Is Randall Smith no longer with Mesa?

• Thread starter Thread starter IIBornotIIB
  • Start date Start date
But what we really need is...

PembBon.jpg

My weed dealer told me Randall Smith and Mike B have a suicide pact, so that all their knowledge goes to the grave with them. They're gunna take out Steve Fryette first because he used to work on boogies and knows too much.

I don’t think a reissue iic+ would do anything but raise the value of the “authentic” ones?? When is the last time anything highly regarded in limited quantities in any field has gone down in value in this age of the internet, YouTube, eBay/Reverb, social media groups and whatever else?? It’s not 2002 anymore.

Maybe the reissues are a response to the Badlander flopping?

^ I like the idea of Randall and Mike B going on their own to become what they started with. A boutique amp builder. They would have to rename everything of course and make a slight tweak to each circuit as to not get caught copying their own work :lol:

Mike BII++
Quad Rectifier (aka Ballbuster)
Triple Cloned
Road Queen
Silhouette
Fillmemore
Elyctra Died
Trans Nomadic
Trem-O-ling
Lonely Star
Badlanded?

Of course I'm kidding. I love Mesa Boogie and the whole thing w Gibson gives me a sad face :(

Last edited:
I don’t think a reissue iic+ would do anything but raise the value of the “authentic” ones?? When is the last time anything highly regarded in limited quantities in any field has gone down in value in this age of the internet, YouTube, eBay/Reverb, social media groups and whatever else?? It’s not 2002 anymore.

Even if they did release a perfect reissue, dudes with original models will be posting threads about how the reissue sounds small/cold/plastic/artificial etc compared to their original pixie dust blessed amps

Even if they did release a perfect reissue, dudes with original models will be posting threads about how the reissue sounds small/cold/plastic/artificial etc compared to their original pixie dust blessed amps
Even though it doesn't exist, I've already decided the reissue sounds like a pair of soft spoken vegans discussing climate change.

That's the damn truth

I could see a reissue response go like this:

First, the YouTube "usual suspects" (Fluff, Ola, etc) get the 2C+ reissue. Their reviews are of course, rave reviews. The 2C+ reissue is dead nuts like a superb old C+ example.

Then, amps start getting into player's hands and we see a mixed bag of reviews on places like Rig-Talk.

My bet is real player feedback will be similar to what we saw with the SLO mk2.

I can’t wait to be one of those assholes, I have a stack of previously unheard toan descriptions ive been saving for years which will no doubt become mainstream after i drop them in hopes to shit on fake iic+ owners parade and raise my amps value even more :ROFLMAO:

Nah, If I played the reissue and it had the same bounce in the feel, and clarity I'd say WE HAVE A WINNER!! and shout it from the rooftops.

i bet it will be more a "limited run" than a reissue, kind of like the Page or Jones guitars Gibson does that sell out instantly and have a waiting list at $15k or whatever bullshit they go for

Back