What Amp Did Warren DeMartini Use on Out Of The Cellar ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben Waylin
  • Start date Start date
220, 221... whatever it takes
1689444485751.png

I once bought a 76 JMP 2204 that had "Warren Demartini" written inside.
Was it one of his? No clue.
It was one of the early, lower gain ones. Didn't keep it long.

I once bought a 76 JMP 2204 that had "Warren Demartini" written inside.
Was it one of his? No clue.
It was one of the early, lower gain ones. Didn't keep it long.
I'd be curious to know..

Did you ever try running a boost in front of it ?

:unsure:

Reactions: ccn
I took a 25 year guitar magazine collection that starts in the late 80s from someone that was moving, they are all sitting in boxes in the back of a closet I really need to get out and organize, they really are a treasure of info
I just organized mine . I have every issue . 1980 to now . That was a job to do .

Yes , supposedly Warren recorded all the solos with the Champ
I also heard it was a dimed Fender Champ into a load reamped by a Plexi or Superlead in the studio.

I remember reading that Warren owned a couple of great sounding Marshall plexi's that Lynch and Jake E Lee used to borrow for auditions and shows.

I've never gotten anywhere near that tone with my JCM800, boosted, EQ'ed, or my BE-50.. 🤷‍♂️

I try an SLO circuit and it sounds close to my ears. Has the right "feel" as well.

Come to think of it, I’ve never gotten close with v30’s, 25 watt greenbacks, scumback m75’s and Celestion t75’s and none of them sound remotely close. I did play a buddies 70’s cab with 30 watt black backs that sounded brighter than any of the cabs I had. Very well could be the g12h speakers making the tone. That cab made my Suhr se100(a darker amp) sound pretty bright and aggressive, I could only imagine how a Marshall would sound through it.

Rare pic of Warren tapping or right handed hammer-ons , whatever the heck it’s called . Tapping has always been the popular word

4C1DB5EC-D91B-4727-9BA8-CA47B163F042.jpeg

I saw Ratt when Carlos was playing with them live. Carlos was using Blackstars and Warren had SLO's in his rack. When Warren's tech was checking the rig before the show not going through the PA, it was loud and sounded glorious!

I've never gotten anywhere near that tone with my JCM800, boosted, EQ'ed, or my BE-50.. 🤷‍♂️

I try an SLO circuit and it sounds close to my ears. Has the right "feel" as well.

Personally --I don't care what he used but your clip sounds great to me !!!

Yeah, so hammered nailed what Warren used on the Out of the Cellar leads by posting the above video on the first page of this thread. In the video, Warren says a Fender Champ and then immediately corrects himself and says Super Champ. If you buy a Fender Champ or Vibro Champ you are going to be very disappointed. If you have played an early to mid 80's Fender Super Champ you will know. Need more proof? How about this video of George Lynch in the Dokken days warming up backstage through a Fender Super Champ. It starts around the :11 second mark and you can see the Super Champ on the ground behind George. That's what those amps sound like straight in. They were killer. There are 7 of them on Reverb right now starting at about $1400

It said in the diagram listed above that warrens Boss SD1 SuperOverdrive was modded I wonder who modded his Boss sd1

Back