What shelving unit do you use for your amps?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date Start date
D
Deleted member 16554
Looking for some recommendations, quality of widely available stuff has gone down and am worried about shoddy shelving leading to broken/busted amps…any info and links would be much appreciated!

Looking for some recommendations, quality of widely available stuff has gone down and am worried about shoddy shelving leading to broken/busted amps…any info and links would be much appreciated!
You are prepaiting seriously for expansion I see 🤘🏻

If it wasn’t America, I would offer you to buy some quality metal profiles and weld them/get them welded. Then some nice thick plywood to top it off.

You are prepaiting seriously for expansion I see 🤘🏻

If it wasn’t America, I would offer you to buy some quality metal profiles and weld them/get them welded. Then some nice thick plywood to top it off.

Lol the expansion is well underway, I’m running behind and am very worried now that I’ve acquired my dream amps…how do I store them 😂

Have considered having a custom shelf unit built…but that feels very extreme

Are the shelves being held up by those plastic clip on brackets? I’ve seen this design and it kind of scares me…probably just being delusional
yes,

I have heavy keyboards, amps and guitars on them, no issues in 10+ years. Metro Commercial shelves. Be sure you lock the plastic retainers on correctly is all.

YMMV

yes,

I have heavy keyboards, amps and guitars on them, no issues in 10+ years. Metro Commercial shelves. Be sure you lock the plastic retainers on correctly is all.

YMMV

Did you buy yours from that site?

Yes, actually at a Container Store in person; I have 4 x 60" units with 4-5 shelves. All purchased 10+ years ago. Two in the house for gear, two others for storage. Be sure to check the weight ratings too. IIRC, I got the commercial units because they could hold more weight.

Yes, actually at a Container Store in person; I have 4 x 60" units with 4-5 shelves. All purchased 10+ years ago. Two in the house for gear, two others for storage. Be sure to check the weight ratings too. IIRC, I got the commercial units because they could hold more weight.

Perfect, thank you very much!

I just found one on the metro website that says shelves can hold several hundred to thousand pounds but I’m just having a hard time believing those little plastic clip things can actually do that…need to work through my fear on this

Reactions: rsm
Perfect, thank you very much!

I just found one on the metro website that says shelves can hold several hundred to thousand pounds but I’m just having a hard time believing those little plastic clip things can actually do that…need to work through my fear on this
My biggest issue with the plastic clips is trying not to lose them. Buy extras.

Like I said, no issues 10+ years. I have the Commercial chrome units, no rust, corrosion even in high humidity garage and storage rooms. Hit by brackish water floods during a hurricane, and the shelves in my storage room show no signs of it.

I got some with the heavy duty wheels too, makes it easier to clean around them and move as needed. I recommend two locking wheels and two non locking wheels.

I also have the 72" poles, which are the tallest; 60" shelves were the widest. You can also have plywood cut to fit the shelves, there's a small ridge on the shelve edges to keep the plywood in place, slight but enough to keep it in place if you're careful.

These commercial chrome metro shelves are legit, and worth the price IMO/IME

Just thinking about peace of mind. Get four posts and one shelf. Put it at the lowest level and load it up with weight to see. If it works, get more.

Lol the expansion is well underway, I’m running behind and am very worried now that I’ve acquired my dream amps…how do I store them 😂

Ah you spoiled americans, what is extreme in cutting and welding some metal hehe

I’m kidding. But to me it could cost even less than premades and be real heavy duty at the same time. Then again, I would have a friend of mine weld it 😁

ain't nobody got time for that!

:D

My friend has to pass time at work anyway 😂

Wich amps you bought/have besides SLO that I know of?

A hardwood bookshelf holds 5 heads (at home), and then an industrial grade steel shelving unit holds other heads that are not kept at home.

@rsm yea I think I’ll have to take the plunge here and give it a go…floor is getting crowded with heads

@CrystalSky couple of old Marshall’s, a Friedman and a Wizard, and then on the waiting list for a Bogner, Hermansson and another Friedman…just the usual rig talk fare

Reactions: rsm
@rsm yea I think I’ll have to take the plunge here and give it a go…floor is getting crowded with heads

@CrystalSky couple of old Marshall’s, a Friedman and a Wizard, and then on the waiting list for a Bogner, Hermansson and another Friedman…just the usual rig talk fare

Not so usual, as Friemans have quite fallen from grace here for some reason. Hermansson is tempting though, yeah, very tempting 🤤

Pallet racking is the way to go. Not attractive but with 5/8 plywood or dimensional lumber shelves they are nearly indestructible.
We used to stack zero turn mowers on them for the winter

Not so usual, as Friemans have quite fallen from grace here for some reason. Hermansson is tempting though, yeah, very tempting 🤤

Haha true, I think it’s the youngsters chasing the more modern sound…10 years ago Friedman were all the rage lol! God I remember the James Lugo amp shootout vids and the releases of the BE-100 and Naked…what a time to be alive and on rig talk!

Back