Who's enjoying pride month

How much do you know about the origins of the Bible as it's been known for the last thousand years?
When was it written?
Who contributed writings?
the bible is gods written revelation to man. there is one god. the bible has one creator
most bible scholars agree 'job' is the oldest book in the bible, probably written after babel but before or contemporaneous with abraham

BTW I don't think many of you guy's know this but many religions are Abrahamic. i.e. The god of Abraham.
Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all the SAME god of Abraham. Just different spin.

Yes, you can pretty much consider the religious text over the years got adulterated with "Laws of Man"
Like it was originally holy text, but also included additions that served as an early law book.
If you read that though, the message is wise and something to be gained from. There are those who quote the words of a book, any book, and make them maleable to their own point by cherrypicking a section that fits their narrative at the moment. This is always a bad faith act, no pun intended.

@mrwiredot A little crash course for you.

Judaism, and Islam do not deny Jesus ever existing, they deny him as the Son of God.
And Islam's "Jesus" character is Mohammad, not the Son of god, but rather the prophet God uses to speak to the people.

However ALL three worship the Same God of Abraham. All three reference text, stories, and characters from the Old Testament

From my experience, it was still taught to be merciful of the sinner themself
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Back