New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
I have almost 73k followers on Facebook, not on YouTube.

On YouTube, my channel gets barely any views or subs - I'm fine with that. I don't really know why Facebook grew to that level, I'm part of some groups and a few brands liked and reposted my videos and my weekend gigs average at 5k-6k audience and that helped a bit too. I know 73k isn't much but it's tons more than my youtube channel will probably ever get. Oh well, I'm not anybody "known" in the industry as a whole but maybe I'm known in the praise and worship guitarist industry/world. I don't give out my facebook because that has my real name, pics of wife and kids, etc. and some people have already creeped me a bit.
Gotcha.

Has that sound for sure! Is that the pedal alone or were you boosting?
It's my Warmoth strat into the pedal, into my jcm-800, into reactive load/line out.

I'm using speaker impulse responses of the same speakers Randy used (Altec-Lansing 417-8H) from the Ownhammer IR collection

who has the biggest dick
giphy.gif

It's my Warmoth strat into the pedal, into my jcm-800, into reactive load/line out.

I'm using speaker impulse responses of the same speakers Randy used (Altec-Lansing 417-8H) from the Ownhammer IR collection

Ahh ok, that will do it. The Altec is the key!

Dunlop has confirmed to me that no more of these will be made so.. it can be the new Klon!

Dunlop has confirmed to me that no more of these will be made so.. it can be the new Klon!

We’ll see where the prices end up when everyone gets their pedal. Even the Klon KTRs are quite hard to get these days new. I was lucky with a shop in France 1.5 years ago. :) Will be capturing them and other pedals with Quad Cortex at some point.

We’ll see where the prices end up when everyone gets their pedal. Even the Klon KTRs are quite hard to get these days new. I was lucky with a shop in France 1.5 years ago. :) Will be capturing them and other pedals with Quad Cortex at some point.
I'm pretty sure that the prices will keep going up, as I said in the beginning of the thread, there are only 3200, so as more are resold and used, broken, opened, etc, there will be far less "brand new" (never opened) with the box and collectibles in mint/brand new condition. I'm betting that many of the used pedals will sell without the box, booklet or the numbered card/bag. Which should take from value as it's missing important packaging.

I don't doubt there will be major boutique brands cloning it with some EQ/Gain range enhancements but it's just not the same. As the Klon, people will WANT what's the original and race to get it, claiming there's something the clone doesn't have just because it's the original. My apologies to anyone who really wanted the pedal and didn't get a fair chance, I really wanted the Way Huge Deep State Jo-Bo overdrive but by the time I learned about it, it was sold out so I feel your pain!

Just bare in mind that the pedal industry is constantly getting great stuff so anyone angry of this might move on and forget all about it in a month or two!

I'm pretty sure that the prices will keep going up, as I said in the beginning of the thread, there are only 3200, so as more are resold and used, broken, opened, etc, there will be far less "brand new" (never opened) with the box and collectibles in mint/brand new condition. I'm betting that many of the used pedals will sell without the box, booklet or the numbered card/bag. Which should take from value as it's missing important packaging.

I don't doubt there will be major boutique brands cloning it with some EQ/Gain range enhancements but it's just not the same. As the Klon, people will WANT what's the original and race to get it, claiming there's something the clone doesn't have just because it's the original. My apologies to anyone who really wanted the pedal and didn't get a fair chance, I really wanted the Way Huge Deep State Jo-Bo overdrive but by the time I learned about it, it was sold out so I feel your pain!

Just bare in mind that the pedal industry is constantly getting great stuff so anyone angry of this might move on and forget all about it in a month or two!

I put a low bid on a 79 Distortion + on Reverb .. that's more likely what he would have used circuit wise and tonally, they just sound a bit more subtle than the reissue's which are 100$. The secret is in the Altec but I have to admit the packaging on this was slick and iconic.

Damn, Glitch glitched out.

Sweet!

Ironically, I've shared maybe a hundred solid demo videos/shorts of pedals and guitars - they are in the gear reviews section. But they only don't count because you guys are on some obsessive trolling spree, right? 😆

It's cool!

In my head, PlayingWithPower is Jeff Stacy and WizardAmpIphoneClip is Ayman Al-Zawahiri which is far worse....

Stop being a douche and I'll stop being a douche, pinky promise. However, no way in hell you can convince me you're not a tranny, the video is proof.

As expected both the tone and technique are shit. No disrespect. Just sharing my opinion. I don't care for the bees in the can type of sound Distortion that covers your flaws and makes you sound even more like shit anyhow. And yeah. I'd be pissed too if the person I was trying to troll was better at playing my own genre than me 😆

Also "You're too fucking stupid"...
You're too fucking stupid to be mature and move on, even after mods step in to politely all you to stop trolling.

They're not gonna stop. Maybe a stern warning will stop the tranny pieces of shit from continuing to make the forum a toxic and immature forum, and sharing their shitty riffs too. Let's hope!

Also, Note that his post said "Stop and we'll stop" and yet writes 2 pages of masterbatory posts towards me with his queer friends. Love those love letters of desperation :)

Never go full retard.

I put a low bid on a 79 Distortion + on Reverb .. that's more likely what he would have used circuit wise and tonally, they just sound a bit more subtle than the reissue's which are 100$. The secret is in the Altec but I have to admit the packaging on this was slick and iconic.
Block letter? That is what I have now. Also 2 Altecs and MXR 10band sitting here.

Block letter? That is what I have now. Also 2 Altecs and MXR 10band sitting here.
Yeah, script is stupid money. But still cheaper than the RR. I'm guessing the reissue or newer ones fix the volume complaints and that is why it is more present when you A/B them. I plan to use my GE-10, close enough for me. Would love to hunt down an altec though.

Back