New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
I ignored

Dude I'm not reading all that or listening to all that JFC

Judging by your attempt at a "fast" video using "harmonic minor" though, you should probably check out Ben Ellers YouTube video on alternate picking coordination, you know, since you're into that
It's strange that you ignored but yet proceeded to give me advice on the topic altogether. The point was I know the difference and can use any scale efficienciently at any time regarding style and genre. It doesn't matter though, I'm by far the worst guitar player on the forum and will/can never improve my ability. I'm too stupid 😢 😒

Thanks anyway.

Well.. your "other" channel demonstrates you've got some serious picking-hand problems.

Check out Troy Grady's site and get some help with that.

👋
I think you're trolling skills have some issues. I already told you, that's not my channel. Meaning it's not my "other" channel. Pedal Poopers is my only channel and haven't got any complaints on my videos before. Perhaps you can share some of your videos for reference 😉

Or better yet, if you're serious, let me know exactly where the problems are lol Hell, you can even make a video yourself on showing me how to do it correctly, somehow I doubt you will though. We'll see, won't we? I am willing to take criticism seriously if you're serious, forgive me if you are - as you can see, this is the third thread that has turned into trollfest so it's hard to tell who's doing what lol

I think you're trolling skills have some issues. I already told you, that's not my channel. Meaning it's not my "other" channel. Pedal Poopers is my only channel and haven't got any complaints on my videos before.
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about.

No complaints.. just saying your picking hand looks like an injury waiting to happen, if you don't correct that.

🤷‍♂️

Yep, it seems to be at an angle that would strain your wrist fo' sho'.

Also, tell your friend (with the wig), if he wants to mimic what Randy was using, he shouldn't run the Bass so high on the EVH's green channel. That is nowhere near a typical Marshall (guitar) tone. Just sayin'. 😉

(and for someone who prefers facts, you sure seem to cherry pick when it comes to Dan's appearance. Plenty of vids from him with a full beard. )
I have no dog in this race, but I call bs as I see it.

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about.

No complaints.. just saying your picking hand looks like an injury waiting to happen, if you don't correct that.

🤷‍♂️
Yep, it seems to be at an angle that would strain your wrist fo' sho'.

Also, tell your friend (with the wig), if he wants to mimic what Randy was using, he shouldn't run the Bass so high on the EVH's green channel. That is nowhere near a Marshall tone. Just sayin'.
I will work on that, thanks guys! I'm notbsure how to improve but I will try different positioning and adjust the height level sacrifices through the strap. Thanks

And I'll let him know!!

I will work on that, thanks guys! I'm notbsure how to improve but I will try different positioning and adjust the height level sacrifices through the strap. Thanks
I've started playing classical/Spanish as well since a year or two and after playing guitar for 30 years, I actually went back to my original guitar teacher (who is now on the bring of retiring and taught me the electric guitar in my teenage years) to teach me Spanish guitar. Sort of full circle...
And he as well pointed out that some weird angle in your wrist will harm you in the long run.
Your wrist seems more relaxed in the Classical/Spanish piece; that's something to strive for with the electric guitar too. And mind you, I like to hang my guitar reasonably low, although not DD Verni/Frank Bello/Kurt Cobain low, but I raised it a bit again to alleviate my right wrist.
For a lot of faster rock/metal stuff that I play, I prefer control, speed and technique over 'looking cool on stage'. :geek:

I've started playing classical/Spanish as well since a year or two and after playing guitar for 30 years, I actually went back to my original guitar teacher (who is now on the bring of retiring and taught me the electric guitar in my teenage years) to teach me Spanish guitar. Sort of full circle...
And he as well pointed out that some weird angle in your wrist will harm you in the long run.
Your wrist seems more relaxed in the Classical/Spanish piece; that's something to strive for with the electric guitar too. And mind you, I like to hang my guitar reasonably low, although not DD Verni/Frank Bello/Kurt Cobain low, but I raised it a bit again to alleviate my right wrist.
For a lot of faster rock/metal stuff that I play, I prefer control, speed and technique over 'looking cool on stage'. :geek:
Thanks for this!!

Definitely helpful and relatable feedback :) 👍

I found a good pic (on an acoustic) that shows the wrong angle...and I added the wrong in red line, and preferred in green line.

EDIT:
Turns out the website where I used the picture from, showed the correct hand placement themselves too.
Figure 26=bad, Figure 27=good.

https://fingerstyleschool.com/how-to-hold-the-guitar/

Attachments

• wrong-right-hand-placement-on-the-top-of-the-guitar3.jpg
    wrong-right-hand-placement-on-the-top-of-the-guitar3.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 9
What are you guys going on about now for 3 pages? Glitch, open that pedal up and give it a go, you are being "one of those people". There are only a few demos of this pedal because everyone presumably bought these to sell for x3 the price. Total piss off for those of us who want to actually use them... and who can play. Cause my vibrato doesn't suck. I can play Randy's stuff reasonably well and I want this pedal to play it. So send me yours seeing as my supplier can't get an answer from MXR at the moment. If you send it to me, I will post a clip up on this forum of me playing it through my 800 and a cream colored Edwards.

What are you guys going on about now for 3 pages?
No clue, I wasn't here all night, got on this morning to find a couple pages of continuous insults, then again, that's probably what to expect from an internet forum. Nothing new.

Implying that my vibrato sucks or that I can't play just because the pedal price scalping isn't a huge deal to me is poor form, I have already proven I can play well, regardless of how many people on the forum pretend I can't for their salty/obsessive reasons and personal agendas.
I’m still trying to figure out who Glitch is!!!
Just me, nothing important and yet relevant enough for a few members to continue a vendetta over on a few threads 😆

No clue, I wasn't here all night, got on this morning to find a couple pages of continuous insults, then again, that's probably what to expect from an internet forum. Nothing new.

Implying that my vibrato sucks or that I can't play just because the pedal price scalping isn't a huge deal to me is poor form, I have already proven I can play well, regardless of how many people on the forum pretend I can't for their salty/obsessive reasons and personal agendas.

Just me, nothing important and yet relevant enough for a few members to continue a vendetta over on a few threads 😆
What’s your channel?

Ridiculous.. I ordered it the day it dropped and to know only 240 were released to Canada? What's the play here MXR?? Honestly, this pisses me off more than make me want to buy their pedals. I have to think it is only an initial run and maybe they will make more without the booklet but they easily could have sold twice the number they made. For the fans my ass. Good thing we have Glitch for our Distortion plus surf demo? I like the distortion plus the best when the gain knob is down and the level is just barely up. That's the sound right there! :D

1724861244252.png

Ah ok. I took your 73k subs comment literally. I was trying to figure out who as a guitar player has that many subs that I don’t know about! lol.
I have almost 73k followers on Facebook, not on YouTube.

On YouTube, my channel gets barely any views or subs - I'm fine with that. I don't really know why Facebook grew to that level, I'm part of some groups and a few brands liked and reposted my videos and my weekend gigs average at 5k-6k audience and that helped a bit too. I know 73k isn't much but it's tons more than my youtube channel will probably ever get. Oh well, I'm not anybody "known" in the industry as a whole but maybe I'm known in the praise and worship guitarist industry/world. I don't give out my facebook because that has my real name, pics of wife and kids, etc. and some people have already creeped me a bit.

Back