What shelving unit do you use for your amps?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date Start date
@technomancer @John4021 dudes those plastic clips scare the shit out of me…they feel so flimsy…how is it possible for that little thing to hold the weight of an amp?

Not saying you’re all wrong but it gives me great pause, I just don’t understand the science behind it :aww:

@technomancer @John4021 dudes those plastic clips scare the shit out of me…they feel so flimsy…how is it possible for that little thing to hold the weight of an amp?

Not saying you’re all wrong but it gives me great pause, I just don’t understand the science behind it :aww:

Compression. You could probably hang from one of those shelves. I've got 2 sets of them in different sizes, one with 8 guitars and cases on it and one with 6 amps. I've been using both for literally years without any problems at all.

The weight you put on the shelf pushes downwards which "pinches" the two halfs tightly together.
Even with no weight on the shelf, when you assemble it, you find the 2 plastic halfs will lock into the vertical tube. The shelf fits around the tube. It's tapered, not a straight hole.
Go look at one in the store thats built and you'll see what I mean.

The weight you put on the shelf pushes downwards which "pinches" the two halfs tightly together.
Even with no weight on the shelf, when you assemble it, you find the 2 plastic halfs will lock into the vertical tube. The shelf fits around the tube. It's tapered, not a straight hole.
Go look at one in the store thats built and you'll see what I mean.

So once the shelf enclosing is on the plastic thing, it can’t keep sliding down because the metal pole gets too wide?

Completely different circuit, the Naked was originally an amp Dave built for A Perfect Circle's guitarist from what I recall. No idea what one of the 2s would go for or what's different from the earlier ones, haven't asked Dave about them.

Please ask if you have connections with Dave. Curiosity kills me once again lol

Please ask if you have connections with Dave. Curiosity kills me once again lol

No special connection, if you want to know just email him and ask if he's still doing them and what he's charging.... he answers the Friedman email address

This is high quality steel at Lowes.
Haven't pulled the trigger.
Not sure I want this monstrosity in my home.
Was thinking of cutting it in half.
20230301_160546.jpg

This is high quality steel at Lowes.
Haven't pulled the trigger.
Not sure I want this monstrosity in my home.
Was thinking of cutting it in half.
View attachment 196561
If I told you I purchased a smaller width version of that exact product and was able to bend the metal poles with my hand…would you believe me? :oops:

NO
The virtical legs are not tapered.
The "HOLES" on the 4 corners are tapered.
As are the Plastic pieces.
Let me go take a picture.
I would very much appreciate a picture to better understand this, massively appreciate it!

The TWO plastic halfs have a lip inside the stops at the rings on the vertical poles.
Once you see the pictures I did for you, it will make sense. They are pretty cheap price wise...go to Home Depots web site and do a search.

1F89zatl.jpg

viiCX2bl.jpg

ON4DkZql.jpg

no, the plastic clips have channels in them, and clip into channels on the poles. the clips are narrower at the top than the bottom, the shelf slips over and locks them into place
Got it, thanks a lot!

Reactions: rsm
The TWO plastic halfs have a lip inside the stops at the rings on the vertical poles.
Once you see the pictures I did for you, it will make sense. They are pretty cheap price wise...go to Home Depots web site and do a search.

1F89zatl.jpg

viiCX2bl.jpg

ON4DkZql.jpg
Ok I think I get it, just gonna get one and start with an amp on the bottom shelf, appreciate the pics very much!

Reactions: rsm

Back