Who's enjoying pride month

Veterans and parents get love and respect all year round, and always have.
Non-heterosexuals spent centuries being ridiculed and scorned 365 days a year.

A month seems about right.
My second oldest son is gay and I love him. He doesn't make himself the center of attention, works hard, leaves the drama at home and isn't a medalist at the victimhood olympics and isn't aligned to the more progressive attachments to the LGB bandwagon. The reality is that theres a big difference between being non-hetero and what's being force fed by politics and corporate media shills. Its like me being called racist on a daily basis because I'm white. The heterophobia is as bad as the homophobia. Its just typical divisive and opportunistic games by both sides to draw a demographic to a party that will do nothing for them. I have had gay friends for decades. None of them think it's appropriate to dress like a stripper and let a 7 year old tuck bills in their thongs.

I don't need to celebrate something to accept it.

Too many kinks are riding the tail of pride and are doing a disservice to the original movements

My second oldest son is gay and I love him.

My mother is gay so I can relate. I apologize for immediately assuming you were just
another one of the knuckle draggers around here.

Re: Pride Month
It started out as a good thing that's been unfortunately co opted by the loudest and most obnoxious
of the non-hetero community. I detest that part of it too. But I still think the idea behind Pride Month
is a good one and we shouldn't toss the baby out with the bath water.

My mother is gay so I can relate. I apologize for immediately assuming you were just
another one of the knuckle draggers around here.

Re: Pride Month
It started out as a good thing that's been unfortunately co opted by the loudest and most obnoxious
of the non-hetero community. I detest that part of it too. But I still think the idea behind Pride Month
is a good one and we shouldn't toss the baby out with the bath water.

Well, it's almost like religions. Most in the US cohabitate, but they do so by just living their lives and not forcing it into everyone's else's personal space. That's the issue. No need for a month of marketing, media, and celebratory bombardment, just be you and don't seek and force affirmation. You're never going to get it. True diversity requires other don't agree and support you, only that they can cohabitate

Well, it's almost like religions. Most in the US cohabitate, but they do so by just living their lives and not forcing it into everyone's else's personal space. That's the issue. No need for a month of marketing, media, and celebratory bombardment, just be you and don't seek and force affirmation. You're never going to get it. True diversity requires other don't agree and support you, only that they can cohabitate

Every month is “awareness month” for a multitude of things. Why is “pride” the one that pisses people off??

Do you get bent out of shape when something is pink for breast cancer awareness?

Last edited:
No need for a month of marketing, media, and celebratory bombardment, just be you and don't seek and force affirmation.

I understand this point of view.

You're never going to get it.

But I disagree with you here.
It may be glacial in its progress but it has happened, and continues to happen all the time.

To be 100% candid I blame the Trump's years for the recent regressive attitudes towards LBGTQ.
He made it OK again for all of the asshole homophobes to wave their flags proudly - you see it on this forum every day.

Non-heterosexuality has been with us since the dawn of mankind yet here we are in the 21st freaking
century for cripes sake and you got members here still thinking FAG is an insult?

Last edited:

It may be glacial in its progress but it has happened, and continues to happen all the time.

To be 100% candid I blame Trump's 4 years for the recent regressive attitudes towards LBGTQ.
He made it OK for all of the asshole homophobes to wave their flags proudly - you see it on this forum every day.

Non-heterosexuality has been with us since the dawn of mankind yet here we are in the 21st freaking
century for cripes sake and you got members here still thinking FAG is an insult?
You just love sucking cocks.

To be 100% candid I blame the Trump's years for the recent regressive attitudes towards LBGTQ.
He made it OK again for all of the asshole homophobes to wave their flags proudly - you see it on this forum every day.

Of course Trump’s fault - not. Are you THAT partisan - that simplistic - that intellectually disingenuous?
Non-heterosexuality has been with us forever true but the anti-science freak show that is “trans” in all its permutations is a brand new blight.
It is harmful to kids and women and sets back the cause of gay rights.

Back