How many of you believe the Earth is flat? Go.......

• Thread starter Thread starter Racerxrated
  • Start date Start date
You're getting something you like, the way you like it, but it's fake, unnatural. While it may be great initially, it will be your own demise.
But if I understand correctly you're talking about free speech. You think it's a bad idea?

But if I understand correctly you're talking about free speech. You think it's a bad idea?

No, I think free speech is great. However people have twisted what free speech actually is. Free Speech as defined in the US constitution IS freedom from prosecution for your Speech/Views etc.. I fully support this.

What Free Speech is not: It does not grant you the ability/right to jump on any platform, and say anything you want.

No, I think free speech is great. However people have twisted what free speech actually is. Free Speech as defined in the US constitution IS freedom from prosecution for your Speech/Views etc.. I fully support this.

What Free Speech is not: It does not grant you the ability/right to jump on any platform, and say anything you want.
I agree, but folks are continually pushing soft forms of censorship under all kinds of dubious rationales — "public safety," "hate," "inciting violence," etc. Regardless, I still don't get why you think free speech is a "Double edged sword."

I agree, but folks are continually pushing soft forms of censorship under all kinds of dubious rationales — "public safety," "hate," "inciting violence," etc. Regardless, I still don't get why you think free speech is a "Double edged sword."

I don't think free speech is a double edge sword. I think letting BS go on unfettered because you like the outcome is a Double edged sword.

I agree, but folks are continually pushing soft forms of censorship under all kinds of dubious rationales — "public safety," "hate," "inciting violence,"
Here's a hypothetical for you: What if the Heaven's Gate cult piped back up, and began recruiting people on this site?
Should this just be allowed to go on, under the idea of absolute free speech?

Here's a hypothetical for you: What if the Heaven's Gate cult piped back up, and began recruiting people on this site?
Should this just allowed to go on, under the idea of absolute free speech?
This is the retard section of a guitar forum. Owners can do what they want. But you're still not answering my point. What if it was a Heaven's Gate site and was getting tons of traffic?

Should this just be allowed to go on, under the idea of absolute free speech?
Absolutely.

The cult preserved a couple lives to tell the story. What are you gonna do, jail them for religious beliefs? Your're getting lost Mr. Livingston.

Absolutely.

The cult preserved a couple lives to tell the story. What are you gonna do, jail them for religious beliefs? Your're getting lost Mr. Livingston.

WTH are you talking about? I never said jail anyone 🤷‍♂️ :hys:

What if it was a Heaven's Gate site and was getting tons of traffic?

That's a great point.

It would be their platform, and they can do what they want, as long as what they are doing does not break any laws.

However other platforms are NOT required to give them a megaphone. Which is what the people I'm talking about expect. Total BS, and you know that.

Oh, so how did you intend on silencing them? Asking them nicely to "please stop"?

So you're cool with spammers, and scammers having their way with this site? I mean we don't want to harm their free speech rights 🤷‍♂️:hys:

However other platforms are NOT required to give them a megaphone
Kind of like when everyone said "Go make your own platform" so Parlor did and then Apple and Google delisted it from their app stores?

All this talk about free speech.....just remember, free speech is what led to Germany being conned by Hitler. And we all know how THAT ended up.

So you're cool with spammers, and scammers having their way with this site? I mean we don't want to harm their free speech rights 🤷‍♂️:hys:
That has more to do with smooth function of a website than it does allowing the two surviving cult members to post up and get laughed at. You're way off base but you probably spend a lot of time in front of a screen so it's distorting your perception of reality.

Back