Satriani Now Needs a “clean amp” Just For 1 VH Song…

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
I personally have always disliked that specific G3 with Yngwie for whatever reasons.

Now if you want to see 2 guys look like they are scared shitless - the G3 tour with Guthrie was mad. He was just smiling and Vai and Satch are huddled close together trying to figure out how NOT to play something similar to GG, or he'd just shred em out. As a teen who was just Gaga for Vai and Satch, Guthrie changed my whole world! Changed what I enjoy hearing as a player and lead me down a guitar pathway I had not been down before!
Check Mateo Mancuso . He’s taken what Guthrie does to another level. I was learning his song DROP D and it was a great revelation . I been teaching my students some of his ideas

Check Mateo Mancuso . He’s taken what Guthrie does to another level. I was learning his song DROP D and it was a great revelation . I been teaching my students some of his ideas
Yeah, i found him years ago. I would say he does a different thing than Guthrie, for sure. Still - Monster player!

Did you see the movie The Red Violin ? The child prodigy with the bad heart that dropped dead and became irrelevant - that’s Matteo. Chops from hell but that’s it. Nothing memorable.

That's also Eddie, in a way.

The band went on like nothing happened. Ed's full potential was reached and he crashed like a burnt weenie. There are some fans that will say Eddie is better that everyone but in Matteo's case, he isn't in a band, he just plays with whoever so Matteo is a bit more creditable already due to that. Don't think that nobody would claim Matteo was the best guitarist to ever live, because they would. And Matteo's potential will likely never been met.

Remember Van Halen is a band, not the guitarist.

That's also Eddie.

The band went on like nothing happened. There are some fans that will say Eddie is better but in Matteo's case, he isn't in a band, he just plays with whoever so Matteo is a bit more creditable already due to that.
You are one dense dude. Ed had an incredible career and died as a senior citizen after producing a library sized body work that will be studied for decades to come. Matteo is a nobody competing in a niche market. You clearly don’t understand comparisons.

You are one dense dude. Ed had an incredible career and died as a senior citizen after producing a library sized body work that will be studied for decades to come. Matteo is a nobody competing in a niche market. You clearly don’t understand comparisons.
Yet you are comparing a nobody in a niche market to Eddie and sound threatened/compromised. Many people are already saying Matteo has surpassed Eddie, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

The irony.... oh but I'm not surprised considering your other autistic replies.

Oh to be young and ignorant again....

Yet you are comparing a nobody in a niche market to Eddie and sound threatened/compromised. Many people are already saying Matteo has surpassed Eddie, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

The irony.... oh but I'm not surprised considering your other autistic replies.

Oh to be young and ignorant again....
Surpassed him in what - hoodies?… Gay lovers???

When Matteo has 13 number ones and 13+ gold and platinum records, 80M+ records sold, millions of fans and a net worth of $100M, a guitar and amp company, then ill be impressed. Until then…
If you want to win an argument don’t name call with ad hominem attacks and bring receipts with objective data and metrics.

Numbers and math don’t lie.

Last edited:
When Matteo has 13 number ones and 13+ gold and platinum records, 80M+ records sold, millions of fans and a net worth of $100M then ill be impressed. Until then…
If you want to win an argument don’t name call with ad hominem attacks and bring receipts with objective data and metrics.

Numbers and math don’t lie.
Again, I may be old but not autistic like your dumbass or WizardAmpInPhone's pedo ass.

We're living in modern times dumbass, get used to it. Record sales means nothing. Matteo has more views than Van Halen across Social Media platforms. Steaming is a thing... FUCKTARDS!!! Now go stick your dick in a microwaved grapefruit like your father showed you... damn autistic furries.

Again, I may be old but not autistic like your dumbass or WizardAmpInPhone's pedo ass.

We're living in modern times dumbass, get used to it. Record sales means nothing. Matteo has more views than Van Halen across Social Media platforms. Steaming is a thing... FUCKTARDS!!! Now go stick your dick in a microwaved grapefruit like your father showed you... damn autistic furries.
And a graceful loser ta boot.

And a graceful loser ta boot.
I didn't lose dumbass.

Just stated a fact. Accept the fact that times have changed then you won't be such a joke. Comparing a new artist of today's modern click platform to a bands records sale pre-social media era shows how much of a shit-staind virgin you are. Also strange you brag about sales, you must think Taylor Swift is the Christ. Just proves that when we were suckin on mama's tits, you were sucking on daddy's balls and dick! Just sayin.

Last edited:
Matteo’s changing the game if you like him or not .
You can have all the technique in the known universe, but if you don’t have great songs with memorable lyrics you have nothing. People remember the chorus and how they felt singing along to a song they knew. Two hours of shred is a recipe for a headache, as the things that were appealing in our youth doesn’t always last in and through adulthood as our tastes become refined. Mountain Dew was great when at 12 but is just awful at 50. Same thing with music. That’s why country and pop do so well, it’s all about the lyrics and singing along.

You can have all the technique in the known universe, but if you don’t have great songs with memorable lyrics you have nothing. People remember the chorus and how they felt singing along to a song they knew. Two hours of shred is a recipe for a headache, as the things that were appealing in our youth doesn’t always last in and through adulthood as our tastes become refined. Mountain Dew was great when at 12 but is just awful at 50. Same thing with music. That’s why country and pop do so well, it’s all about the lyrics and singing along.
People listen to different music for different reasons. Yes, the majority of people don't care about intense musicality and things of that nature - they just want an easy time to hum along with.

You are comparing things that shouldn't even be compared really. The same people that want the simple melody mostly do not enjoy music that has been popular for hundreds of years before they came AND after they are gone.

Music which certainly includes intense bouts of musical fortitude mixed with beautifully written melodies and changes.

For those who are in that niche genre, he is definitely blowing people's minds. Just because it doesn't work for the general populous, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Music is music is music.

People listen to different music for different reasons. Yes, the majority of people don't care about intense musicality and things of that nature - they just want an easy time to hum along with.

You are comparing things that shouldn't even be compared really. The same people that want the simple melody mostly do not enjoy music that has been popular for hundreds of years before they came AND after they are gone.

Music which certainly includes intense bouts of musical fortitude mixed with beautifully written melodies and changes.

For those who are in that niche genre, he is definitely blowing people's minds. Just because it doesn't work for the general populous, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Music is music is music.
Agreed, there’s a place for all of us. Unfortunately for most it’s in the garage or bedroom. He’s definitely talented but EVH was the whole package. The Archtype.

Agreed, there’s a place for all of us. Unfortunately for most it’s in the garage or bedroom. He’s definitely talented but EVH was the whole package. The Archtype.
Funnily enough, never have ever been a fan of EVH. I mean like the band and stuff. Cool music, just iverky saturated as a youngster.

As I've grown older though, I have begun to appreciate him for who and what he was. I enjoy his guitar playing and tone more now than I ever have. That being said, I never sit around and just listen to EVH. Great music though!!!

There are people on earth that are looking for more than . Wanna hear new things on the regular .

Music is music is music.
Well said. Now I'm gonna go check out this Matteo guy

Back