst, but just isn't worth refinishing.
Won't sell it because it was a gift from a friend who has since passed away.

While we're on bad finishes, get a load of this early 60s Framus with a cheapo tobacco burst:

Back