Satriani Now Needs a “clean amp” Just For 1 VH Song…

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
all this thread makes me want to do is go listen to great bands like Oasis and Nirvana :dunno:

I've been checking the kid out for 15m and I can tell this isn't true.
It's no use trying to convince the autistic, he's going to keep fighting and telling you that he's meh but then will side with a band (Nirvana) who couldn't even perform 4 chords right in a live show and say "I long for the days of simplicity".

He couldn't even read the sarcasm in the room, for fucks sake 🙄 😂 🤣

Matteo is amazing but he is 27.

Clapton recorded Fresh Cream when he was 21.

Yngwie recorded Rising Force when he was 21.

Eddie recorded VHI when he was 23.

Beck recorded Truth when he was 24.

Hendrix recorded Are You Experienced when he was 25.

Age is a strange variable to throw in just to make a counter argument but if we want to really dive into it, Kingfish Ingram, at 15 years old, had already more music theory at that age and could play circles around any of those guitarists, blindfolded.

He had his own signature pickups, guitar, recorded on albumns and toured at 16. So I think he has all them beat.

But no, technical skill and ability wise, people here are a joke if they think Matteo is behind Ed or Hendrix 😆

Not sure that matters, but if it does, Satch was 31 when Surfing with the Alien came out. Probably nobody remembers that he was the topic of the OP. LOL!

But what are Rick Beatoffs thoughts on these modern elevator tunes?

Age is a strange variable to throw in just to make a counter argument but if we want to really dive into it, Kingfish Ingram, at 15 years old, had already more music theory at that age and could play circles around any of those guitarists, blindfolded.

He had his own signature pickups, guitar, recorded on albumns and toured at 16. So I think he has all them beat.

But no, technical skill and ability wise, people here are a joke if they think Matteo is behind Ed or Hendrix 😆

This kid can rip.
I enjoy his playing and tone, been watching him for a bit.

He played a little while ago, a small NY town south of Syracuse called Homer.
Around Cortland area.
About 90 minutes or so away from me.

Unfortunately, it was a week night and Im old, lol.
Really wish I would have sucked it up and went!

I love listening to Matteo play, but I don't think he's got the unique vocabulary/style of an EVH or a Holdsworth, or at least not yet. He seems pretty squarely in the jazz/fusion camp, sprinkled with blues, and the occasional nod to Holdsworth. He's a very expressive, soulful player though. He's got a feel for it, it's not just all chops. Just listen to his nylon string stuff.

I don't think Matteo's an abusive, cheating alcoholic though, and he still has a pulse, so +2 for him in those columns :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back