NAD: Fortin Cali #23 (updated with clip)

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
scottosan":2jmfb23k said:
LunatiBSW":2jmfb23k said:
Metal1977":2jmfb23k said:
Wow sounds fucking sick, congrats! Wonder if Mike will make a 100 watts version in black? You got a bunch of cool amps btw.

Thanks dude! I was wondering that too, but didn’t want to wait.
I heard he had no plans of doing any other colors, last I heard, for the Cali.
I know he’s been doing the 50w format for every run lately.
I wouldn’t hold my breath, unless you wanna wait a long time.
I’ve just been wanting an actual fortin for a while, and thought I’d give it a go.
I can say though, for 50w, it’s still devastating. I don’t find it lacking in anyway.

I also just ordered (2) cream h’s to replace the (2) k100’s up top, in that cab the fortin is on.
It has (2) v30’s down below, which I really like what they do for the tone.
The k100’s are cool, but they don’t have much character.
So with the fortin, I’ve been running it into my torpedo studio, to try different speakers/cabs IR’s with it, to see what it likes best.
The Cali really likes v30’s and cream h’s, ran in stereo, for the tone I’m going for.
So Now I won’t be flipping tons of speakers to find the perfect match for the Cali, love that torpedo studio for that.
Just found out there is a second Cali in the DFW area. There is a guy in Arlington with one as well

Are you referring to yourself? :lol: :LOL:

LPMojoGL":37jzzp6v said:
scottosan":37jzzp6v said:
LunatiBSW":37jzzp6v said:
Metal1977":37jzzp6v said:
Wow sounds fucking sick, congrats! Wonder if Mike will make a 100 watts version in black? You got a bunch of cool amps btw.

Thanks dude! I was wondering that too, but didn’t want to wait.
I heard he had no plans of doing any other colors, last I heard, for the Cali.
I know he’s been doing the 50w format for every run lately.
I wouldn’t hold my breath, unless you wanna wait a long time.
I’ve just been wanting an actual fortin for a while, and thought I’d give it a go.
I can say though, for 50w, it’s still devastating. I don’t find it lacking in anyway.

I also just ordered (2) cream h’s to replace the (2) k100’s up top, in that cab the fortin is on.
It has (2) v30’s down below, which I really like what they do for the tone.
The k100’s are cool, but they don’t have much character.
So with the fortin, I’ve been running it into my torpedo studio, to try different speakers/cabs IR’s with it, to see what it likes best.
The Cali really likes v30’s and cream h’s, ran in stereo, for the tone I’m going for.
So Now I won’t be flipping tons of speakers to find the perfect match for the Cali, love that torpedo studio for that.
Just found out there is a second Cali in the DFW area. There is a guy in Arlington with one as well

Are you referring to yourself? :lol: :LOL:
nope

LunatiBSW":34uihmmy said:
Try greenbacks too. My Suhr came with greenback IRs that I used a handful of times... tried it with the Cali and holy shit, was surprised how well it took them. Worth trying if you have any. :thumbsup:

errrrrl":3rzvymr8 said:
LunatiBSW":3rzvymr8 said:
Try greenbacks too. My Suhr came with greenback IRs that I used a handful of times... tried it with the Cali and holy shit, was surprised how well it took them. Worth trying if you have any. :thumbsup:

I’ve tried to like greenies a couple times, but just never gelled. They seemed a little to vintage for me.
I much prefer the cream h, over the greenies. But it could have been the amps I was using.
They were beefed up Marshall’s circuits though. I should try the fortin greenback IR again with the Cali.
The fortin IR’s are badass though. I mix the beast v30 with the beast cream 75 cabs panned hard right/left in stereo. Super badass!
The creams should be here fri, I’m super excited to put them in that snakeskin cab and try it with the fortin, amongst other amps. The cab is front loaded, so I’m hoping it gives me everything I’ve been wanting.

LunatiBSW":2pkomp6k said:
errrrrl":2pkomp6k said:
LunatiBSW":2pkomp6k said:

I’ve tried to like greenies a couple times, but just never gelled. They seemed a little to vintage for me.
I much prefer the cream h, over the greenies. But it could have been the amps I was using.
They were beefed up Marshall’s circuits though. I should try the fortin greenback IR again with the Cali.
The fortin IR’s are badass though. I mix the beast v30 with the beast cream 75 cabs panned hard right/left in stereo. Super badass!
The creams should be here fri, I’m super excited to put them in that snakeskin cab and try it with the fortin, amongst other amps. The cab is front loaded, so I’m hoping it gives me everything I’ve been wanting.

I'm not a fan of greenbacks either. Creamback H75s are awesome speakers though and blend well with v30s. Much better combo than the v30/K100 (which I do like, just not as much). You should definitely consider checking out Fane F70s. I bet they'd be right up your ally and they pair well with Wizards.

mhenson42":nm22iy29 said:
LunatiBSW":nm22iy29 said:
errrrrl":nm22iy29 said:
LunatiBSW":nm22iy29 said:

I'm not a fan of greenbacks either. Creamback H75s are awesome speakers though and blend well with v30s. Much better combo than the v30/K100 (which I do like, just not as much). You should definitely consider checking out Fane F70s. I bet they'd be right up your ally and they pair well with Wizards.

Those fane’s are still on my radar. I’ve had great experiences with creams and v30’s, just never tried them together in a FL cab. So I wanted to try that first, and since it SLAYED through the torpedo studio.
But......those fanes have my curiosity for sure. I hope to try them in the near future.
You pull the trigger on that kt150 mtl yet?

mhenson42":12lhg5k9 said:
LunatiBSW":12lhg5k9 said:
errrrrl":12lhg5k9 said:
LunatiBSW":12lhg5k9 said:

+100

This is the same speaker combo I run in my Wizard cab with my MTL... it kills.

LunatiBSW":2g7udr2r said:
firejack":2g7udr2r said:
Yeah I hear you. Well you have one hell of a selection to choose from, that's for sure. :thumbsup:
Keep the clips coming.

Much appreciated, I’ll get some nice stuff going soon once I get the drum software going. I’ve got a torpedo studio I’m getting the hang of, and should help me get some good recordings. :rock:
Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

LunatiBSW":2c293mbs said:
mhenson42":2c293mbs said:
errrrrl":2c293mbs said:

Those fane’s are still on my radar. I’ve had great experiences with creams and v30’s, just never tried them together in a FL cab. So I wanted to try that first, and since it SLAYED through the torpedo studio.
But......those fanes have my curiosity for sure. I hope to try them in the near future.
You pull the trigger on that kt150 mtl yet?

Not yet. I'm close. lol

Wizard of Ozz":3erawair said:
+100

Which, the V30/Cream75 or the V30/Fane??

Ventura":1jm8n7g5 said:
Wizard of Ozz":1jm8n7g5 said:
+100

The V30 + H75 Creamback combo.

Wizard of Ozz":2aclhbjq said:
Ventura":2aclhbjq said:
Wizard of Ozz":2aclhbjq said:
+100

The V30 + H75 Creamback combo.

I am assuming the V30's are on top? Been wanting to try this combo myself lately. Love H75, but never was crazy about V30.

Finally tried it with the FL V30 Diezel cab.
Tuxedo style

7mrm4oql.jpg

This Diezel cab is picky about what goes through it IMO. It sounds amaze-balls with the fortin.
Was kind of thinking about selling this cab, but it may stay now :rock:

Can’t wait to get the cream 75’s to mix with my v30’s in the snakeskin cab.
Like You wiz experts said too, the wiz is gonna sound crazy through that cab also.
I’m gonna do v30’s on bottom and cream 75’s on top.
I like v30’s on bottom for sure ;)

Back