CCV progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
LP Freak":3skrp6q5 said:
metalmaniac93":3skrp6q5 said:
TrueTone500":3skrp6q5 said:
This is just me speculating here, so go-easy... :scared:

If Friedman Amplification is experiencing an increase in Friedman product demand, then it would be logical to assume that Dave would prioritize production of the product that will result in greater profits for his company. I'm seeing a lot of players using Friedman amplifiers on various television programs that include a live band, so maybe...?

I want a CCV also, but I'm not placing an order until I see some finished units. I'd even be willing to build it myself if they came-up with a DIY CCV kit at a reduced price. :thumbsup:

Oh I agree with this 100% that is the way most business models work, but if we do not want to wait any longer and it has been quite a wait, as a consumer we should be givin the option to have our money returned to us. And right now, that is not a viable option. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Were you told that there would be no refunds?

Well kind of since Rob has not answered my emails about the progress of the CCV nor my request for a refund and Brad as stated here and in email/PM saying the CCV 2nd run waiters can get the Atomica or Old Bitch, which I already have the former. He even offered me any of the Friedman line, but I do not want any of them. So as interpreted there are no refunds.

metalmaniac93":204r7knv said:
LP Freak":204r7knv said:
metalmaniac93":204r7knv said:
TrueTone500":204r7knv said:

If Friedman Amplification is experiencing an increase in Friedman product demand, then it would be logical to assume that Dave would prioritize production of the product that will result in greater profits for his company. I'm seeing a lot of players using Friedman amplifiers on various television programs that include a live band, so maybe...?

I want a CCV also, but I'm not placing an order until I see some finished units. I'd even be willing to build it myself if they came-up with a DIY CCV kit at a reduced price. :thumbsup:

Oh I agree with this 100% that is the way most business models work, but if we do not want to wait any longer and it has been quite a wait, as a consumer we should be givin the option to have our money returned to us. And right now, that is not a viable option. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Well kind of since Rob has not answered my emails about the progress of the CCV nor my request for a refund and Brad as stated here and in email/PM saying the CCV 2nd run waiters can get the Atomica or Old Bitch, which I already have the former. He even offered me any of the Friedman line, but I do not want any of them. So as interpreted there are no refunds.
I'm not jumping on you at all here, but unless you have a direct quote from someone involved that said no refunds that's kind of unfair...it's speculation. Ask a direct question...call them TODAY and ask point blank and see what they say.

rlord1974":3j2lwwmi said:
If you don't like what you see, stop looking.....

DKUwQ.jpg

:LOL: :LOL:

Those CCV 's are very nice!

paulyc":319mwf0i said:
metalmaniac93":319mwf0i said:
LP Freak":319mwf0i said:
metalmaniac93":319mwf0i said:
TrueTone500":319mwf0i said:

I'm not jumping on you at all here, but unless you have a direct quote from someone involved that said no refunds that's kind of unfair...it's speculation. Ask a direct question...call them TODAY and ask point blank and see what they say.

Well when I asked for a refund more than once and they don't answer and Brad says the situation is out of his control and offers me other Cameron or Friedman products then it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are no refunds. I could not even get an answer from Rob on the progress of the CCV let alone a response on a refund.

I don't blame you at all. I ALMOST got sucked into the Cameron bullshit back before Brad and Co. took over. I called them up and asked for an ETA on the amps and was told not to worry about it...just send money. Glad I didn't. I bought a used Splawn QR instead...another shit story. Even Friedman man...I sent a Marshall out there for the KS...his own website at the time I sent it quoted 4 to 6 weeks ...once it got there, I waited 4 weeks and made a call just to check status and was told I'd be lucky to get it back in 4 to 6 months...nice. No, I didn't mis-read months as weeks. How long does it take ? I know the amp sat there untouched for almost the whole time. They could have just asked for my money for a place in line and I could have kept the amp and thn shipped it to them when they were ready for Christ's sake.

No problem, carry on. Sorry to hear about the issues getting your amp modded by friedman.

BTW: I waited 14 months and he turned my Reinhardt Storm into a piece of shit. Good luck!

I hear ya. I got my 79 Marshall super bass back and it has NO low end. He blames my 75watt Celestion Marshall cab. He offered to let me send it back for tweaks...not too sure I wanna go there again.

Yep, I just sent my Marsha to be upgraded to the new BE. The esitimated cost of $250 with a promise of a two week turnaround. Cost is now up to over $400 now a completion date of 3 weeks. I thought I would give him one more chance as I'm thinking about buying a Naked and a Dirty Shirley. If this doesn't work out I'm done.

I have no skin in the game here but after talking with Rob several times (Metalmanic not TM Rob) I'll share my sentiment again. I seriously feel for you guys as this must be gut-wrentching.

It's a fucking revision. No amp is ever going to be worth a year long wait; let alone two. Most of us are weekend warriors, bedroom heroes etc. and it's hard other than idealistic fantasies or tone chasing to ever justify an amp cost of this calibre. Even though my amp is amazing, after waiting nine months I started to regret my purchase. Not because I thought it'd be bad or the time frame involved. I just realized that there are more important things in life such as student loans, marriage or vacation possibilities.

Now my perspective is a bit biased as one I do not have the funds readily available to drop serious coin like you guys have and two I do view this as an excessive want. Granted, I dropped x amount of dollars on my 71' Plexi to be modded by Dave F and yes, to me it's the ultimate amp (INMO) but again I'm failing to see the need to justify a revised amp of an already amazing sounding product.

The other issue is that to have customers wait two years; without any concession offer seems ludicrous. I will note that Brad is doing an awesome thing by offering replacement products to make up for the lack of delivery/latency here but I think the ultimate issue is transparency regarding updates.

Again, I will note that it is wicked awesome to have a deal to swap amps and I'd take that in a heart beat. But to wait this long seems strange.

Has there been a real clear cut reason as to why it has taken almost two years for you guys? Again, I have no stake in this nor am I blasting anyone. This is more of an observational thing on my end.

Best of luck to all of you. I know you guys may not be able to see it as you've been waiting for so long, but there has to be a damn good reason that it's taken this long on the TM/King camp.

There's always two sides to every story.

Brad has his business and this website (probably many other things too) paying his bills and Dave/TM have their thing going on to keep themselves taken care of so this is another thing on an already existing laundry list of things occupying their time.

21_guitars":20q85cjf said:
No problem, carry on. Sorry to hear about the issues getting your amp modded by friedman.

BTW: I waited 14 months and he turned my Reinhardt Storm into a piece of shit. Good luck!
I wouldn't doubt I would have had to wait 14 months too, but after 5.5 I told Brad I'd had enough and my next move was to drop off printed copies of all my emails and receipts with my lawyer to let him handle it...I got the amp within 2 weeks after that...

Oops! I got off topic, but there will not be any updates as we have seen and the Cameron line of amps is a failure. The used Camerons aren't selling, no one wants to pay $2800 for a single channel amp ie the Atomic or Old Bitch anymore. There are other options now with the improved Fractal and the KPA. I think that folks that want a quality amp will look to Bogner and Diezel and pay the price for what they want in a tube amp. Of course this only my opinion, but for those like me who put their trust in this will get some kind of closure.

/Thread

I have an Atomica, a Diezel Herbert, 2 triple recs, markIII, 4 Marshalls (one of which is the Friedman) and a Splawn ProMod...I'm awaiting a used CCV tomorrow ups. I've owned Randall, VHT, Laney, and VH4 amps and to me...NOTHING sounds as good as a Cameron amp. I love the Atomica, but it's limited by it's single channel nature...hence the CCV.

Hmm. not sure what to say. Awsome collect of amps?

Anyway, I landed in this forum from all the hype about the Cameron amp after all my shit was stolen and wanted to give it a try. If you want to pay $2800 for a single channel I'm not going to argue. The Atomic and the Old Bitch are modified Friedman amps, not speced Mark amps. I have no interest in them.

All I wanted was to purchase a Cameron amp, well it didn't work out. After two years of this shit I'm moving on, that's about it. Maybe I'll find a used one someday.

Thanks,
Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back