Presidential debate tonight 9/10/24 at 9pm est

• Thread starter Thread starter Totally Bored
  • Start date Start date
lol no not really.

I like target shooting though.
I just find it hard to talk to people about guns.
Because I get it, they are fun to shoot. Bigger guns, bigger fun.
We all have hobbies, and the people who I can discuss guns with are the people who happily admit they like shooting big guns and it’s legal to do so, so why not.
Where I have trouble is when people say they need these big guns for personal protection. And they say they need them for when the government comes for them and all that. I just can’t get behind that.

Just be honest. Ya like shooting guns
I am not a US citizen, otherwise I would have got FFL and full auto guns.

It is both fun and very good to have if shit hits the fan. A lot less looting happened in Texas, where homeowners were standing in front of their property strapped. And look at somewhere like New York.

Also regulations don’t affect criminals, only the law abiding people which anyway don’t cause problems.

If there is a will, even a kitchen knife might be a mass murder weapon. You know how violent knives are up close, hence the 21 foot rule for polive guys. If I am not mistaken, kitchen knofe is still the weapont with the most kill count throughout the world.

I am not a US citizen, otherwise I would have got FFL and full auto guns.

It is both fun and very good to have if shit hits the fan. A lot less looting happened in Texas, where homeowners were standing in front of their property strapped. And look at somewhere like New York.

Also regulations don’t affect criminals, only the law abiding people which anyway don’t cause problems.

If there is a will, even a kitchen knife might be a mass murder weapon. You know how violent knives are up close, hence the 21 foot rule for polive guys. If I am not mistaken, kitchen knofe is still the weapont with the most kill count throughout the world.
there will always be violence and death for sure. But how many “mass school stabbings” do you hear about?
counteracting gun violence with more powerful guns is like adding more gain to cover up shit playing.

b32dae65085480c1.png

She spanked him like the bish he is all nite.
It was so bad not even paying any mind at all. Game over.

Bro did you even watch the debate?
Of course not. I heard some clips and read some commentary. I heard her claim she had a gun. I also heard her last week say she wanted to ban assault weapons and high capacity mags. She claimed she didn't ban fracking as a vice president. Well, duh, she couldn't have even though she wanted to and claimed to support it in 2020. So her rebuttal to that in the clip you posted was clearly disingenuous and a dodge, which the moderators let her slide with. When she brought up casting the tie-breaking vote in the scam spending bill no one brought up the fact that was the bill that allowed the IRS to go after tip earners. She never, to my knowledge ( including in the clip you posted) satisfactorily answered the question why she was changing her policy positions from just 4 years ago. She wasn't asked nor was she pressed to answer why she never did any of the things she claims she will do now over the last 3.5 years, even though clearly she thought she had the power to ban fracking so she must think she had some sort of sway over policy as vice president. In short, she is obviously lying to get votes. Which is what politicians do so... The media/moderators letting her get away with it when they clearly wouldn't let Trump get away with it is the big story.

My take on it based on what I heard.
Trump did what Trump does. Largely opening his mouth and saying dumb shit.
Harris performed solidly, though she wasn't fact checked by the mods like Trump was, nor did they press her for actual answers like they did Trump. Even the more moderate pundits from USA Today and Reuters and such admitted that the debate was mostly a 3 on 1.

In the end, no one changed their mind based on the debate and with 2 months to go I don't think it matters. I would like to see her do a debate on Fox or a less friendly network who will actually press her instead of setting her up.

Grand pooba?
Reference to the old flinstones cartoon. Fred and Barney were in the grand order of the water buffalo… the leader was called the grand pooba. Leader of the kkk is the grand dragon or grand wizard. So jokingly the head of the local chapter of the kkk is the grand poobaa….

lol no not really.

I like target shooting though.
I just find it hard to talk to people about guns.
Because I get it, they are fun to shoot. Bigger guns, bigger fun.
We all have hobbies, and the people who I can discuss guns with are the people who happily admit they like shooting big guns and it’s legal to do so, so why not.
Where I have trouble is when people say they need these big guns for personal protection. And they say they need them for when the government comes for them and all that. Or that it’s a “God given right”
I just can’t get behind that.

Just be honest. Ya like shooting guns
Dan the whole reason we have the right to bare arms is to defend ourselves from tyranny in government. The feasibility of that, or lack of, is due largely to the unconstitutional infringements since 1938, nevertheless, it is what it is.

And I gotta point out that an AR-15 is not a big gun. it is a .22 caliber. Your great grandfather hunted mule deer with bigger guns for sure. And there are plenty of examples of people defending themselves with them. The issue I have is when people who really don't know anything about guns start talking about creating gun laws. Look up stats for south Chicago on any given weekend and you will see that criminals are in possession of "Assault weapons" and " High capacity magazines". Creating laws that only the law abiding will follow is at best feel good, do nothing bullshit and at worst utterly immoral.

Dan the whole reason we have the right to bare arms is to defend ourselves from tyranny in government. The feasibility of that, or lack of, is due largely to the unconstitutional infringements since 1938, nevertheless, it is what it is.

And I gotta point out that an AR-15 is not a big gun. it is a .22 caliber. Your great grandfather hunted mule deer with bigger guns for sure. And there are plenty of examples of people defending themselves with them. The issue I have is when people who really don't know anything about guns start talking about creating gun laws. Look up stats for south Chicago on any given weekend and you will see that criminals are in possession of "Assault weapons" and " High capacity magazines". Creating laws that only the law abiding will follow is at best feel good, do nothing bullshit and at worst utterly immoral.

I think all of that is BS. Too bad so sad

I’m assuming if there were a law attempting to ban them, it would be pretty specific on what constitutes one.
I think it’s pretty clear she has no intention of banning ALL guns
You mean like the Clinton AW ban that was allowed to expire after it did nothing to affect crime ? It literally did not define the term nor did it clearly specify which exact guns were banned. Nor will it ever. In any case, not banning ALL guns is still infringing on constitutional rights, no ?
I mean what if we banned most free speech, but not ALL free speech ? In fact apply any of the "Gun control" logic to ANY of the other amendments. And think about this because it's important. If the government is allowed to dismiss ANY of the amendments that were codified specifically to LIMIT the government, then it can dismiss them all.

Reactions: Geo
Some guns are more equal than other guns?
Arms in common use are protected by the 2A per SCOTUS rulings, including Bruen. It cannot be denied that AR-15s are in common use. End of story. The first time one of these cases actually gets to the supreme court there will be no more "Assault weapon" bans. Which is precisely why anti-gun politicians haven't yet gotten serious about banning them.

Reactions: Geo
there will always be violence and death for sure. But how many “mass school stabbings” do you hear about?
counteracting gun violence with more powerful guns is like adding more gain to cover up shit playing.
What percentage of people killed by violence are killed in "Mass shootings" ? I'll give you a hint. It's almost statistically irrelevant.

As for what can stop school shootings, so far everything that would work has been resisted vehemently. Guess what doesn't work ? Banning AR-15s.

So far I am playing nice Dan. Why don't you try to do the same?

I don’t care if you are “playing nice”. Go ahead and be a dipshit that calls people gay as an insult again. Cmon tough guy!

now that you are done commenting on a debate you didn’t even watch you are back to accusing me of talking about things I have no clue about anyways lol

Back