Since when did Lynch become a Lawyer?!?!?!?!?!!?

George Lynch is a monstah player...but that live gig sounds like a freaking studio recording...were they really that good live..if so, frickin' wow!

I lurve the Lynch Mob stuff anyways.

:|::QBB:
JKD":0fcbf said:
George Lynch is a monstah player...but that live gig sounds like a freaking studio recording...were they really that good live..if so, frickin' wow!

I lurve the Lynch Mob stuff anyways.

Funny how huge someone can sound when they can play huh ;)

Lynch Rules! He's the main reason I picked up a guitar!

I've been lucky enough to see him live many times with Dokken and The Lynch Mob. I also got to meet him at a signing session where he signed my Lynch ESP (I bought the ESP new back in 1988!!). He was real cool and had a wacky sense of humor.

In my book, he's one of the best! His guitar playing still continues to inspire me.

:thumbsup:

tnourse":cb70a said:
Lynch Rules! He's the main reason I picked up a guitar!

I've been lucky enough to see him live many times with Dokken and The Lynch Mob. I also got to meet him at a signing session where he signed my Lynch ESP (I bought the ESP new back in 1988!!). He was real cool and had a wacky sense of humor.

In my book, he's one of the best! His guitar playing still continues to inspire me.

You have owned the same Tiger since 88????

Pics man!

Great vid, Scott. That dude is sick and is still one of my influences. Met him at NAMM a couple years ago and he was super cool.

Digital Jams":c51c5 said:

You have owned the same Tiger since 88????

Pics man!

I'll try to post some pics tonight when I get home from work. I bought the guitar in 1988 from 48th Street Custom Guitars in New York City. At that time, all ESP guitars that came into the USA, were assembled at 48th street. This is long before ESP was huge in the USA. George was their biggest endorser. I also have a ESP "parts" neck that I bought at the same time. It's a Lynch model, with reverse headstock (of course!), and has a maple fretboard.

My Lynch Tiger is a pre-serial number model. It's purple and gold and was all hand painted. It has the usual Lynch reverse headstock maple neck, with ebony fretboard and the big Dunlop frets. The body is solid maple and heavy! It has a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Duncan single coil in the neck position.

It sounds and plays really good and I'll never sell it.

UPDATE: Here's one pic I found. You can kinda see the Lynch and the American made Kramer Pacer that has my ESP Lynch "parts" neck on it.

IMG_0420xx.jpg

I've had my Kamikaze since '88......pre-serial issue.

Lynch is my main influence as well.....he had me at "Without Warning"

Ultron":a86cc said:
I've had my Kamikaze since '88......pre-serial issue.

Lynch is my main influence as well.....he had me at "Without Warning"

Unreal! That's exactly my experience as well! I remember walking to hockey practice, listening to my Tooth and Nail Cassette :D :D and just being blown away by Lynch. That's what got me hooked.

I would love to see some pics of your Kami. I looked at those when I was buying my Tiger, but they were quite a bit more money. I paid $1350 for my Tiger back in '88. If I remember correctly, the Kamis were over $1500. Would still like to buy one someday.

'63-Strat":15f0f said:

LOL, I still remember the pics :lol: post 'em again :P

...and uh... did you play the PRS before buying it? I assume you liked it at the time? :lol:

Yeah I was just smitten by the beauty of the ten top, and at first I liked the neck shape but it became very fatiguing. :o

Telephant":6e965 said:

Yeah I was just smitten by the beauty of the ten top, and at first I liked the neck shape but it became very fatiguing. :o

Yep, I find their necks weird for me too. They do make some beautiful *looking* guitars for sure, but I just never got along with them.

Telephant, are you talking about the wide thin? My Cu22 has the wide fat, and I dig it, but I'm starting to like thicker necks as I get older. My EJ is damn near perfect feeling to me now, and I have friends who play it and ask what the hell that ball bat neck is doing on a strat!

tnourse":90176 said:

Unreal! That's exactly my experience as well! I remember walking to hockey practice, listening to my Tooth and Nail Cassette :D :D and just being blown away by Lynch. That's what got me hooked.

I would love to see some pics of your Kami. I looked at those when I was buying my Tiger, but they were quite a bit more money. I paid $1350 for my Tiger back in '88. If I remember correctly, the Kamis were over $1500. Would still like to buy one someday.

I remember popping in the Tooth and Nail cassette and putting on headphones and hearing the sinister opening track....then hearing the solo for Tooth and Nail.....I was like WTF?! :whoa:

I wanted the M1 Tiger, but all they had at that time was the sunburst tiger. I think the Kami was around 1600 or so....

here is a pic...I need some better shots

DSC00631.jpg

Ultron":b852e said:

I remember popping in the Tooth and Nail cassette and putting on headphones and hearing the sinister opening track....then hearing the solo for Tooth and Nail.....I was like WTF?! :whoa:

I wanted the M1 Tiger, but all they had at that time was the sunburst tiger. I think the Kami was around 1600 or so....

DSC00631.jpg

Noice Camo!!!!!

I stay away from artist guitars but that is the one guilty pleasure guitar that I want!!!

Ultron":c7b8b said:

DSC00631.jpg

SWEET! Thanks for the pic!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the early dokken stuff was great for it's time but Lynch Mob is just painful to listen too...that singer was just terrible....the end of hair metal became the era of "unsoulful poofster blues" so bad...

I saw Lynch on that tour when he was using the PRS's...ESP must have been pissed!

Back