What shelving unit do you use for your amps?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date Start date
What about IKEA, they must have some cheap shelving?

Funny you mention this!!

I got one of the Ikea OMAR bakers racks for my amps and cab. I have a smaller setup with 2 x 19" rack mounted Mesas and a 1x12 widebody cab. It all fits perfectly on that rack. That rack has the dimensions which fit exactly into the area I needed it to be.

This rack had no problem fitting my Bogner 212CB and Friedman SSV2 head onto it as well before I sold them. Plenty of room!

IMG_1416 Medium.jpeg

I built this one from some scrap this past weekend. I'll make a nicer one from some hardwood with FJ corners and some tweaks. I was thinking about adding carbon fiber rods in the the shelves to stiffen them up? The shelves are adjustable using 3 dowel pins (1/2inx1-1/2in) on each side. The underside of the shelf has notches cut for the dowel pins. It def needs more bracing.

Chuck

HeadCab.jpg
HeadCabShelves.jpg

I had good luck browsing local furniture store sites and finding something nice delivered to my door for free. I took some measurements and checked out the floor model before pulling the trigger. It was like $250, I had to do very little in terms of reinforcement (everything mass produced is cheap now apparently) and looks much more intentional/finished than the wire rack systems that are like $70 and always a little to Wide or Narrow IMO.

Back