What do you consider modern metal ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Techdeth
  • Start date Start date
I like this kind of stuff for a couple listens but it wears me out pretty quick. Doesn't have staying power with me.
For me I listen to like 2 to 4 . Then other shit . Then comeback too it . I can do it like that . I like a mix .

A few of the "modern" metal bands I dig - Malicious, Cerebral Rot, Concrete Winds, Weregoat, Altar Of Gore, Sadistic Drive, Phobophilic, Detherous, Death Worship...I can't stand some of these newer bands you always hear about like Jinjer, for example. There is some great stuff in the underground extreme metal scene if you're into that kind of stuff

Reactions: iff
.I can't stand some of these newer bands you always hear about like Jinjer, for example.
I can't staaaaaand Jinjer, and Spiritbox, etc... they all have that over-produced big tough guy bro snare drum sound like 55DP has. I personally think they are propped up so high with over-exposure because they are a female fronted metal bands. That's how I see it take it or leave it.

I can't staaaaaand Jinjer, and Spiritbox, etc... they all have that over-produced big tough guy bro snare drum sound like 55DP has. I personally think they are propped up so high with over-exposure because they are a female fronted metal bands. That's how I see it take it or leave it.
As a female, I agree! Not much into virtue signalling and/or variants of tokenism. Create it, build it, earn it!
...Though I do like Jinjer :ROFLMAO:

Pretty much anything that came along after Pantera, In Flames & Fear Factory.

Memphis May Fire
Tesseract
Polaris
Vildhjarta

To me “Modern Metal” means bands heavily influenced by Meshuggah and then taking that somewhere new. Almost always using 7/8 strings and/or down-tuned, strong emphasis on interesting rhythm parts, not necessarily soloing. Often Metalcore style breakdowns.

I think of it as a specific genre, like “nu metal” isn’t “new metal”.

There is no modern metal. There is metal or there is no metal. A lot of current bands pretend to be metal and and parasitizing this word. Musicians who play drums, bass and guitars. Is this a met condition for metal? They don't even look like metal. Metal is THE energy that the band gives to the audience. And I miss energy in many so called metal bands nowadays.

Back