NAD: Fortin Cali #23 (updated with clip)

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
DeathbyButterslax":3i5vbwsu said:
Goddamn that sounds good, that might be my favourite clip so far from you man. Just so much growl, and clarity.

P.s wtf did you do to your Slax??? Getting new tolex?

Thanks dude! I appreciate it very much! Thanks for the positivity, love it!
On the slax: Haha....just the front panel is off. Getting a blacked out one, and got impatient.
It’s very transparent right now hahah.

Drkorey":285xak84 said:
The Cali should sound badass mixed with with the Wizard - which I plan to experiment with.
I just picked up Cali #3 and will experiment with throwing it into a recorded mix with my MC2 and +/- the JP2C and JJ100.
It sounds like it will have some frequencies the others are not so pronounced in.

I’ve actually been contemplating getting a fortin spliff, to combine some stacks.
I’ve been more of a single amp/single cab guy lately though.
But I bet it will nuke a neighborhood hahah.

Dude it sounds killer! Of course your stuff always does. If the used amp market wasn't so suck right now I'd have gotten in on the 2 run.

LunatiBSW":3r6p4fjc said:
Drkorey":3r6p4fjc said:
The Cali should sound badass mixed with with the Wizard - which I plan to experiment with.
I just picked up Cali #3 and will experiment with throwing it into a recorded mix with my MC2 and +/- the JP2C and JJ100.
It sounds like it will have some frequencies the others are not so pronounced in.

I’ve actually been contemplating getting a fortin spliff, to combine some stacks.
I’ve been more of a single amp/single cab guy lately though.
But I bet it will nuke a neighborhood hahah.
I have the SPliff and will be using it to run a few amps combo'd. Want to hear how the KSR sounds mated with the BE-100

JerEvil":197rk3mr said:
Dude it sounds killer! Of course your stuff always does. If the used amp market wasn't so suck right now I'd have gotten in on the 2 run.

Thanks buddy. Very kind of you!

cardinal":197rk3mr said:
Amp sounds really tight and mean.

My thoughts exactly.

Beyond Black":197rk3mr said:
Sounds killer! Congrats! :rock:

Thank you! It’s a keeper!

JerEvil":197rk3mr said:
I have the SPliff and will be using it to run a few amps combo'd. Want to hear how the KSR sounds mated with the BE-100

I’ll be waiting for your demo :D
I like the idea of the separate tuner out also. Then.....to be able to step on the pedal like a killswitch.
Seems like a great idea. The iso out for a second head is the bonus!
I’ll be able to use the key input also. I just don’t like putting more in the loop than I have to.

psychodave":197rk3mr said:
Sounds great. Try it with two 4x12’s. :thumbsup:

Hopefully this weekend I’ll be able to do that, and try it with my other cabs. Only tried the Avatar and Bogner cabs so far.

misterspockyall":197rk3mr said:
Damn, want.

Oh, this amp is killer. I highly recommend one!

Nice! Congrats.
The Fortin and Wizard look a lot alike.
That clip sounds great, thick.

Congrats! Love the cosmetic. Looks great.
Sounds pretty damn good, but from memory I think I slightly preferred your Wizard clip. Could just be inconsistencies between the clips (possibly volume level?) but the Wizard had more chirp in the attack, more thump and a more delicious grind. How do you hear it in person?

LPMojoGL":2g332sr4 said:
Nice! Congrats.
The Fortin and Wizard look a lot alike.
That clip sounds great, thick.

Thanks buddy!
That’s funny, I was thinking that last night when I was re arranging gear upstairs.

firejack":2g332sr4 said:
Congrats! Love the cosmetic. Looks great.
Sounds pretty damn good, but from memory I think I slightly preferred your Wizard clip. Could just be inconsistencies between the clips (possibly volume level?) but the Wizard had more chirp in the attack, more thump and a more delicious grind. How do you hear it in person?

Good observation. I have them dialed in completely different, and they were running through different cabs and speakers also.
I had to run the wizards presence and contour really high to get the attack I liked. It was dialed in on the brighter side. I also had the volume of the wizard quite a bit higher than I just did on this fortin clip.
This fortin is running through v30/k100’s, the cab isn’t as bright as the one I ran the wizard through.
I dialed it in thicker and less bright for the clip, but it still retained this insane attack and tightness.

LunatiBSW":1lranjlo said:
Good observation. I have them dialed in completely different, and they were running through different cabs and speakers also.
I had to run the wizards presence and contour really high to get the attack I liked. It was dialed in on the brighter side. I also had the volume of the wizard quite a bit higher than I just did on this fortin clip.
This fortin is running through v30/k100’s, the cab isn’t as bright as the one I ran the wizard through.
I dialed it in thicker and less bright for the clip, but it still retained this insane attack and tightness.
Interesting stuff. It be great to see a comparison between the two through the same cab and EQ settings at noon. Get a good indication of their respective voicings and ranges of gain with all things being equal.

And I have to ask... which do you think you would keep if you could only have one? Haha.

LunatiBSW":1m68sbpa said:
It fucking rips.
Your gonna love it. The attack is nuts and it’s stupid tight.
Hopefully that fuels your gas for the weekend :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :D :thumbsup:
That’s correct on the number.
I had such a bitch of a time getting one. So many people crashing the server. Mike put this one aside for me, before the smoke cleared, def wanted to be in the first run of these :rock:
I remember we were chatting on Facebook. You got through pretty early in, if I remember right.
Dude! It came today! Woohoo! First clip lol! So happy!

LunatiBSW":kbph5h49 said:
Here’s a clip:
I know there’s not much out. So wanted to get something up ASAP:

Sounds good :)

BTW, Duvells are sick guitars.

errrrrl":22oj9uea said:

Springfield! Hahaha. I’d say that’s a bit heavy, but theres a clip of him singing Jesse’s Girl on the Naylor amps page. Dunno if he still uses Naylors, but that clip is pretty rocking.

Then you break into some Metallica, nice. Was the feedback from gobs of gain or loud volume?

Sounds great! Definitely overdue for another Ampfest also found another local with a Revv

errrrrl":39ro7war said:
LunatiBSW":39ro7war said:
It fucking rips.
Your gonna love it. The attack is nuts and it’s stupid tight.
Hopefully that fuels your gas for the weekend :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :D :thumbsup:
That’s correct on the number.
I had such a bitch of a time getting one. So many people crashing the server. Mike put this one aside for me, before the smoke cleared, def wanted to be in the first run of these :rock:
I remember we were chatting on Facebook. You got through pretty early in, if I remember right.

Thanks for that clip! First time I really was able to hear it in a not highest gain metal chugga style. Helped a lot to understand the tone of the amp :thumbsup:

Back