Thoughts, prayers and battlefield tourniquets

• Thread starter Thread starter Bagel and Creamcheese
  • Start date Start date
I think he said "amo"..

:unsure:
Maybe he meant ban the "Emu" :dunno:
3tqyke.jpg

I imagine you'll be fine if you first register your hands as "lethal weapons"?
Im sure its true :dunno:
True story:

Some young sales dudes from one of the offices in my old building got insulted by some homeless person on the sidewalk

They went to their cars to tool up, and brought back (not joking here)

- qty 1 shorty double-barreled shotgun with a fiber optic sight;

- qty 1 semi-auto MAC-11 clone

- qty 1 fully-Fudded-out 10/22

they went over to menace this homeless guy

now, none of these young fellows looked like they’d ever fired a weapon in their life, nor did they appear familiar with the weapons they were holding, but I figured I oughta go down there and try to help them avoid doing something stupid

when i got there, they all started jabbering to me about how this homeless guy had dissed them and they weren’t gonna stand for it

then the apparent “leader,” who was gingerly cradling the M11 clone on a one-point sling, looked at me with utter seriousness, displayed his fists, and said

“I don’t need this UZI [sic] you know, i’m trained in jiu jitsu, and my hands are REGISTERED AS DEADLY WEAPONS!”

——————-

Happily, nothing bad happened and everybody went on their merry way before the cops got there

True story:

Some young sales dudes from one of the offices in my old building got insulted by some homeless person on the sidewalk

They went to their cars to tool up, and brought back (not joking here)

- qty 1 shorty double-barreled shotgun with a fiber optic sight;

- qty 1 semi-auto MAC-11 clone

- qty 1 fully-Fudded-out 10/22

they went over to menace this homeless guy

now, none of these young fellows looked like they’d ever fired a weapon in their life, nor did they appear familiar with the weapons they were holding, but I figured I oughta go down there and try to help them avoid doing something stupid

when i got there, they all started jabbering to me about how this homeless guy had dissed them and they weren’t gonna stand for it

then the apparent “leader,” who was gingerly cradling the M11 clone on a one-point sling, looked at me with utter seriousness, displayed his fists, and said

“I don’t need this UZI [sic] you know, i’m trained in jiu jitsu, and my hands are REGISTERED AS DEADLY WEAPONS!”

——————-

Happily, nothing bad happened and everybody went on their merry way before the cops got there
The “registered hands as weapons” is bullshit.

What the law looks at is the training. Most martial artists train to not have to think, but react. This is where lawyers and prosecutors have a field day. It’s real hard to prove that a martial artist stopped, thought about and addressed the situation and then broke someone’s arm or nose. However, it more easy to say that the actual training enabled to martial artist to know how to break a nose or arm without much thought. Also it’s difficult to have to fight down to an opponent. Adrenaline, fear and bravado can easily take over and allow a martial artist to overpower and seriously hurt someone.

The reasons above are why I avoid a fight at all costs. You can call me any name you want, just don’t touch me. I’ve been lucky as to have only been in very limited situations where I felt it might escalate into combat.

Back