The Motocross Nationals start this weekend!!

• Thread starter Thread starter JTyson
  • Start date Start date
I wonder if Eli is coming back , I have a feeling he's going to call it a career .

He is just so much faster than anybody else in Birmingham.

Which leads me to Friese. Dude is NOT slow. Why does he ride like such an asshole? Id have loved to see Brayton put him in the tough blocks. If he could have caught him.

I hope Allessi is okay.
Friese has always been an asshole. Everyone on the track can't stand him. He is constantly letting his riding write checks that he is not man enough to cash. He does it as a default, without really thinking it through... When he does think it through it seems to be worse :LOL:
He's lucky Weston Pieck didn't crush him years ago, Pieck is a manly man... And a super nice guy too. Sad what happened to him in that crash, that would have killed a lesser man

I’m becoming a fan of the privateer, Masterpool. He ain’t taking no shit from the factory guys.
Agreed
Been great to see him lock horns with those guys. I think if he can show he can ride SX he could get a much better support situation, maybe even a factory ride depending on how this plays out into the final WSX rounds, but he's always been considered an outdoor guy. I believe he recently had an SX track (maybe 2) built to work on that skillset for the future. Mindset is everything at that level, if he continues to ride like he has lately I think something is bound to present itself.
But you never know :doh:

Whoa!! Wonder what pissed off Roger.
So, back to Star? I don't see him going to Honda or Kawi. Retirement, maybe?

I guess that opens the door for .....??
Thats what Im hearing, back to Star, but why would they do that? Maybe a backup 450 SX guy?
My understanding is Eli just signed a 2 year contract with Star, so he will def be back next January for SX.
Coop just dosent seem to have the drive mentally to make it through an outdoor season, but he's sneaky indoors...

I bet he’d like to, but even Hannah jumped around.
Agreed
If he keeps winning everything in sight, HRC Honda will give him whatever he wants. HRC is the biggest pressure cooker in the business though, Ive been hearing that for 40 years.. Theres not really a lot of pressure on him right now, everything is giggles and grins. That could quickly change in 1 race and we will all be wondering what happened to him if stupid shit gets in his head once the field is stacked again..
I do think that before this is all over, he will be one of the best of all time riders. The kid (at 19) has more natural talent in his pinky toe than almost everyone on the planet. He is stunning to watch. He rides like a seasoned veteran his first year in the big leagues, and his mindset is well beyond any super fast 19 year old Ive ever seen. I watched Charmichael and Stewart both come through the ranks, they both used to come out to West Fla MX park and race where we did all those years when they were still on 80's, and we all knew they were gonna be top Pro's in a few years, but they took years longer at 19 to get to where Jett is mentally right now. Thats a HUGE fucking big deal! You cant really teach that to someone, they either have it, or they develop it over years, or they never get there. He's there right now

I wonder if Eli is coming back , I have a feeling he's going to call it a career .
He just signed a 2 year contract with Star Yamaha. I think he plans on coming back for SX next year. I would not have guessed that at all, a torn AT is a big pile of shit to have to swallow and work through. Theres just not a lot of blood flow down there for things to heal quickly.
Eli is as gnarly as they come though, if anyone could pull it off it would be him. I sure hope he does!

Reactions: ccn
He just signed a 2 year contract with Star Yamaha. I think he plans on coming back for SX next year. I would not have guessed that at all, a torn AT is a big pile of shit to have to swallow and work through. Theres just not a lot of blood flow down there for things to heal quickly.
Eli is as gnarly as they come though, if anyone could pull it off it would be him. I sure hope he does!
Is it a sure thing , I tried confirming if that's the case but was unable . Think it's just rumors.

Oh, cool!
Man the 250's are stacked this year..
Good thing for us, all the real racing has been in the tiddlers this year...

Last edited:
Oh, and one of my favorite tracks of all time for this weekend, Millville!
What a killer track, with killer soil to boot :love:

Interesting...
Wonder if Sexton will ride MX of Nations? Its in France this year, I won't be able to go (DAMMIT)
If he changes ships before MXoN it would be riding a track he's never rode on a bike he has little if any time on, Not sure I like those odds..
Maybe Honda will let him ride his HRC bike there (??) We desperately need him this year. Cooper is getting married that day so maybe Deegan would be our 250 guy. I think he would love to get his teeth in that one. The kid is doing everything right, been very impressed as of late.
Not sure about an open selection, Plessinger comes to mind. Anderson will be better by then and might need some redemption for a painfully mediocre Outdoor season... But he's riding hurt no matter what he says.
Honestly Masterpool could be a dark horse in the open class if we could just get him some factory suspension and have it dialed in enough time that he knows he can trust it and how to trust it. Mentally he's there and Id bet he would love and be honored to be chosen for that race.
Last year when Sexton, Cooper and Eli came out for the introductions at MXoN at Red Budd, you could see on their faces this was a huge deal to them, especially Sexton, who looked very humbled by the insanity that ensued when they came out.. I honestly thought Cooper was the wrong choice for the 250 spot, but I was really stunned by how hard he rode, even when the rain came (AGAIN) and every American's heart sank after what happened in the prior MXoN, but our guys put their heads down charged like bulls and pulled it off!
About 40 members of the French contingent stayed at the same place we did, and when we woke up it was raining pretty bad, so we were all getting coffee before leaving and they came up and were all smiles.. "Mmmm, looks like it will be a mud race today. We think that will work in our favor. What do you guys think?"
Eli and crew had smoked them the day before with lap times that had them scratching their heads
"We think they will either win or be dead lying in the mud when this is over.... All 3 of them"
They chuckled under their breath...
We wished them luck and we all shook hands. We shouted out "VIVA LA FRANCE" as they were loading out. Ferrandes smiled and nodded.
He rode harder than Ive ever seen him ride in the mud that day.
And the rest was history

McElrath: Heard on the broadcast how he was riding a box stock Yamaha. Then heard Weege saying later (Weege show) the only changes were grips and clutch. Stock engine/exhaust, stock chassis.

McElrath: Heard on the broadcast how he was riding a box stock Yamaha. Then heard Weege saying later (Weege show) the only changes were grips and clutch. Stock engine/exhaust, stock chassis.
Thought he was riding Suzuki .

Back