Bottom Line: Tone-Talk On YouTube is Totally Addictive

I'm gonna need names, I'm confused. I've heard most of the frequent fliers that post all the time. Tech has tons on youtube. Arch posts tons of stuff here. Medic posts insane mixes all the time. I just did some C+ DIs with GJGo - he posts boogie shit all the time. SBlues posted a bunch of clips of his crazy amps. I've heard Racers marshalls, Japetus fenders, and Smashed's W800 and MGL a bunch. LPmojo did a ton of demos of scotts pickups. nigel did a really great sounding 90s punk type mix a while back. Someones posting a new hellrazor clip all the time.

Who exactly are you talking about, is what I'm wondering?

There ya go! That’s the primary 10 I was talking about that actually have something to back up whatever they say. I don’t pay attention to the usernames of the shittalkers unless I’ve had a back and forth with them, but @Geo is a prime example. @VonBonfire seems to be making an effort to talk less shit and checks himself, but he had a rough start.

I don’t know about you, but I see a difference between having an opinion on something and just being a straight up asshole about it. The people that raised me taught me if you’re going to talk shit you better be able to back your ass up and that wasn’t even about fighting or any dumb chest thumping shit, it was basic principle that if you’re going to have something to say it should come from an informed place. From what I’ve seen of your post, that’d be a principle I’d imagine you hold in your actual life, maybe it just doesn’t bother you online.

And note, I’m not talking about opinions here, I’m talking about shittalking. When someone can’t even elaborate why they dislike something without attacking someone’s character on a personal level, or that’s all the criticism pertains to, that’s shittalking.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
There ya go! That’s the primary 10 I was talking about that actually have something to back up whatever they say. I don’t pay attention to the usernames of the shittalkers unless I’ve had a back and forth with them, but @Geo is a prime example. @VonBonfire seems to be making an effort to talk less shit and checks himself, but he had a rough start.

I don’t know about you, but I see a difference between having an opinion on something and just being a straight up asshole about it. The people that raised me taught me if you’re going to talk shit you better be able to back your ass up and that wasn’t even about fighting or any dumb chest thumping shit, it was basic principle that if you’re going to have something to say it should come from an informed place. From what I’ve seen of your post, that’d be a principle I’d imagine you hold in your actual life, maybe it just doesn’t bother you online.

And note, I’m not talking about opinions here, I’m talking about shittalking. When someone can’t even elaborate why they dislike something without attacking someone’s character on a personal level, or that’s all the criticism pertains to, that’s shittalking.

No I actually totally agree about people who don't back their shit up, that's why I was legitimately confused - because I've heard clips of just about everyone on rigtalk playing at some point

Geo doesn't really talk a ton of shit tbh? He isn't what I would describe as a shit disturber at all. VBF definitely counts, but he's calmed the fuck down recently - is there anyone else specifically? Because i'm actually confused about this

• Haha
VBF definitely counts, but he's calmed the fuck down recently - is there anyone else specifically?
LOL Other than in OT I think the only real shit I talked (or maybe I'm forgetting) in this sub section was about modeling gear where I have made some pretty harsh comments about it. It's existence pisses me off and makes me want to quit playing music before everything becomes modeling gear. I can't say I'm interested in debate and I try not to rig crap on threads where guys are posting actively about it but I see the day coming where all kids playing will only have modeling stuff. I can play good enough to get booked and have shared some stuff privately with a few guys here but I guess I don't have an urge to advertise my band page to the other guitarists. I have been stupid enough to pursue live music since the 90's now so I should be able to offer some advice that occasionally is valid.

How the world should work, by a little homo.

You should turn off all the computer shit and gobs off distortion and learn how to play a guitar.

LOL Other than in OT I think the only real shit I talked (or maybe I'm forgetting) in this sub section was about modeling gear where I have made some pretty harsh comments about it. It's existence pisses me off and makes me want to quit playing music before everything becomes modeling gear. I can't say I'm interested in debate and I try not to rig crap on threads where guys are posting actively about it but I see the day coming where all kids playing will only have modeling stuff. I can play good enough to get booked and have shared some stuff privately with a few guys here but I guess I don't have an urge to advertise my band page to the other guitarists. I have been stupid enough to pursue live music since the 90's now so I should be able to offer some advice that occasionally is valid.

I guess it's just weird to me to accuse RT of being like tgp where no one actually plays guitar, when that's exactly what attracts people away from TGP and to RT

Like I legitimately don't care if people have spicy/controversial gear opinions if theyre a great player that has the experience to be able to definitively say "no, this is what works for me"

But conversely, if youre not making outlandish claims/starting arguments, meh, it's all good if youre a beginner or don't have a ton of skin in the game

6250a6a42889827f.gif

This is “Rig-Talk” right? Not Rip/ Riff- Talk, right? I’m far from the best player. Mediocre at best but I have professionals that frequent my place that I play with and have played shows with. At one point I had to give up music to raise a family and only had my first “ real” guitar and no amp. I’ve raised 3 successful kids on a single income and have been fortunate enough to waste a bunch of money on gear in the last 10-15 years. I don’t need to post clips. There are guys that tour the world that sit in my space and listen to me play.
Sorry for the rant. I forgot what I was talking about.

How the world should work, by a little homo.

You should turn off all the computer shit and gobs off distortion and learn how to play a guitar.

Post a single clip of your playing dude, 10 seconds worth.

You won’t, because you have nothing but a shit mouth to run.

• Haha
Post a single clip of your playing dude, 10 seconds worth.

You won’t, because you have nothing but a shit mouth to run.
From the mid 80's until the year 2000 I played every day, at least 2 hours a day, sometimes 4 hours a day. I have gotten to the point where I am able to play fluently and learn songs quickly.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands that have heard me play. I have no interest in proving to an imbecile like you, who is obviously an amateur musicians at best, how well I play.

But, I have been where you are musically, and I can tell that you need to turn off all those crutches you need to play.

How is that piece of shit Jeep you own?

Back