The Motocross Nationals start this weekend!!

• Thread starter Thread starter JTyson
  • Start date Start date
Yeah, poor form. My take: I don't think Jett meant it in bad taste. I'm sure there have a been a conversation or two since.

KR didn't sound too happy .....

Yeah, that's kinda weird, right after the race when KR pulled up next to Jett he was so happy he just about pissed himself. Next day he's really pissed off.. I would have seen that as a diss instantly.. They don't call 'em the motocross wars for nothing.
I think the perception of that by everyone else likely affected his outlook after the fact. I don't think Jett meant to piss anyone off, he's a kid and sometimes they just do stupid shit... It happens
I bet it never ever happens again.. :LOL: :LOL:

Jett received a letter of “warning” from the AMA. Basically, don’t do it again.
Thats funny, when we tell them for whatever reason not to "do that again" they don't listen unless they know they will have to defend themselves in front of the press...

They do listen more than they used to, I'll give em that

275700_img8075.jpg

Gonna be a good finale, lots of money on the line all the way through the top 10.
4th through 10th should be a straight up dogfight instead of just the top 3.
Looking forward to it!

Yeah, it didn't look that bad but back and neck stuff is tricky. Sexton took a serious geological head sample, I hope he's ok too. He hit that sand so hard I bet some of it turned into glass. :scared:
That outside line through the sand section had them landing inches from that tuff block, I thought that was gonna bite someone the whole night.
Jo tried hard but his starts just were not there. He was swinging for the fences in the end though..
Good night of racing, I guess the cream always rises to the top, as they say...
We can only hope that Eli will stop next year from being a snooze fest. I hate that!

They’re ripping the Triumph a new one on Facebook.

“It’s a KTM with a Triumph sticker on it!”

AMA released the 2024 plate numbers. Sexton is #4? Is 23 a HRC number?

“Chase Sexton and the number 4: Sexton has created the most buzz about a number change, as he already holds a career number and is looking at updating it. This at first may come as a surprise as most expected him to stick with the number 23 and build upon that branding. Why would he get single digit now? Well, this is the first opportunity he has had to lock in a single digit. Up to this point, Sexton has won two 250 regional Supercross titles, which allows for a two digit career number. His 2023 450Supercross title is the first National level title he's won, which allows for a single digit to be selected. So why the number 4? It was the first number Chase raced with and apparently, this has been in the back of his mind for a while. It's not 100% confirmed he's taking the 4 but it seems very, very likely!”

“Chase Sexton and the number 4: Sexton has created the most buzz about a number change, as he already holds a career number and is looking at updating it. This at first may come as a surprise as most expected him to stick with the number 23 and build upon that branding. Why would he get single digit now? Well, this is the first opportunity he has had to lock in a single digit. Up to this point, Sexton has won two 250 regional Supercross titles, which allows for a two digit career number. His 2023 450Supercross title is the first National level title he's won, which allows for a single digit to be selected. So why the number 4? It was the first number Chase raced with and apparently, this has been in the back of his mind for a while. It's not 100% confirmed he's taking the 4 but it seems very, very likely!”

Looks like it's official, now, too.

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/2024-ama-supercross-motocross-professional-numbers

I saw Jeff Alessi passed away in his mid-late 30’s. The Alessi family has been in MX/SX in one way or another for quite a while.

Jeff might be best remembered for the Washougal laser pointer incident…

R.I.P.

I saw Jeff Alessi passed away in his mid-late 30’s. The Alessi family has been in MX/SX in one way or another for quite a while.

Jeff might be best remembered for the Washougal laser pointer incident…

R.I.P.
Yep.. No doubt about it. :D
What happened to him? I hadn't heard that.
I don't try to hide the fact that I don't like the Allessi's, but that's still sad whatever happened to Jeff. I think their biggest hurdle growing up was their dad Tony. He seems better now but he used to cause all kinds of shit at the races when they were coming through the ranks. It was no surprise to anyone they pulled that stupid laser pointer BS. Tony used to accuse whoever beat his kid of having illegal equipment in the 80's and Super Mini events when they were young. They just made the kind of reputation for themselves that nobody likes or wants to be around in racing.
If you happen to be the fastest guy there, people might cut you a little more slack,(right or wrong) but in their case, it just made them all look like assholes. Mike was great off the gate though, I gotta give him that. The incident where he stood on Tedesco's front wheel when he was trying to pick his bike up after Allessi kamakazied him going into a berm and they both went down. Matt Walker (who was a bonifide badass) had to come over and shove him off Tedesco's front wheel. Mike seemed to be having a nervous breakdown of some kind, throwing his hands in the air. He knew he was about to loose the title to Tedesco and was NOT gonna let him remount and win...
We nicknamed him "tiny dancer" after that. Hilarious stuff

And then there was the whole "Believe the hype" incident when Mike went into the 450 Pro class.
You better not put those t-shirts out and expect any quarter from all the seasoned elite Pro's that you just insulted.. Those guys can make life really suck for you if they want to but most of the time they ignored them.
It was fun to watch it all in that time though. Good or bad, everyone knew his name and who he was, and had he handled things differently, a lot of those people would have pulled for him to back up the talk, and do well.
But most of them were glad when he rarely ever did.. Maybe once or twice..
It is what it is, Mike is still doing stupid shit, he really has not learned much from it all. You'd think he would have after eating all that pie,
but maybe he just likes pie... :LOL:

Last edited:
I think the "believe the hype" was when they first turned pro, into the Lites class from amateur. RV showed them what being fast and being a champion was really about. It was a cheap, low punk move by Jeff with the laser shit, but I wouldn't wish harm on him for it. He paid for it.
No idea of the cause of his demise.

Back