tales from the big house.....

• Thread starter Thread starter JackBootedThug
  • Start date Start date
^ ikes

Steve, I saw a post on FB from a County not connected to mine and most comments were "hey, its jail" :dunno:
Pretty normal? Asking for a friend.

ALLEGATIONS OF ABUSE AND NEGLECT AT <REMOVED> COUNTY JAIL
Inmates at the <Removed> County Sheriff's Department are speaking out about alleged mistreatment, including inadequate food, lack of proper medical care, and verbal abuse involving racial slurs. One inmate, claims that other inmates have not received their prescribed medication for chronic conditions and have been subjected to derogatory language by jail staff.

Others report being served spoiled or insufficient food, leading to health issues among inmates. The facility has been accused of neglecting basic inmate rights, raising serious concerns about conditions inside the jail.

Families and advocates are calling for an investigation into these allegations to ensure inmates receive proper care and humane treatment. The <Removed> County Sheriff's Department has yet to respond to these claims, but community pressure for accountability continues to grow.

More updates will be provided as this story develops.

I bitch about the government but the fbop is the best prison system on the planet. Many, many, many operational contingencies in place to prevent the issues that you read about happening. Now remember..shit happens and sometimes things fall through the cracks. As far as food…it’s good quality and plentiful. You might only get a 3-4 oz serving of protein but there’s going to be plenty of say..rice and beans…or tossed salad (no pun intended)… medication is handled very well also. If they have it coming they get it. If not… keep it moving-make your head small and shut that hole under your nose.

Quick story… me and a coworker were leaving. Finished our shift at 20:00 hours. Lt. Stopped us and said come with me, I’ll brief you on what is happening. The three of us head to the rec yard. About 1000 inmates are grouped up getting ready to kill each other and here we go…the three of us in the middle of all of them. If it kicked off imagine a wall of death with shanks and rocks and such. Then pop Dixon walks up to us. We called him captain compound. Old black guy from North Carolina. Bank robber. Good dude. He ran the officers dining room in the evenings and was the staff shoe shine man. Yes he shined our boots for us. It was his hustle… nothing racist. He was basically a trustee whereas the feds don’t have trustees. Anyway he asked the Lt. if he could try to talk them down. Lt. Said hell yeah you can. Anyway pops walked about 5 yards away and started yelling at them. He said you guys need to stop all this foolishness and go back to the house. These men wanted to let you know that they are coming in and are breaking out a lot of bad stuff and people are going to get hurt and maybe die if y’all don’t stop this dumb stuff. All the inmates turned around and and started walking off the yard. We called recall…got them in the units and locked down. That old man saved us and who knows how many other people that night. He’s probably dead now and he has never received any recognition for what he did. Willie Dixon…good man.

I bitch about the government but the fbop is the best prison system on the planet. Many, many, many operational contingencies in place to prevent the issues that you read about happening. Now remember..shit happens and sometimes things fall through the cracks. As far as food…it’s good quality and plentiful. You might only get a 3-4 oz serving of protein but there’s going to be plenty of say..rice and beans…or tossed salad (no pun intended)… medication is handled very well also. If they have it coming they get it. If not… keep it moving-make your head small and shut that hole under your nose.
That's kind of what I figured. This county jail I'm referring to is in a very remote and non-tolerant sort of place if that makes sense. The type of area where people tend to take the law in their own hands. 19 out of the 21 comments I read were "Tough shit. You're in jail. What did you expect".

Prisons are usually totally different than county and regional jails….long term versus short term..pre trial versus sentenced. Population also. Prisons usually have a higher degree of inmate movement in the facility as well as rec facilities and programs. Also religious and educational programs as well. Jail…especially county jails.. you are pretty much locked down constantly and shit services….food, medical…rec…

Then pop Dixon walks up to us. We called him captain compound. Old black guy from North Carolina. Bank robber. Good dude. He ran the officers dining room in the evenings and was the staff shoe shine man. Yes he shined our boots for us. It was his hustle… nothing racist.
Willie Dixon was a famous bluesman. I guess this ain't the same guy...

I don't get the quickness of (certain white) people to flip out when a black dude shines a white guys shoes. A job is a job, the race stuff has nothing to do with. I had a buddy downtown, homeless guy with bad feet but his hustle was shining shoes. Good dude, and always upbeat with nice things to say and did nice work. It was funny to hear him nicely tell people to back off if they brought that up. I miss that guy and a couple other street people that I ain't seen since covid. Anyways, someone lifted him up, got him clothes, his paperwork, a place to stay, job, money. It was great to see that happen. Dude was in tears, couldn't believe it. He didn't belong on the street he just needed that hand up and finally got it from someone with the resources to make it happen. Was a good day!

I cant understand that.
With all the guards and security cameras how does one or more rape one

Doesn't anyone with authority see it or hear some poor bastard screaming for his life

I cant understand that.
With all the guards and security cameras how does one or more rape one

Doesn't anyone with authority see it or hear some poor bastard screaming for his life
There’s no security cameras in cells and there’s blind spots everywhere. Major staff shortages have been happening for years. You have one officer watching two housing units on morning watch. That’s one person monitoring up to or more than 300 inmates. The inmates run the prison…they allow us to do our jobs. We can be proactive but by nature it’s a reactive business. The inmates just need to decide if they can live with the consequences. For example…learning to fly down flights of steps while handcuffed….because you want to curse and assault a staff member…and then spit in their face. As far as rapes I have only been involved in one or two legit rapes. A few attempts though. Most deviant stuff is consensual believe it or not. I’m sure they happen and go unreported though. It’s a predatory environment full of some bad folks. Shit happens. You don’t have to be a badass to survive it, you just need to be serious.

Dre was the she male pimp. He ran the sisters. But Dre is also a freaky dude who is just as happy getting in a dudes groceries the same as a female…. He don’t give no fucks. So not only was he a the pimp, he was a user. Buffy the Muslim slayer was his celly and number one ho…. And Dre had no shame either…. But hey- you can’t have any shame or a conscience in the pimp game. So what started out as me and my best friend fucking with Dre turned into us getting sick and freaked the fuck out. The only gory details of this conversation that I can remember is Buffy sticking a baby Ruth candy bar up her ass and then Dre eating it….out of her booty…nomnomnomnom… and this fuckin dude is standing there telling us this shit serious as a heart attack. Dre was legit. That’s when we started calling him the booty bandit.

Dre was the she male pimp. He ran the sisters. But Dre is also a freaky dude who is just as happy getting in a dudes groceries the same as a female…. He don’t give no fucks. So not only was he a the pimp, he was a user. Buffy the Muslim slayer was his celly and number one ho…. And Dre had no shame either…. But hey- you can’t have any shame or a conscience in the pimp game. So what started out as me and my best friend fucking with Dre turned into us getting sick and freaked the fuck out. The only gory details of this conversation that I can remember is Buffy sticking a baby Ruth candy bar up her ass and then Dre eating it….out of her booty…nomnomnomnom… and this fuckin dude is standing there telling us this shit serious as a heart attack. Dre was legit. That’s when we started calling him the booty bandit.
I wonder what kind of life circumstances lead to this. I would imagine enduring a ton of abuse by similar types of individuals during your formative years.

I wonder what kind of life circumstances lead to this. I would imagine enduring a ton of abuse by similar types of individuals during your formative years.
Pretty common with the dc dudes…they coined the phrase “homie love “…. And some people are just fucked up.

There’s no security cameras in cells and there’s blind spots everywhere. Major staff shortages have been happening for years. You have one officer watching two housing units on morning watch. That’s one person monitoring up to or more than 300 inmates. The inmates run the prison…they allow us to do our jobs. We can be proactive but by nature it’s a reactive business. The inmates just need to decide if they can live with the consequences. For example…learning to fly down flights of steps while handcuffed….because you want to curse and assault a staff member…and then spit in their face. As far as rapes I have only been involved in one or two legit rapes. A few attempts though. Most deviant stuff is consensual believe it or not. I’m sure they happen and go unreported though. It’s a predatory environment full of some bad folks. Shit happens. You don’t have to be a badass to survive it, you just need to be serious.
id imagine its consenaul out of fear for protection, intimidation, extortion and threats to the outside family.
i guess the we can do this the hard way or easy way scenario is in play. either way hes getting in, like it or not

I cant believe a guard wont hear someone screaming, getting beat into submission or see anything.

what do they do walk around with butter or oils in case the urge suddenly arises after lunch?

id imagine its consenaul out of fear for protection, intimidation, extortion and threats to the outside family.
i guess the we can do this the hard way or easy way scenario is in play. either way hes getting in, like it or not

I cant believe a guard wont hear someone screaming, getting beat into submission or see anything.

what do they do walk around with butter or oils in case the urge suddenly arises after lunch?
They do have panic buttons in the cells which do set off alarms. It’s hard to explain. While a movement is happening that officer is on the door running traffic both ways as well as pat downs and the metal detector. Also housing units are loud. Really loud.

They do have panic buttons in the cells which do set off alarms. It’s hard to explain. While a movement is happening that officer is on the door running traffic both ways as well as pat downs and the metal detector. Also housing units are loud. Really loud.
And smell like smoke, ass & feet. Just like an aircraft carrier.

Question on #2
No Free weights, but baseball bats :D
Congress passed legislation in the 90’s I believe. Any institution built after a certain date….no weights. And older joints cannot replace any broken or damaged ones. Yup…softball bats seem crazy but for the most part it’s a non issue. More problems with bocce balls actually….

Congress passed legislation in the 90’s I believe. Any institution built after a certain date….no weights. And older joints cannot replace any broken or damaged ones. Yup…softball bats seem crazy but for the most part it’s a non issue. More problems with bocce balls actually….
il_570xN.4036332458_7s0t.jpg

Back