Thoughts, prayers and battlefield tourniquets

• Thread starter Thread starter Bagel and Creamcheese
  • Start date Start date
Most guys that depend on a gun ....because they're pussies that are afraid of a bloody nose , in fair fight .
Spoken like a guy who's never been shot at.

Really. Couldn't come up with anything new ? Been hearing that one since I was a little kid. It really isn't true. Except in pretty rare cases where you have idiots that would pull a gun on an unarmed person ( barring obvious exceptions like women, or giant guy with crowbar, etc..). In reality most people that rely on a gun aren't even civilians. And of the ones that are A) rely is not the correct word and B) 98% of the ones that aren't criminals wouldn't pull them on unarmed people in inappropriate situations.

I was raised in South Central LA as a kid , Florence, to be exact, bad thing about it, once they can beat you you up, they rat pack and once you kick their asses .... they come at you with a bat or knife and when you beat them at that .... they pull out guns on you .

They used to have metal detectors at my Elementry school.
Even the Bloods, Crips and Police would tip toe thru Florence .

So I was well versed in " Gun Culture" , before I entered the Marine Corps.

I was raised in South Central LA as a kid , Florence, to be exact, bad thing about it, once they can beat you you up, they rat pack and once you kick their asses .... they come at you with a bat or knife and when you beat them at that .... they pull out guns on you .

So you've been shot at ?

I was raised in St Louis and spent the last decade working in N. St. Louis. I have been shot at 3 times in the last 7 years alone. Just while doing my job.

You haven't lived until you hand dig over some fiber in the middle of a street wearing a level IIIA vest.

And to answer your next question, although I carry and have for years I have only pulled a gun once and that was when I was young-ish and a guy was trying to run me down in a truck.

Most guys that depend on a gun ....because they're pussies that are afraid of a bloody nose , in fair fight .
There’s really nothing cool or hip about getting into fistfights

Hand-to-hand fights (and fights that *start* as hand-to-hand) are dangerous, unpredictable, and can result in serious financial and legal problems for both the “winner” and the “loser”

And that goes double if one is old, sick, disabled, etc

Better to *prevent fights in the first place* by taking advantage of all available means of avoidance and deterrence

There’s really nothing cool or hip about getting into fistfights

Hand-to-hand fights (and fights that *start* as hand-to-hand) are dangerous, unpredictable, and can result in serious financial and legal problems for both the “winner” and the “loser”

And that goes double if one is old, sick, disabled, etc

Better to *prevent fights in the first place* by taking advantage of all available means of avoidance and deterrence
It's better if there's only one story.

:rolleyes:

I thought you were raised on a reservation :dunno:

Which one(s)?
I hold a 4th degree BB in Taekwondo, but belong to a universal group that trains and shares different styles. While my main art is TKD (Korean with lots of Japanese influence due to occupation), I tend to use more Chinese soft styles since they are more fluid. Of course there is not one perfect style, which is why mixed martial arts is so popular.

Last edited:
ist really sad. 200 mass shootings thus far this year alone

when will they ever learn to just ban the amo

so everyone can "bear Arms' as they please and nothing bad can happen

ist really sad. 200 mass shootings thus far this year alone

when will they ever learn to just ban the amo

so everyone can "bear Arms' as they please and nothing bad can happen
Is the above “ban the ammo” quip, a joke?

Back