What Amp Did Warren DeMartini Use on Out Of The Cellar ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben Waylin
  • Start date Start date
Yes , supposedly Warren recorded all the solos with the Champ
I used to have a Champ back in the late 80's

Loved that amp !

My brother got hooked on coke and stole it from me and sold it at a pawn shop.

paZSyt6.jpg

"I've got 10 marshalls on tour, I use two and keep the rest in case one blows up".

What in the hell were these guys doing to their amps back then, lmao.

How could I set my 78 jmp 2203 to get close to lay it down tone. Settings ? Boost ? Just wondering how you all set it up

Reactions: ccn
Warren has a particularly great sounding vintage Superlead that he's used for most of the albums; the same amp that George Lynch tried to 'borrow' a few times from his house(he tried to drop in out the bathroom window and then was going to grab it and leave lol). I believe that's the amp used on the first records. As mentioned, a Rivera modded Champ was used for leads. That's what I remember anyway.

I love Warren and his tone and style. A lot of folks say he stood in George Lynch's shadow most of his career. While I am a huge Lynch fanboy, I stand by my belief, that Warren equally carved out his notch in the guitar world, and his style stood toe-to-toe with Lynch. I think his tone on Detonator is my favorite.

And this is all I got so I’ll stop littering this place lol but here Warren talks about what he used on detonator. I don’t have a guitar magazine with him being interviewed for reach for the sky , those are actually my favorite tones that Warren got . I don’t mention Robin because I believe he was checked out after dancing undercover unfortunately
9C3221A4-36FC-4C65-95CD-3657CD7CA6EF.jpeg

26F8ECFB-AD84-4E4F-AD9F-0E7B103515D7.jpeg

I love Warren and his tone and style. A lot of folks say he stood in George Lynch's shadow most of his career. While I am a huge Lynch fanboy, I stand by my belief, that Warren equally carved out his notch in the guitar world, and his style stood toe-to-toe with Lynch. I think his tone on Detonator is my favorite.
+1 on that, love GL but have to give the nod to WDM.

Please do, I was about to go into my closet and start digging through all my old guitar magazines for this stuff
I believe the 1989 issue with guitar world with Andy Summers on the cover has an interview with Warren . That’s the one issue I don’t have

I believe the 1989 issue with guitar world with Andy Summers on the cover has an interview with Warren . That’s the one issue I don’t have

I took a 25 year guitar magazine collection that starts in the late 80s from someone that was moving, they are all sitting in boxes in the back of a closet I really need to get out and organize, they really are a treasure of info

Back