The Motocross Nationals start this weekend!!

• Thread starter Thread starter JTyson
  • Start date Start date
He was on a YZ450F and did pretty damn well for a basically stock bike.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccn
Agreed
Well, the race was better than last weekend. I think Sexton will do better at the next 2 tracks than he has in the last 2. The 250's are awesome this year, that was a great race. I really hope Joe can beat hunter in the next few races. Im not sure he can but I think he could in the right scenario...
Sure would help him to get a win

I wonder if McElrath will show up with anything more than new radiators....
:unsure:
:LOL:
Have no idea
Track looks good. I'd hate those dam shadows on the track in tricky high speed sections in the afternoon..
Dosent seem to bother those guys at all. Pretty amazing

The Yamaha anniversary look is .....interesting.

361942271_1294154501215615_7685962276143615299_n.jpg

One of these thing is not like the others. One of these things is just not the same....

Crop.jpeg

Quite a few going for the 2-stroke cash. Any idea of the payout?

That 2023 YZ450F in stock form is more capable than most of the bikes on the line . It's an absolute beast and you rarely ever have to take it out of 2nd gear on most tracks .

Ugh..
Those anniversary Yamaha's are hideous... Just like they were in '93...
They are fast though. You gotta have a great support team to run purple rims, they only look new for 4 rides, 2 in sand.. :LOL:
Honda got the anniversary theme right, those bikes were beautiful.
Good race, Deegan is finding his feet, could get very interesting in the 250's. Unadilla is a super fast track, hope he dosent figure out the hard way where his limits are, he has not had a high speed convergence with Mother Earth yet, just a few tip overs...
Track was tougher than usual, some of the lines that form up by the 2nd Moto's were slower than the main line compared to the past. No idea why this year would be different. Maybe the amount of water put down between Moto's?
I think Sexton will be better next week, but at this point Jett is the man!

Last edited:
Oh, and whatever your thoughts are on Stewart commentating, his "You gotta tuck the front end" comments from Millville last week cracked me up big time. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That 2023 YZ450F in stock form is more capable than most of the bikes on the line . It's an absolute beast and you rarely ever have to take it out of 2nd gear on most tracks .
You mean SX tracks, right?

Definitely SX tracks . Still a beast on MX tracks also but Shane's result in the last race is a head scratcher .

I thought Deegan threw down a significant mental haymaker in the second moto's final laps. I doubt Cooper will recover, and wonder about HL.
If he could do that on wet sandy french soil he should be the top contender for MXdN. He seems he wants to represent, too.

I thought Deegan threw down a significant mental haymaker in the second moto's final laps. I doubt Cooper will recover, and wonder about HL.
If he could do that on wet sandy french soil he should be the top contender for MXdN. He seems he wants to represent, too.
I totally agree. I think even Hunter has to be thinking about him at this point. Deegan was throwing BOMBS!
We should go and turn our 17(?) year old ass kicker loose on them at MXoN. :LOL:
So Chase and Hellion, who's your pick for open? I would say plessinger but I don't remember him riding well in the sandy on top and hard on the bottom Millville. He's def the most Patriotic guy out there! That does matter at that race...

Ugh..
Those anniversary Yamaha's are hideous... Just like they were in '93...
They are fast though. You gotta have a great support team to run purple rims, they only look new for 4 rides, 2 in sand.. :LOL:

See your friendly local Yamaha dealer for the 2024 models.... :2thumbsup:

24-YZ450F-PWS1-S1-RGB.JPG.webp

24-YZ450F-PWS1-S4-RGB.JPG.webp

So Chase and Hellion, who's your pick for open? I would say plessinger but I don't remember him riding well in the sandy on top and hard on the bottom Millville. He's def the most Patriotic guy out there! That does matter at that race...

Chase is the only obvious choice for 450/Open. For the second guy it gets real difficult to figure.

AP has the heart, and I'd think the desire, but not the speed. I'd think his background would suit him well in a sloppy Euro track, but it's a gut instinct and maybe not accurate? His attitude will only get him so far, but maybe Roger sees something in him?
It's been nice to see El Hombre pick up speed, but I have doubts he'd want to do it. He's starting to sounds like a guy ready to bail.
AC9: Speed, but no confidence or stamina.

So, who's left with the speed and desire?

Back