Satriani Now Needs a “clean amp” Just For 1 VH Song…

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
Haha. Yes I think I can beat Joe there......lol

As for chops.....I couldn't even be on same stage as Joe.
I can't say I am a big Satch or Vai fan. Great players but if I'm listening to instrumental guitar it's gonna be Santo and Johnny.

I never really thought of Satriani as a shredder, at least in a post-Malmsteen sense. Sometimes the Vai-esque acrobatics (and emoting) gets a little old. He definitely has some chops though and has a distinctive voice and style, and he's managed to make a living doing it.

It doesn't really matter to me what amp he uses. Even EVH was constantly changing things up, trying to scratch different itches-especially in the early days-and because of how veiled he could be with his tone search, we probably only know a fraction of it.

Last edited:
I never really thought of Satriani as a shredder, at least in a post-Malmsteen sense. Sometimes the Vai-esque acrobatics (and emoting) gets a little old. He definitely has some chops though and has a distinctive voice and style, and he's managed to make a living doing it.
I like his non-shred stuff. As I generally cannot stand listening to shred for longer than 30 seconds. Call me crazy.

I enjoy his playing with bands, for example:

I don't know. A musician finding an excuse to buy a new piece of gear he doesn't need sounds perfectly natural to me.:2thumbsup:
youre-right-breaking-bad.gif

If you don't like Satch or Vai, I suggest the G3 DVD they did with Yngwie.
Now, Vai cannot improvise worth a shit. Joe certainly can. When they jammed Yngwie made them look like High School Prom players. They were both in the fetal position, holding their sacks.

As to the 3rd Power head honcho being Trans. Let people be what they wanna be. It didn't effect anything when I bought the Satch amp.
They are fast too. The head already shipped.
PS, Dylana is not the first. Look up a band called Ramatam from 1971. It was a "supergroup" when they came out. Featuring Mitch Mitchell on drums. His first gig after Jimi passed away.
It also featured a female guitarist, April Lawton, who was amazing. She started life as a man. People that saw their shows swore she was female and to this day it's a controversial subject.

Now, Vai cannot improvise worth a shit. Joe certainly can. When they jammed Yngwie made them look like High School Prom players. They were both in the fetal position, holding their sacks.

As to the 3rd Power head honcho being Trans. Let people be what they wanna be. It didn't effect anything when I bought the Satch amp.
PS, Dylana is not the first. Look up a band called Ramatam from 1971. It was a "supergroup" when they came out. Featuring Mitch Mitchell on drums. His first gig after Jimi passed away.
It also featured a female guitarist, April Lawton, who was amazing. She started life as a man. People that saw their shows swore she was female and to this day it's a controversial subject.
Yep, I saw that G3 tour and agree Yngwie was the one who impressed that night. As far as listening to their albums go, eh. For instrumental shred I’d rather listen to EJ, Paul Gilbert or Ohm (Chris Poland). I enjoyed all 3 at G3 but Yngwie was there to take names.

I changed my post, so not to run anyone down. I won't go down the critique road.

You think you are as good or better than Joe , you are entitled to your opinion.
You should have left it, it's more fun to ruffle feathers around here and get spirited talk. I'm chill don't worry.. but it sounds like I wound you up like a top!

Your floors must be spotless at home with a sweep technique like you got there brother.
Well thank you ! It’s cool you noticed that stuff .I always wonder how other people view my playing

You should have left it, it's more fun to ruffle feathers around here and get spirited talk. I'm chill don't worry.. but it sounds like I wound you up like a top!
So what is your tgp handle? You reek of tan pants and swordswallowing.

Yep, I saw that G3 tour and agree Yngwie was the one who impressed that night. As far as listening to their albums go, eh. For instrumental shred I’d rather listen to EJ, Paul Gilbert or Ohm (Chris Poland). I enjoyed all 3 at G3 but Yngwie was there to take names.

Agreed. Yngwie made it very clear that there are levels to this. Especially with his improvisation skills and his melding with the band/other guitarists skills, that G3 tour made me have a huge respect for the maestro.

As far as 67Mike implying that no one here can hold Joe's jockstrap, I'll take that challenge too - I could certainly play all his surfing with the alien era stuff pretty easily. Although I haven't heard anything of his music since then, because I thought that music fucking sucked. If I wanted to listen to major key mixolydian mid tempo bullshit I would put on the teenage mutant ninja turtles theme and get it out of my system in 1 minute as opposed to an entire career discography.

So what is your tgp handle? You reek of tan pants and swordswallowing.
Hey protein is protein! TGP, I can't even remember what my handle is over there. Been years since I've logged in or "contributed" to any discussion there.

Agreed. Yngwie made it very clear that there are levels to this. Especially with his improvisation skills and his melding with the band/other guitarists skills, that G3 tour made me have a huge respect for the maestro.

As far as 67Mike implying that no one here can hold Joe's jockstrap, I'll take that challenge too - I could certainly play all his surfing with the alien era stuff pretty easily. Although I haven't heard anything of his music since then, because I thought that music fucking sucked. If I wanted to listen to major key mixolydian mid tempo bullshit I would put on the teenage mutant ninja turtles theme and get it out of my system in 1 minute as opposed to an entire career discography.

Yngwie hands down destroyed those guys and that was with him being past his prime phrasing wise. He just effortlessly flows across that fretboard can improvise with all his standard licks changing the patterns here or there to not sound repetitive. I've never been a fan of Vai's style. It's faces, shit tons of gain, legato and a fan to blow his hair around. I like his rythm playing a lot more actually. He's a fine player and iconic but chops for chops there are tons of guys I'd put before him. ( who don't have an orgasm when they hold a note)

i really wonder what eddie would think of all this?? shouldnt proper EVH amps be used since this is supposedly some "celebration" of eddie?? i know id be pissed off as a motherfucker if i was gone and some asshole was playing and profiting off my songs promoting some other amp company in the process. "oh eddie would just love this!!". the fuck he would lol

Just watched the vid of Ed playing this tune from '95.
That sounds like the guitar turned down a bit with his usual pitch-shifting going on. I'm curious wondering why Satch thinks he needs a special amp. Go rent a Roland Jazz Chorus.
This guy hasn't lost his chops but may be losing his mind.

I fucking love that song.

Yngwie hands down destroyed those guys and that was with him being past his prime phrasing wise. He just effortlessly flows across that fretboard can improvise with all his standard licks changing the patterns here or there to not sound repetitive. I've never been a fan of Vai's style. It's faces, shit tons of gain, legato and a fan to blow his hair around. I like his rythm playing a lot more actually. He's a fine player and iconic but chops for chops there are tons of guys I'd put before him. ( who don't have an orgasm when they hold a note)

Vai is like the prototype for the modern youtube/instagram guitarist

He can technically play anything on earth and has crazy chops, but he can't write music worth a shit except for like gay elevator music

The biggest evidence for this is Alcatrazz with Yngwie VS Alcatrazz with Vai

Vai can PLAY the yngwie stuff, sure, but look at the stuff he WROTE with them - it's horrible and has no personality compared to yngwie

This is like a modern retroactive rewriting of history that vai and satch are on yngwies level, because modern youtube and IG guitarists (for obvious reasons) love the idea that they can be a famous guitar player who is completely incapable of writing any music of their own that doesnt fucking suck donkey dick

And because youtube/IG is 90% "fan blowing hair" and "making orgasm faces" ..... well, as you said, it's a perfect fit.

Back