Hammett On Beato

• Thread starter Thread starter RevDrucifer
  • Start date Start date
RevDrucifer
RevDrucifer
Well this should surely be a thread full of nice things being said. :LOL:

He starts talking early gear pretty quick, by 15 minutes in he was already talking about the IIC+, but before that he gets into James’ Marshall that got stolen. I’ve seen people speculate over whether or not that was actually modded, but this is the first time I’ve heard someone from Metallica say it wasn’t a Jose mod.

Ohhhhh boy, I just got the 20 minute mark. He deserves the razzing for that. “No one’s ever done that before!” :ROFLMAO:

Did they talk about wah's? That's all I want to know.

They do! And Fractals!

Kirk’s favorite wah is actually the Dimebag wah and said the only reason he didn’t copy it was out of respect for Dime.

At 1:20:00 Rick asks him about the Fractals, Kirk goes into a good spiel about them, not just the tonal aspects but the utility aspects and notes “What we hear in our ears isn’t what you’re hearing in the stadium” And then follows it up professing his love of tube amps.

Edit- Also, he snapped the headstock on Greenie a few weeks ago and bawled his eyes out, but feels ok about it now because Pete broke it originally and it got smashed to pieces when Gary had it in the trunk of his car stopped on the highway and someone hit it at highway speed. Actually, his thoughts on that guitar are pretty cool. Said he doesn’t feel like it’s his, he’s just hangin’ onto it for a while and he’ll never retire it.

Overall, good interview. He says some doofy shit here and there but I don’t think that guy has an ill-willed bone in his body. Dude’s got a lot of gratitude for his place in life.

Last edited:
They do! And Fractals!

Kirk’s favorite wah is actually the Dimebag wah and said the only reason he didn’t copy it was out of respect for Dime.

At 1:20:00 Rick asks him about the Fractals, Kirk goes into a good spiel about them, not just the tonal aspects but the utility aspects and notes “What we hear in our ears isn’t what you’re hearing in the stadium” And then follows it up professing his love of tube amps.
I will watch it now

They do! And Fractals!

Edit- Also, he snapped the headstock on Greenie a few weeks ago and bawled his eyes out, but feels ok about it now because Pete broke it originally and it got smashed to pieces when Gary had it in the trunk of his car stopped on the highway and someone hit it at highway speed. Actually, his thoughts on that guitar are pretty cool. Said he doesn’t feel like it’s his, he’s just hangin’ onto it for a while and he’ll never retire it.

Overall, good interview. He says some doofy shit here and there but I don’t think that guy has an ill-willed bone in his body. Dude’s got a lot of gratitude for his place in life.
He managed to break Greenie once again? What a Legend!

Kirk frustrates me . As a huge fan he let me down . I feel after desth magnetic he just stopped trying . 86 -92 he was actually doing really cool shit .
Kirk was involved in writing & recording out epic albums in '83, '84, '86, '88 and '91.

Joe Montana won superbowls in '82, '85, '89 and '90.

As Joe gets older, do you expect him to still perform at at world-class level like he did in his prime? Are you mad and let down when he doesn't?

Or, are you happy that Kirk is still writing & touring when Joe hasn't played a game in decades?

Kirk was involved in writing & recording out epic albums in '83, '84, '86, '88 and '91.

As Joe gets older, do you expect him to still perform at at world-class level like he did in his prime? Are you mad and let down when he doesn't?

Or, are you happy that Kirk is still writing & touring when Joe hasn't played a game in decades?
But what about Jerry Rice?

That’s makes no sense . I’m getting up there and improve every year. I search out the hardest things I can find . Steve Vai was s older and he has learned all kinds of new shit to add to his playing ,kirk just lost the drive to get better . He’s just complacent where he at now with his playing

I think apples and oranges comparing athletes and musicians. For playing itself maybe, but I'd only think one's ability to write music should get better with age. There are though some classical guitarists here and there in their 60's and early 70's that still can play almost as good as when they were at their best

That’s makes no sense . I’m getting up there and improve every year. I search out the hardest things I can find . Steve Vai was s older and he has learned all kinds of new shit to add to his playing ,kirk just lost the drive to get better . He’s just complacent where he at now with his playing
That's the thing, the hunger to get better is lost. I'd admire him if he still at least tried and wanted that. Kinda like how Roger Federer and Nadal still wanted it bad to win and compete even though they couldn't maintain their level in their late 30's, but I admired them for trying and a lot of classical musicians seemed to maintain that drive until the day they died

Back