What shelving unit do you use for your amps?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date Start date
Best shelving is quality cabs. Great excuse to buy more cabs!
My fucking hero!

There is a guy here on this forum who scored these white wooden bookcases(maybe?)from IKEA.
Perfectly fit the Marshall heads. Has like three of them side by side, each holding three heads.
Super fucking sexy looking set up. I swore if I ever got to a place I could do it, I was gonna copy his set-up with my amps.
Few amps are as tall or wide as a Marshall, so any amp would fit in those book cases.

My fucking hero!

There is a guy here on this forum who scored these white wooden bookcases(maybe?)from IKEA.
Perfectly fit the Marshall heads. Has like three of them side by side, each holding three heads.
Super fucking sexy looking set up. I swore if I ever got to a place I could do it, I was gonna copy his set-up with my amps.
Few amps are as tall or wide as a Marshall, so any amp would fit in those book cases.

Do you by chance recall who it was? No worries if not

A9stK2sl.jpg

Haha true, I think it’s the youngsters chasing the more modern sound…10 years ago Friedman were all the rage lol! God I remember the James Lugo amp shootout vids and the releases of the BE-100 and Naked…what a time to be alive and on rig talk!

Naked I know not much about an is interesring to me, but the BE is somehow described too processed of a tone.

I also remember Dave made a run of Naked 2? Or at least the feet guy told he accepts orders.

Naked I know not much about an is interesring to me, but the BE is somehow described too processed of a tone.

I also remember Dave made a run of Naked 2? Or at least the feet guy told he accepts orders.
Yea he did do a 2nd run for people who were “on the list” lol

And yes the BE is basically the perfect Marshall studio sound so it absolutely sounds compressed but some of us are into that kind of thing :LOL:

Yea he did do a 2nd run for people who were “on the list” lol

And yes the BE is basically the perfect Marshall studio sound so it absolutely sounds compressed but some of us are into that kind of thing :LOL:
Who was on the list is the mystery of the century it seems lol

Well then I am glad that you got what you wanted! 🤘🏻

Who was on the list is the mystery of the century it seems lol

Well then I am glad that you got what you wanted! 🤘🏻

I think Reza and Michael Nielsen both got one because they did vids of em…the rest are a mystery lol

I think Reza and Michael Nielsen both got one because they did vids of em…the rest are a mystery lol

Not sure "the rest" ever got built. Dave was doing them by hand as he got transformers / time. He's talked about doing a couple different things like that and just never got time to do them.

I dislike this kind of artificial scarcity. Fortin is expert in such fuckery.

There's a difference between just ordering small batches from a third party production company and acting like you can't just order another batch anytime you want and actually being too busy with other stuff to hand build amps that are only getting done because a handful of people badgered a builder to do them. The Naked 2 only happened because a few people REALLY wanted them. They're not a production amp.

Not sure "the rest" ever got built. Dave was doing them by hand as he got transformers / time. He's talked about doing a couple different things like that and just never got time to do them.

There's a difference between just ordering small batches from a third party production company and acting like you can't just order another batch anytime you want and actually being too busy with other stuff to hand build amps that are only getting done because a handful of people badgered a builder to do them. The Naked 2 only happened because a few people REALLY wanted them. They're not a production amp.

Thank you for the info! I am quite underinformed on the matter it seems.

What actually is Naked 2 by concept? What differs BEs from Nakeds? And for how much does one go? I guess they’re expensive because Dave himsef builds ‘em.

Thank you for the info! I am quite underinformed on the matter it seems.

What actually is Naked 2 by concept? What differs BEs from Nakeds? And for how much does one go? I guess they’re expensive because Dave himsef builds ‘em.

Completely different circuit, the Naked was originally an amp Dave built for A Perfect Circle's guitarist from what I recall. No idea what one of the 2s would go for or what's different from the earlier ones, haven't asked Dave about them.

I picked up the typical metal shelves(the black ones) at Home Depot
Pretty solid.
Just put your Diezel Big Iron amps on the bottom

Back