Is Randall Smith no longer with Mesa?

• Thread starter Thread starter IIBornotIIB
  • Start date Start date
Randy owns the property where the factory is. He owned it before the factory was built.

The drama is likely a lot less fact based than most.

Let's follow the theme. Randy is Luke Skywalker. Gibson is the dark side. I lost track of the story when Disney took over.

It’s interesting that there was so much shock around this. I mean, it was coming from the day the company got sold. Sucks if Randall and others felt blindsided by it, but any time a company sells this is a pretty normal deal.
Yeah this is how I feel. Randall also wanted to cash out and retire. Dudes up there in age. I don’t see why the whole world is butthurt over this as it’s expected.

What you can be upset with is how Gibson has acquired companies like Onkyo and then killed them off. I’m hoping Gibson intends to give what people want instead of starting to sue people for intellectual property reasons like they’ve been wrongfully doing to Dean.

Yeah this is how I feel. Randall also wanted to cash out and retire. Dudes up there in age. I don’t see why the whole world is butthurt over this as it’s expected.

What you can be upset with is how Gibson has acquired companies like Onkyo and then killed them off. I’m hoping Gibson intends to give what people want instead of starting to sue people for intellectual property reasons like they’ve been wrongfully doing to Dean.
Yeah I mean 80 is up there and toward the end of lifespan, definitely the time to call it a day. Gibson still sucks lol, but this is hardly a shocker.

Yeah I mean 80 is up there and toward the end of lifespan, definitely the time to call it a day. Gibson still sucks lol, but this is hardly a shocker.
Yea Gibson quality control sucks big time!!! PRS has WAAYY better QC!!

From JP's Facebook page

1725384133800.png

Thanks for posting that @BenoA

So do you or anyone know if this was an actual retirement party? If so, it seems like a small group. And no offense to John's playing or contributions but I hate how he always has to make it about himself.

(Generally speaking)
And I'm not so sure about the number of people that feel Randall got screwed over as the number of people who are frustrated about how Gibson handles things. This and in general.

:dunno:

So do you or anyone know if this was an actual retirement party? If so, it seems like a small group. And no offense to John's playing or contributions but I hate how he always has to make it about himself.

(Generally speaking)
And I'm not so sure about the number of people that feel Randall got screwed over as the number of people who are frustrated about how Gibson handles things. This and in general.

Yeah its a good thing JP didn't plug his own products or anything fucking shill. Im sure he's gotten a letter of intent by Gibson telling him they'll jack him off.
What he puts out one album every 22 years and 385 sig products.
Never cared for the guy or his endorsements. Most his lead runs sound like warm-up excersises.
Thanks for the insight into the elite handfull of extict amp exec's that have nothing to do with anyone here.
Im glad that FB post clarified the Mesa / Gibson mystery.

Last edited:

(Generally speaking)

JP does have a sig Mesa; anyone else? Why isn't Santana there, or other Mesa players?

JP actually showed up in person, which is nice considering DT is about to start a European tour.

IMO

Yeah its a good thing JP didn't plug his own products or anything fucking shill. Im sure he's gotten a letter of intent by Gibson telling him they'll jack him off.
What he puts out one album every 22 years and 385 sig products.
Never cared for the guy or his endorsements. Most his lead runs sound like warm-up excersises.
Thanks for the insight into the elite handfull of extict amp exec's that have nothing to do with anyone here.
Im glad that FB post clarified the Mesa / Gibson mystery.

Pin page

John Petrucci Admits He Finds Dream ...

It was a real dick move from Gibson who sent a male stripper to crash the party with an erotic cake that read, “Sorry you didn’t C+ this coming Randall! Thanks for the circuits and C++ you later!!!”

Back