Post up a guitar or two you been wanting lately

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
Don't need anymore guitars, but these two haunt my brain....

Screenshot_20241007_085641_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20241007_090623_Chrome~2.jpg

Love the wood grain and the gold. How's she sound through your Twin circuit amp build?

As you can guess, great! I replaced the bridge pup from SSH+ to SSV+, and finally to SSH. It fits the guitars overall vibe better. I've played this guitar at close to 100 gigs already. Super stable, and never disappoints...

Vipers are SWEET!!! Poor man’s SG with a lot less neck dive.
I like the contours of them, I think it looks better than an SG. My big question is how is the tone control wired on these from the factory? If I'm selecting a middle position for both pups on, does the tone affect both simultaneously? I usually have the neck pup tone full up, but roll the tone back on the bridge when I am in the middle position for a sort of BB King-esque tone.

I like the contours of them, I think it looks better than an SG. My big question is how is the tone control wired on these from the factory? If I'm selecting a middle position for both pups on, does the tone affect both simultaneously? I usually have the neck pup tone full up, but roll the tone back on the bridge when I am in the middle position for a sort of BB King-esque tone.
I’ve replaced all the electronics, with EMG pups, CTS pots including a no-load tone and a treble bleed on the volume.

This I must have, I'm looking for a used one first if I cannot find one I'll buy a new EVH one.

This was my first concert WACF tour.

Attachments

• F1UE9OoaQAE9n3C.jpg
    F1UE9OoaQAE9n3C.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Eddie-Van-Halens-Charvel-Star.jpg
    Eddie-Van-Halens-Charvel-Star.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 14
Mine is close....

View attachment 350807

And, No, it's not for sale....
Modern Satin?

The only guitar I have that I've been able to set the action on properly. Straightest neck I've ever had.

It (Woody) is supposed to partner with Lukey (the Luke II) but Lukey's got a Helluva bump around the 5th ->7th frets so no dice on dialling in my action preferences... yet...

Oh, and I call it Woody 'cause of the sound, but it fits the look too so hey. :dunno:

I definitely would like another archtop jazzbox; recently sold my D'Angelico Excel-1 blueburst.

Campellone for the serious archtop fan. Head over to JGF and check out his build threads. He is getting a little older and is probably among a handful of top builders in the world. I would expect values to rise after he passes away. A great way to push your retirement back further.

1728382633699.png

Campellone for the serious archtop fan. Head over to JGF and check out his build threads. He is getting a little older and is probably among a handful of top builders in the world. I would expect values to rise after he passes away. A great way to push your retirement back further.

View attachment 350990

nice but I'd like a full-size, non-cutaway, with floating pickup and controls on the pickguard...the idea was to have a full top with only the bridge making contact to allow full resonance. The tailpiece and pickguard mounted on the side and neck, not the top.

DAESTBAMBGT-WF--414x1003.png

nice but I'd like a full-size, non-cutaway, with floating pickup and controls on the pickguard...the idea was to have a full top with only the bridge making contact to allow full resonance. The tailpiece and pickguard mounted on the side and neck, not the top.

DAESTBAMBGT-WF--414x1003.png
He does those too. Here's a 90's era one. If you really want to see some amazing stuff go look for his Cameo model.
1728385415132.png

Back