What shelving unit do you use for your amps?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date Start date
Use Bar coasters ( the thick ones they give you to put a drink one.)
That will keep the feet from sitting cock eye'd on the shelve wire.

I must have 50 of those things from different bars/beers.

don't need the plywood to be that thick. the wires in the shelf are close together enought that it's not a problem for most amp feet.
....with heavy amps (ala Diezel) those wire shelves WILL leave impressions on the rubber feet on the amps.
Do like I said..go get a collection of the bar coasters. I always asked for extra and tossed em in the womans purse

I built my own amp & cab cabinet with handsawn dovetails and quality hardwoods. Houses two 1x12 cabs, 2 full size heads or 3 mini heads, and three 6" cubbies for various other items. I'll post some pics soon.

Currently I'm using those wire shelves other's have mentioned. They look fairly nice and are sturdy. The one drawback is the wires either not lining up all the way with the feet, leaving impressions in them, or bending under the feet if it's a heavy amp. My solution was to cut some 1/8 inch luan plywood to size and lay it on top. Works perfectly.

While the wire shelves do work, I have limited space and want/need something where I can fully customize the size so everything fits better. The 36 inch wide shelves are too big to fit multiple side by side in my space. The 30 inch ones aren't wide enough for all my amps. And the shelves can only be adjusted in 1 inch increments which would either line up as not enough space for the amp or not enough room for one more shelf at the top. For most people these shelves will work just fine, but I'm trying to set my stuff up with as little wasted space a possible.

I am planning to build some custom shelving for all my amps in the near future. I'm going to use black structural pipe and hardwood shelves. There's a bunch of different types of brackets for everything so I'll be able to make it the exact width and height I want. I'll also be able to set the shelves just right. I'll be able to optimize the space I have with nothing wasted.

Currently I'm using those wire shelves other's have mentioned. They look fairly nice and are sturdy. The one drawback is the wires either not lining up all the way with the feet, leaving impressions in them, or bending under the feet if it's a heavy amp. My solution was to cut some 1/8 inch luan plywood to size and lay it on top. Works perfectly.

While the wire shelves do work, I have limited space and want/need something where I can fully customize the size so everything fits better. The 36 inch wide shelves are too big to fit multiple side by side in my space. The 30 inch ones aren't wide enough for all my amps. And the shelves can only be adjusted in 1 inch increments which would either line up as not enough space for the amp or not enough room for one more shelf at the top. For most people these shelves will work just fine, but I'm trying to set my stuff up with as little wasted space a possible.

I am planning to build some custom shelving for all my amps in the near future. I'm going to use black structural pipe and hardwood shelves. There's a bunch of different types of brackets for everything so I'll be able to make it the exact width and height I want. I'll also be able to set the shelves just right. I'll be able to optimize the space I have with nothing wasted.

I've never had the shelves bend or flex at all, even when I had 2 amps on the same shelf (the shelves I got are deep enough that I had one amp in front of another when storing some stuff for a while).

I use these. I have only used the 3 high ones but they’re solid and the perfect size for a head. Also relatively cheap compared to some units.

https://www.amazon.com/Hirsh-Narrow-Rivet-Shelving-Shelf/dp/B07PN7W3QN
Excuse the mess but you’ll get the idea:

62FACBA3-9B8E-4064-AB13-E664F90ED012.jpeg

Your a real messy baby.
Send the Hiwatt over the reduce the clutter.

...by the way, those shelves look dead solid and not expensive.
Sending now with a stack of cash as a thank you for taking it off my hands.

The shelves are good and seem more solid the more you toss on them. I’ve had some heavy amps on them (diezel, wizards) and never had an issue. The fit is dead on

Perfect, thank you very much!

I just found one on the metro website that says shelves can hold several hundred to thousand pounds but I’m just having a hard time believing those little plastic clip things can actually do that…need to work through my fear on this
Metro Commercial is the standard for wire racks in the industry. We’ve spec’d them for all kinds of projects: hospitals, research labs, pharmaceuticals, universities, etc. Heavier and much more valuable things are being stored on their shelving units all over.

Looking for some recommendations, quality of widely available stuff has gone down and am worried about shoddy shelving leading to broken/busted amps…any info and links would be much appreciated!
Try some used shelves like the orange ones at home depot if your in las Cruces I could sell u some.

Back