Satriani Now Needs a “clean amp” Just For 1 VH Song…

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
I would love to see them. He’s sounding pretty good now playing the songs.
You mean all the people on this forum who were insisting that Al Estrada was the only one who could handle the gig were wrong lol?

I think it was just a cringe moment when he was on the stern show. I think they had literally just gotten together and not sure how much practice Joe had at that point. Now he’s killing it.

MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA ------------------------------

giphy.gif

Speak for yourself bruh. There are a lot of great players on this forum.

Also, this has nothing to do with affording gear. This is about what a jackass he is. He’s a great player and the videos of him lately have shown he’s practiced and got the chops to pull off the VH songs which is all you need. Why didn’t he think of adding the cleans on his new amp he just got?
Post your fucking awesome chops will ya, sport?

You mean all the people on this forum who were insisting that Al Estrada was the only one who could handle the gig were wrong lol?
I wasn't one of them and I agree that was lame. Al is great but his diehard fan base are a bunch of nut huggers who think he is the end all/be all for the VH gig.
Post your fucking awesome chops will ya, sport?
Triggered much? :jerkit:

If you knew how to properly read, you'd see that I didn't specifically insinuate that I was as good as Satch. You made a blanket statement with everyone here and I just told you to slow your role. I've posted clips on here before. Go search them.

Also, if you actually read the fucking article, you'll see just how absurd it is and why I brought it up. He's a world class player and this gig has had him shaking in his boots and lacking confidence from the get go for whatever reason. He pulled it off. He's playing the songs great and now he's worried about a clean tone on 1 song that VH himself played slightly dirty live?? You're not seeing the point I was laughing and scratching my head about. This has NOTHING to do with limiting yourself to one amp or bringing a fucking 20ft container worth of gear. Its the fact he's sweating something so lame. Learn the song and be done with it. Play it dirty like Ed did if you're trying to pay homage to the guy. He didn't plug into a Dumble or Jazz Chorus to play that song live.

Ed put piezo saddles in a Wolfgang and had a stereo jack that fed clean to house I think. That would be an easier solution, but the point is marketing hype for the builder, so there’s that.

Back