Holiday Ampfest SAT Nov 28th Mike Fortin will be in Town!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainfreak
  • Start date Start date
I had a fantastic time with some amazingly great people. More to come but I need to take of some stuff first!!! ciao for now! :rock: :rock:

Awesome Amp Fest! We all had a great time! Got to play a slew of awesome sounding amps ... of course the Fortin Meathead and Bones ruled ... loved playing the Larry ... has it's own tone to it ... nice feel ... The Fortin Cali and Hulk mods were fantastic ... and I also enjoyed the Cameron mods ... all sounded great, each with their own unique vibe.

Lot's of great players showed up ... we did capture some video footage, and we hope to cobble a video together soon.

Thanks Mike for putting together such a great day! :rock:

Fortins.jpg

meathead%201.jpg

Modded%20Marshalls.jpg

Mad%20Amps.jpg

Meathead Clips up in the Clip Collective!

anyone want to share their thoughts on the mills cabinet that was there? tnx

psychodave":22yeo5pi said:
crabby":22yeo5pi said:

Sounded great.

I still like my Marshall cab better. ;)

You know how I feel about your Marshall cab. That is one magical speaker box, man.

crabby":3pbppp9b said:

Sounded good to me, sounded pretty smooth with a lot of bottom. For certain things though I'd take an old Greenback loaded Marshall instead though. I tend to prefer traditional sized cabs instead of oversized 4x12's. Before i got there they compared the Mills to a Mesa OS 4x12 and i think everyone liked the Mills better.

lolzgreg":29l4go2o said:
Amp fest was awesome. Can't wait to get the audio together.
Greg, you and all the guys there were awesome!! great meeting you and that clip you just posted sounds HUGE :rock: :rock: :rawk:

Oh yeah, my ears are still ringing. Great people, nice amps, and sweet guitars. What a great day. :rock:

First off, the Meathead RULES. It does EVERYTHING great. Clean, really good mid gain tones, and serious gain tones. And i LOVED LOVED LOVED the Bones. As soon as i started playing on it i loved the voicing. And we spent a good amount of time jamming the 2 Camerons along with my Cali mod. :rock:

Really nice meeting some of you for the first time. It's such good motivation to be around such great players. :rock:

danyeo":6653qx8v said:
Oh yeah, my ears are still ringing. Great people, nice amps, and sweet guitars. What a great day. :rock:

First off, the Meathead RULES. It does EVERYTHING great. Clean, really good mid gain tones, and serious gain tones. And i LOVED LOVED LOVED the Bones. As soon as i started playing on it i loved the voicing. And we spent a good amount of time jamming the 2 Camerons along with my Cali mod. :rock:

Really nice meeting some of you for the first time. It's such good motivation to be around such great players. :rock:
I agree 100% Danny and it was great hanging with you and the old and new HOM crew lol :D

I had a great time and even though I was there since 9am the day flew by!! :doh: :rock:

Gainfreak":1n475zx5 said:
lolzgreg":1n475zx5 said:
Amp fest was awesome. Can't wait to get the audio together.
Greg, you and all the guys there were awesome!! great meeting you and that clip you just posted sounds HUGE :rock: :rock: :rawk:

LIE traffic SUCKED :thumbsdown: :doh: :cry:

Lets see how my day went........................

Forgot my Cali mod in the mudroom, Danyeo saved my ass by bringing his.

Broke my jack to my CAE cab by lifting it off another cab with the cable stick plugged in breaking the sleave into two pieces.

Totally freaking froze when the camera went on.

Forgot my guitar cable at the studio.

Killer day though :D

Enjoyed everything and as I stated standing in front of the wall of Camerons and Fortins asking which one would you pick if only one? I would have no clue. Well money be damned it would be the Meathead of course.

Greg, thanks for bringing the Mills and your whole recording rig, that was the most documented ampfest I have ever been to!!!

The Mills is great cab cabinet very well made but I still need to hear one with my speakers of choice but understand why Greg choose what he had in there. I agree with you though, get all v30s in there.

Wish I had a dedicated 2 hours with the Larry, too many options to go through everything but I liked the Brit and clean channel very much. Thanks Mike for bringing that amp, very cool to jam on such a rare amp.

Oh yeah....Dave thanks for taking the time to bring that pile of gear!

I dont know about you but my cab is still in the truck....................screw that tonight :lol: :LOL:

Digital Jams":6uh52xda said:
Oh yeah....Dave thanks for taking the time to bring that pile of gear!

I dont know about you but my cab is still in the truck....................screw that tonight :lol: :LOL:

After hearing Carl and John i had to setup my stuff and start playing, nice easy 2x12 :D I don't need to say how great guys like Ralph, Harry, and Dave are, but holy fuck John is just Scary as hell and i could sit and listen to Carl play all day long. It's like every single note he plays is golden.

I have three other cabs and the one outside is broken anyways :lol: :LOL:

I love going to these, it really lights a fire under my ass and yeah Carl and John are freaks. Dude, I loved your vibrato and bends!

Back