Once again.... WHATS COOKING?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mailman1971
  • Start date Start date
That looks tasty.

Been making lots of pizzas lately. Made a deep crust breakfast pizza this morning
BKPizza2.jpg

Homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, colby jack, parmesan, romano, asiago, provalone and mozzarella to top it off. I only regret I was missing some green peppers and onions this morning. Still tasty. Crust was nice and crispy on the bottom and super soft in the middle. Need to bust out the cast iron again and make a true deep dish.

Geez, I'm way out of my league here. :LOL:

Still, it's great to drool over all your dishes, guys. :rock:

That looks tasty.

Been making lots of pizzas lately. Made a deep crust breakfast pizza this morningView attachment 65506
Homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, colby jack, parmesan, romano, asiago, provalone and mozzarella to top it off. I only regret I was missing some green peppers and onions this morning. Still tasty. Crust was nice and crispy on the bottom and super soft in the middle. Need to bust out the cast iron again and make a true deep dish.
Uuuuum. I almost came in my shorts :yes: The fact that I can't see inside is making me feel naughty. Gat damn dude I want to make one of those. Anything special here on the crust? Is that just pure cheese on top? Fuck me.

I didn't even understand what half the ingredients were, and that alone impressed me. :LOL:

Uuuuum. I almost came in my shorts :yes: The fact that I can't see inside is making me feel naughty. Gat damn dude I want to make one of those. Anything special here on the crust? Is that just pure cheese on top? Fuck me.
Just raw crust with sausage gravy on it. I did butter the pan so it would crisp up on the bottom. And yeah, it's just six different cheeses on top. It's a pizza blend I've been using for a few years plus the colby jack.

Alright soy boys, time to dust off those man buns, it's tofu time! Schezuwan Tofu Stir Fry. I should've either skipped the rice or cooked it in chicken or vegetable broth, as the rice sucked the sap out of the meal.

Last edited:

Same here. I want to see some some wide open vertical smile!
:aww:

Same here. I want to see some some wide open vertical smile!
:aww:
Just for you, DBN. I declared today PIZZA DAY. Pizza for breakfast and two crusts rising for pizza tonight.

This morning's:
Start with crust, sauce, homemade garlic powder and italian seasonings.
za1.jpg

Top with pepperoni.
za2.jpg

Since we're keeping it simple this morning, just sliced mozzarella for cheese.
za3.jpg

Toss in oven and fifteen or so later:
za4.jpg

And DBN's request:
za5.jpg

As I was tossing the cheese on I remembered my dad's stories of working at the first pizza joint in Rapid City as a kid back in the fifties. People there literally didn't know what pizza was at the time. So this old chef bro moves to town and opens this restaurant and pops is a teen looking for a job. Taught him all sorts of shit about how to make pizza. Many secrets were imparted and years later passed down to me.

The big one I'll share is this dude was a firm believer in cheese on top as it flattens meats like pepperoni or salami or canandian bacon and makes the sauce and other flavors blend together as the cheese melts over it to seal it all together. I'll sometimes put veggies on top to sear them a bit, but mostly I'm a cheese on top guy, which is why you don't really see anything other than melted cheese on my pies when they come out of the oven.

This one turned out great. Crispy and light with the massive kick of mozzarella and pepperoni.

Two more pies tonight, one extra thick, one extra thin. Gonna be a good night.

Speaking of pizza day NFA, did you see that Pizza Hut is now selling a weighted pizza blanket so you can cover yourself in pizza while eating pizza? And it's only $150!

??????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Speaking of pizza day NFA, did you see that Pizza Hut is now selling a weighted pizza blanket so you can cover yourself in pizza while eating pizza? And it's only $150!

??????????????????????????????????
Hadn't heard that one.

Last night's concoctions.
za6.jpg

Mine was olive oil, sauce, garlic powder, salt, italian seasoning, a little of my secret spice mix, pepperoni, chopped home pickled jalapeno, then shredded cheese (romano, asiago, parmesan, mozzarella, provalone). Marvelous. This is getting really, REALLY close to what I remember Jake's Pizza to be in Fairmont. Just a few more tweaks and I should have it.

Wife got a *LITTLE BIT* carried away with her cheese.
za7.jpg

Hers was just buttered pan, thick crust, sauce, very little pepperoni, garlic powder and thick cut mozzarella cheese. Not sure exactly what she thought was gonna happen, but hey, bonus cheese fried in butter is still cheese.

And pizza day concluded with her telling me to pick her up breadsticks from Pizza Hut tonight on the way home from work, so we're not done pizza'in yet.

No wonder I'm such a fat fuck.

Turkey sucks. I am smoking this prime brisket on white oak.

Attachments

• BE06E250-334E-47DA-B79D-93F47E442FDB.jpeg
    BE06E250-334E-47DA-B79D-93F47E442FDB.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 62
He's gold. :LOL:

I like that he put a decent amount of cracked pepper on the chops. In the cooking shows I often wonder why they even bother with pepper 'cause they put so little on. Last night, for example, I saw Rick Stein add, like, 3 peppercorns to a Thai curry... whole - not even ground! WTF? :LOL:

I don't understand why he didn't just cut the bones out after cooking. You've already got the flavour leech into the meat 'cause cooking's done. That's what I would've done anyway.

Back