People are fucking pissed...

• Thread starter Thread starter DanTravis62
  • Start date Start date
I wonder how many people actually buy a signature model guitar just because the band they like endorses them. I'll admit I have 2 signature Jackson Phil Demmel V guitars, but I bought them because of the specs. BTW these are the good ones which were made in Japan and had the original Floyd. Don't get me wrong, I like Machine Head but that's not why I bought them!

I wonder how many people actually buy a signature model guitar just because the band they like endorses them. I'll admit I have 2 signature Jackson Phil Demmel V guitars, but I bought them because of the specs. BTW these are the good ones which were made in Japan and had the original Floyd. Don't get me wrong, I like Machine Head but that's not why I bought them!

I'm actively looking for a PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt and an Epiphone Bjorn Gelotte signature guitars. I slept on them because "Ew SE" and "Ew Epiphone", but those dudes tour with those guitars and it makes me really want one. I don't know why, I just need them.

That what's his face from Go-queer-a switched from a charvel to a ESP

View attachment 333513

The comments are full of salty charvel guys, for obvious reasons.

That makes him, mark morton, and mick thomsen from shitknot that have left jackson/charvel lately, in a relatively short period of time

I wonder what's going on? Losing endorsements left and right isn't a good look
People like money. Not that hard.

I haven’t smoked a cig in 17 years and I’m so mad I want a camel wide unfiltered right now

People like money. Not that hard.

That's why they take endorsements in the first place, generally not why they leave one endorsement for another

I would guess it's more likely a spec or behind the scenes issue like Vultures suggested

I haven’t smoked a cig in 17 years and I’m so mad I want a camel wide unfiltered right now

I should have guessed that was you in the faceberg comment section burning his Satellite Radio Metal in effigy

I'm actively looking for a PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt and an Epiphone Bjorn Gelotte signature guitars. I slept on them because "Ew SE" and "Ew Epiphone", but those dudes tour with those guitars and it makes me really want one. I don't know why, I just need them.

That's too funny, those are two of the signature guitars I actively keep an eye out for too.

Mostly because of the specs but also because both of them actually tour with them as you said.

Yeah.. I need to scoop the box and take out the garbage..

Charvel is kinda lame.

They make good stuff and all that, but I think the vibe is the company is lame.

Last edited:
I like Charvel, and the sig model he had with them was pretty cool. As a company though, they seem pretty content with sticking to a formula that works. Maybe with ESP, they'll come up with something cool.

That's too funny, those are two of the signature guitars I actively keep an eye out for too.

Mostly because of the specs but also because both of them actually tour with them as you said.

I let an Akerfeldt SE slip through my fingers for $600 a few years ago because I was still in the "Ew SE" camp. I hate myself for it. Hard to find 24 fret singlecuts, even harder to find them without the Gibson neck angle and without a TOM bridge. I dislike tune-o-matics so much.

Kamel reds for me, but unfiltereds are decent for the first of the day or if you have a death wish
I have in laws who smoked the non filters. They go killer with some morning coffee but I was a Newport-Salem guy when I smoked cigs.

:LOL:

The most obvious reason being people have nothing better to do but be butthurt over meaningless pseudo celeb guitarist switching away from their favorite brand. I thought only PRS guys were that sensual. LOL
He left PRS? I feel personally attacked. Fuckin loser! :ROFLMAO:

That's why they take endorsements in the first place, generally not why they leave one endorsement for another

I would guess it's more likely a spec or behind the scenes issue like Vultures suggested

I should have guessed that was you in the faceberg comment section burning his Satellite Radio Metal in effigy
So you have the same job? Same one at first? I mean, they gave you an opportunity.

Having been "in the industry" and the way others work, people love opportunities to better their position. The BEST way to negotiate more money, better deals etc is leave a position and find another. Sad, but very true. Endorsements are the exact. same. way.

So you have the same job? Same one at first? I mean, they gave you an opportunity.

Having been "in the industry" and the way others work, people love opportunities to better their position. The BEST way to negotiate more money, better deals etc is leave a position and find another. Sad, but very true. Endorsements are the exact. same. way.

That's not really how it works with endorsement deals in the gear industry unless you're making a huge move up or down, not a more lateral move like this. I should know, I have a bit of personal experience with it.

There's a pretty stock/standard artist deals that most of the big companies put out there. For everyone but the mustaines and hammets and claptons.

I sincerely doubt fender lost him as an endorser because esp offered fucking joe from gojira "the big bucks" or something, that is pretty reductive and massively overstating his celebrity.

Is it possible esp thinks he's a bigger deal than fender does so they're going to give him more free shit? Yeah, it's possible but I doubt it honestly.

I think it's much more likely fender/charvel refused to do something on his models (like the Ibanez/everyone thing mentioned) or that he had a behind the scenes personal problem with someone

That's not really how it works with endorsement deals in the gear industry unless you're making a huge move up or down, not a more lateral move like this. I should know, I have a bit of personal experience with it.

There's a pretty stock/standard artist deals that most of the big companies put out there. For everyone but the mustaines and hammets and claptons.

I sincerely doubt fender lost him as an endorser because esp offered fucking joe from gojira "the big bucks" or something, that is pretty reductive and massively overstating his celebrity.

Is it possible esp thinks he's a bigger deal than fender does so they're going to give him more free shit? Yeah, it's possible but I doubt it honestly.

I think it's much more likely fender/charvel refused to do something on his models (like the Ibanez/everyone thing mentioned) or that he had a behind the scenes personal problem with someone
I noticed the past few years Fender trying to rope everyone into their products with endorsements, even guys who are not and will never be known for playing Fenders. Kingfish for example. I'm really surprised ESP hasn't scooped him up since it seems like his main axe over the past ten years is one of their eclipse style models.

EBMM

John Petrucci and the Music Man Majesty Guitar [Official] - YouTube

:thumbsup:

Also, EBMM

Ryan Fluff Bruce | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

🤮

Back