People are fucking pissed...

• Thread starter Thread starter DanTravis62
  • Start date Start date
Ha! i was Marb med 100s and then maybe a day a week id get camels to mix it up. the camel wides were for special events lol

No love for Lucky Strike unfiltered? They were the American cig of WW2

Propaganda Poster WW2 Lucky Strike Green Has Gone To War! (1942) :  r/PropagandaPosters

GI issue:

Stewarts Military Antiques - - US WWII Lucky Strike Green Cigarette Package  - $45.00

First time trying Lucky Strike Unfiltered. : r/Cigarettes

No, I don't miss them, not at all.

Really.

I don't.

Seriously.

:no:

No love for Lucky Strike unfiltered? They were the American cig of WW2

Propaganda Poster WW2 Lucky Strike Green Has Gone To War! (1942) :  r/PropagandaPosters

GI issue:

Stewarts Military Antiques - - US WWII Lucky Strike Green Cigarette Package  - $45.00

First time trying Lucky Strike Unfiltered. : r/Cigarettes

No, I don't miss them, not at all.

Really.

I don't.

Seriously.

:no:
I liked luckys and pall mall non filters but not as much as filterless camels, Any of those cigs plus a big cup of maxwell house breakfast blend will not make for a long life but it will make for an awake one!

I liked luckys and pall mall non filters but not as much as filterless camels, Any of those cigs plus a big cup of maxwell house breakfast blend will not make for a long life but it will make for an awake one!
my grandparents smoked pall mall, almost forgot about that brand, in the red pack. they tried to cut back when the dangers of smoking were just being known ( late 60s maybe), and they tried a few different brands with filters and other "nicotine and tar" reduced blah blah,...and ended up just smoking even more... one brand I remember was True, or something?

one of my buddys used to smoke those lucky strikes, they were not pleasant :LOL:
well of course, they're not pleasant, they're toasted! was also good that most of my friends disliked Luckies, so they'd rarely try to bum cigs from me unless they were desperate.

my dad liked Viceroy for some reason, I think they were popular in the Coast Guard and Navy, he was in both.

I have smoked like 3 total cigs in my life, but this thread is making me want to go buy a pack of cigs and sit outside and lean against my car and smoke one

As long as it's an 80s camaro or 70s firebird. Or that Porsche that James Dean died in.

Honestly what Fender has been doing with Charvel/Jackson (specifically Jackson) is nothing less than a warcrime.

They bought these brands and then did nothing for them except for, like, the bare minimum. Maybe not even that.

Charvel had a nice growth period with the 2016+ Pro mods and especially the breakaway DK24 series. Then Ibanez and cheaper brands lapped that market up right after.

And then they just... did nothing?

Honestly what Fender has been doing with Charvel/Jackson (specifically Jackson) is nothing less than a warcrime.

They bought these brands and then did nothing for them except for, like, the bare minimum. Maybe not even that.

Charvel had a nice growth period with the 2016+ Pro mods and especially the breakaway DK24 series. Then Ibanez and cheaper brands lapped that market up right after.

And then they just... did nothing?
Fender owns Jackson, my X series are good players for the price; Gibson owns Charvel. Gibson also destroyed the original Steinberger guitars and basses under Henry J.

I switched from Marlboro to Winston when they ran the "Smoke Naked" campaign. I was as shallow then as I am now.

I could care less who endorses what brand. Get paid however you can IMO. I know a fair bit about Dime going with Washburn and how he walked away to get to Dean. It was all about the Benjamins. Same with Randall to Krank. Know your value and use it.

my grandparents smoked pall mall, almost forgot about that brand, in the red pack. they tried to cut back when the dangers of smoking were just being known ( late 60s maybe), and they tried a few different brands with filters and other "nicotine and tar" reduced blah blah,...and ended up just smoking even more... one brand I remember was True, or something?
My grandmother smoked chesterfields. Both my mom's parents quit but my grandpa always disappeared out to the shop for an hour once a day to enjoy some chewing tobacco. He'd even compost his spent chaw, lol.

I switched from Marlboro to Winston when they ran the "Smoke Naked" campaign.
If I smoked more than a pack of full flavor Winstons I felt like my lungs had been salted and hung in a smokehouse to dry out.

My grandmother smoked chesterfields. Both my mom's parents quit but my grandpa always disappeared out to the shop for an hour once a day to enjoy some chewing tobacco. He'd even compost his spent chaw, lol.

If I smoked more than a pack of full flavor Winstons I felt like my lungs had been salted and hung in a smokehouse to dry out.
(cough)...I'm fine....(cough)

That's not really how it works with endorsement deals in the gear industry unless you're making a huge move up or down, not a more lateral move like this. I should know, I have a bit of personal experience with it.

There's a pretty stock/standard artist deals that most of the big companies put out there. For everyone but the mustaines and hammets and claptons.

I sincerely doubt fender lost him as an endorser because esp offered fucking joe from gojira "the big bucks" or something, that is pretty reductive and massively overstating his celebrity.

Is it possible esp thinks he's a bigger deal than fender does so they're going to give him more free shit? Yeah, it's possible but I doubt it honestly.

I think it's much more likely fender/charvel refused to do something on his models (like the Ibanez/everyone thing mentioned) or that he had a behind the scenes personal problem with someone
Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Not sure what your experience is but Fender has a holier than thou relationship with artists. In my experience, even Gibson was better and that's saying something. ESP on the other hand does take chances on smaller artists historically (especially after something like the olympics) than Fender. You pretty much have to be a household name in your genre for Fender to look at you.

Bottom line, ESP DID offer him more in some avenue otherwise it makes zero sense.

Back