Satriani Now Needs a “clean amp” Just For 1 VH Song…

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
Its the fact he's sweating something so lame. Learn the song and be done with it. Play it dirty like Ed did if you're trying to pay homage to the guy.
This.

And I agree, he has been sounding good lately. He's just such a goof ball :lol:

Same guys have rooms with 50 amps in them to play "Lay It Down" through. But one of the most famous guitarists on the planet is a complete dickhead for wanting an additional touring amp.
Drama queens galore.

Wtf is wrong here. People bitching about Joe wanting a clean amp for a certain song they want to play!!!!!! Lol

This is lame.... But very entertaining

Too bad for Joe that he doesn't have all of the basement warriors here on his crew to guide him on the correct way to do things. He's really missing out.

What clean amp did he pick? I didn’t take Joe as a channel switcher and thought he would be more comfortable with a volume knob roll.

Same guys have rooms with 50 amps in them to play "Lay It Down" through. But one of the most famous guitarists on the planet is a complete dickhead for wanting an additional touring amp.
Lol. Yup. I am one of them!!!!

Exactly my thoughts about all this. WTF does it matter that much to some????

Some people just can't help it to shit on others.

Just watched the vid of Ed playing this tune from '95.
That sounds like the guitar turned down a bit with his usual pitch-shifting going on. I'm curious wondering why Satch thinks he needs a special amp. Go rent a Roland Jazz Chorus.
This guy hasn't lost his chops but may be losing his mind.

Clearly see… No Floyd / Fixed bridge piezo equipped guitar for that song.

IMG_8163.jpeg

Actually, 3rd Power amps have fantastic cleans but are only accessible with a proprietary footswitch. Unfortunately Joe's tech forgot to bring this on tour:

gc9sf.main.jpg

Who cares?

Guy can afford whatever he wants and has more skill than this entire forum combined.

Geez.

except that last part.. some killer players on this forum. Joe is good but I will be honest, never blew me away with anything. I like this blues phrasing but nothing that special about legato and running modes. I do like his groove though and I'm happy he is out there having a good time and getting paid.

Speak for yourself bruh. There are a lot of great players on this forum.

Also, this has nothing to do with affording gear. This is about what a jackass he is. He’s a great player and the videos of him lately have shown he’s practiced and got the chops to pull off the VH songs which is all you need. Why didn’t he think of adding the cleans on his new amp he just got?

I still think he's struggling. Looks nervous and his right hand just can't keep up. Timing is off. It's cool, it's not his thing but I bet you anything he will feel relieved when the tour ends and will want to go back to playing stuff more in his wheelhouse.

Here’s me playing . I’ll take satch on lol but fr
RT has some great players

Did Batio hand you the keys to the lamborghini ? Dangerously close to his nintendo levels of pinball speed. Nice and clean though, good on ya!

except that last part.. some killer players on this forum. Joe is good but I will be honest, never blew me away with anything. I like this blues phrasing but nothing that special about legato and running modes. I do like his groove though and I'm happy he is out there having a good time and getting paid.
I DIDN'T say it to be taken literally.

Is this turning into the fucking pearl-clutching granny group known as TGP?!?

Sure there most likely are some folks here who can actually play guitar.

Back