What amps are currently in your stable?

• Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
You guys with Pittbulls. Talk about them. They're supposed to be big, open sounding amps that are unforgiving.

That's my jam these days.

Clips!
I once played a Pittbull 45 combo that sounded fabulous. I'm mainly a cathode bias amp player, and man did that amp deliver! If I were playing Wembley Stadium, I might consider one of the big watt models. I think the Pitbull 45 was a cathode bias amp? If not, it sure reacted like one.

Engl Fireball 100
EVH 5153 50w (original)
Peavey Vypyr 30w head
Helix LT
KSR Ceres
SD powersrage 170

99 Diezel VH4
Diezel Herbert Mk1
Diezel Schmidt
Bogner Helios 50
Matchless DC30
Marshall JMP-1 + Mesa Strategy 500
Quad Cortex with captures of the above

Putting my membership card down on the table, .. the quad cortex gets the most play time lately.

Diezels have something truly special to my ear.
My favourite out of them all , the VH4.

I have to add to my list... I bought a Synergy Pittbull module last night. I also asked Jeremy to put me on the list for a Hellion. I'm at the back of the line though, so it'll be a bit before I have this one.

Every time I think I have too many amps, (which I have 3), I see the members here and 90% have more and thus completely understand having / owning multiple amps for a plentiful collection. Life is too short for shit tone.

“just” a Bogner 101b for me. Have a Line 6 pod go as a back up. I get everything I need out of the Bogner so now need to multiple amps.

Not a lot. Between drag racing, a 14 year old, and owning a camp, it keeps my gear purchases low. Currently I own a Bogner XTC 25, 2 Bogner Cubes, a Mesa Mark V 25 head, and a little battery powered Boss Katina.

eZ4VMUk.jpg

8tJmd48.jpg

pkQKxc6.jpg

That's all I have left now.

Mesa -
Mark IV
Tremoverb
Heartbreaker

Fryette -
Sig X
Deliverance 120

THD -
Series One Plexi (68' JMP smallbox)
Bivalve 30
Flexi 50
Deco 36

I have other amps but this is what I use.
The Deco 36 is what I use most.

Diezel Herbert MKII
Orange Dual Dark 50
Egnater Armageddon
Fryette GP/DI

I split time between the Orange and the Herb; both have something special and can do everything I need them to, but if I’m honest the Diezel kills the DD.

I usually have the DD in my truck with me along with a Mesa Thiele cab.

Sorry I'm late...

Langner DCP-1
100w Marshall '71 Superlead modded by Langner, Cameron, Friedman, Monomyth
100w Marshall '71 Superbass modded by
Monomyth
50w Marshall '72 JMP MK2 bone stock
50w Marshall '81 2204 bone stock
50w Marshall '83 2204 modded by
Monomyth Skelton Key prototype
Mesa SG IIC++
Mesa DGX IIC+/++
Mesa KG IIC+/++
Mesa M-180
All modded by Mike Bendinelli
VHT Classic 2100 Limited

Last edited:
EVH 5150 50W Stealth
Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
Ceriatone Chuppacabra 50
Mesa Triple Recto Rev G

I'm going to add the new Fryette UL Mk2 to the stable when they are finally released. May even pick up an Orange Dual Dark to round things out.

Back